Good film.

Worth a watch.

Comments

• fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    My newspaper has only given this two stars but I thought it was worth three at least. Not a fan of Angelina Jolie but I thought the film was good and watched it a second time and still enjoyed it. If only she would put a bit of weight on!
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Its a good action, "take your brain out" kind of movie.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite liked it, as action thrillers go I thought it was one of the better ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright. But nothing special.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Not bad, if you like deeply flawed, convoluted films full of plot holes, unrealistic action sequences and a ridiculous ending.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    IIRC, a good enough timewaster as these things go.

Mind you, I liked Mr and Mrs Smith as well. :o
  • Delta TangoDelta Tango Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    Not bad, if you like deeply flawed, convoluted films full of plot holes, unrealistic action sequences and a ridiculous ending.

There's two endings. I've got the dvd. Not sure which one they showed on tv though.

Was it the one where she goes back and kills him then buries him at sea?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good film and this is coming from someone who avoids this type of movie. Angeline Jolie has already said she would do a sequel, so i hope they do. Evelyn Salt is such an intriguing character, i want to learn more about her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IIRC, a good enough timewaster as these things go.

Mind you, I liked Mr and Mrs Smith as well. :o

might I suggest you look up and watch a film called "Prizzi's Honour" its so much better than the Brangelina vehicle.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    might I suggest you look up and watch a film called "Prizzi's Honour" its so much better than the Brangelina vehicle.
    Some major similarites for sure, and another very good film.

However, I always thought Mr & Mrs Smith, with it's big flashy action, was more a wilful plunder of True Lies (itself a remake) - and I love that too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some major similarites for sure, and another very good film.

However, I always thought Mr & Mrs Smith, with it's big flashy action, was more a wilful plunder of True Lies (itself a remake) - and I love that too!
    I quite enjoyed True Lies as it happens, didn't realise its a remake though, what was the original?
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's two endings. I've got the dvd. Not sure which one they showed on tv though.

it ended with Angelina on the helicopter with Chiwetel , and she convinces him she'll find the rest of the sleepers and he undoes her cuffs and she jumps out the helicopter .

what happens in the other ending ?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

it ended with Angelina on the helicopter with Chiwetel , and she convinces him she'll find the rest of the sleepers and he undoes her cuffs and she jumps out the helicopter .

I watched it when it first came on Sky and when I read up afterwards there were about 3 endings I think.
    I think the scene in the ship was supposed to be at the end but it was reedited and put in before she went to the White House.
  • Delta TangoDelta Tango Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That man.

The one in the interview room at the start where he says, 'you're a Russian spy then'...

Well, she goes back to the palace.... kills him....weighs his body down with bricks and sinks him in the sea.

Obviously it's more interesting than I've tried to explain.