Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVScourge wrote: »
    I would be surprised if its on both gen. Rockstar have never made a GTA game that appeared on two different generation of consoles.

Except for probably one game in the late 90s. GTA 2 was on the 5th (PS1) and 6th (Dreamcast) generation. That's actually a funny thought, that because of the Dreamcast, GTA 2 was on the same generation as GTA III, VC, SA, LCS and VCS.

Industry can focus all it wants. Its the fans who matter to Rockstar. We give them our monies, and we'll do that in droves should it come to PS3 and 360 as promised. Who would want to buy a brand new £400 console when we still have our powerful current gen machines, and baring down on a triple-dip recession?

The case against this argument is fairly easy with the following example: Apple products and Apple fanboys who buy the lastest version of the iThing every year. :p

Regardless if there is a recession on or not a new Xbox and PS4 is on the horizon as the current gen breathe their last dying breaths. So who would want to buy a new console when you still have your old machine? well you ought to tell that to Sony and MS because they obviously feel there is a demand for change.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These new console launches, lets be honest, it's usually a slow start, it takes about a year for them to be even worth picking up. I'm fine with it. I'll be playing GTA V on my ps3 for a long time, and i'll pick up one of the new consoles down the line when there's a decent amount of games out for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He knows nothing more than Google. (and I'm sure he'll alert this to get it deleted like he did yesterday but he can't fool people forever).

I think he honestly believes he's a Rockstar employee.. :rolleyes:
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    I think he honestly believes he's a Rockstar employee.. :rolleyes:

I don't work for Rockstar, how many times do I have to tell you people this? I do have some connection though, and yes, I've already posted, we're just as shocked about the delay as you guys, we were only told hours before, I still have the original plans for the 31st about the Boxart Reveal and the Posters going up for sale at the Warehouse, both of these are currently "On Hold".

Hey, here's my post in fact:
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Told you guys not to listen to Michael Pachter.

We were only told about this a few hours ago, it is a piss take as the boxart, pre-order posters and RELEASE DATE was suppose to be announced today. We got one of those, but we were told everything was on track just early this month!

What happened to the Boxart Reveal and Posters? On Hold Until Further Notice.

I can't make an excuse for this, it's very dangerous, for a FIVE MONTH delay to creep up out of nowhere in the space of three weeks is very worrying, and to only tell us lot mere hours before going live, it's a daft move, especially as certain other studios are itching to show off Next Gen Projects in the coming months.

What did Sony do a DAY later? :p

Later on I then posted this:
    I guess I can let you guys know now since they pretty much just tore it up in front of us. The Original planned Release date was April 23rd ("Last Week of April 2013 is what the guys are aiming for if all goes to plan"), amazing how much can change in three weeks! A lot of us are worried as we relied on ad revenue from GTA news and articles, and with the new delay, we're possibly going to be hitting a month or two of a blackout again, the News Wire team has had to shift stuff around to fill a Four Month Void on their own website, with Max Payne 3 being finished off, there's no major project or news on the website in the next few months, most of us are just utterly confused.

So thanks for being concerned about me posting here, but I already did! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "we were only told hours before"

:D I believe you.
    Forum Member
    "we were only told hours before"

:D I believe you.

And what would have liked me to do? This was under an NDA, if I specifically came out and said there's a delay on here at 11am when the news wasn't announced til 3pm, someone MIGHT have found out and I'd get the boot, I enjoy this job too much to get sacked over a few idiots on the forum who are always quick to bash me, as I said in my message to you, it's good that I can let you guys know what I can, but some stuff is held back from us and some stuff is pretty safeguarded by Rockstar's NYC Lawyer team, they're not the type of people you want to go against.

So even though I've been right about a lot of things in regards to Rockstar, it is very annoying to see sarky comments from people such as yourself because I haven't revealed 100% of what I know.
  • TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    And now the pitchforks and flaming torches are out. Will you people get a grip? You're just looking for someone to blame.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash does no one any harm and even if the news is out there it's better to just nip on here and hear it from him than go trailing round the internet for tidbits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not saying he does anybody any harm either and it is useful to have one person provide all the details but I'm just saying that everything posted by Ash is readily available elsewhere, Google etc...

No need to get so upset, just pointing out a bare fact.
    Forum Member
    I'm not saying he does anybody any harm either and it is useful to have one person provide all the details but I'm just saying that everything posted by Ash is readily available elsewhere, Google etc...

No need to get so upset, just pointing out a bare fact.

Except for the stuff I've talked about here before release and hinted at, no, we can just brush those aside if it lets you get the chance to have a dig at me and make you look smug. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I've been visiting this site, which has been roughly 2-3 months if my memory serves me right, you have not posted any information (that I've noticed) that I could not have obtained from other sources. Like I said I might have missed the info you claim to be right about, so fair enough my bad on that count, I'm really not trying to have a dig at you. What I'm trying to point out is that the majority of the GTA info you share on here can be readily obtained from various other websites.

I'm also not saying that I wish you would stop sharing this info, because it is always concise and well worded and very handy to have for the people of this forum. Now can you please stop calling me "a prick" in private messages and move on?

:p
    Forum Member
    Now can you please stop calling me "a prick" in private messages and move on?

:p

I said the way you come across to me in the way you take the information when I give it but insult me when something changes is what makes you look like a prick to me, I only used the word once.

The fact that you've taken that, and posted it here and said "Stop calling me" which makes it look like I've been constantly saying it to you is just way off, I've been more than polite to you in regards to trying to find out what your problem is with me and why you're always so quick to insult me and degrade me at any chance you get.

You've been here 2 - 3 Months and yet you've not seen one thing I've said early or any stuff I've hinted at, what about just the other day when I said certain companies are itching to show off Next Gen stuff real soon in the coming months? Which was later followed by Sony announcing their Conference for Feb 20th? It seems more like you're choosing to ignore anything I do get right and let you guys know about early and instead homing in on the few things that are wrong or get changed.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick around Ash, your posts are good and, even if the news is available elsewhere (not saying it is or isn't) it's useful to have it here in the one place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that you've taken that, and posted it here and said "Stop calling me" which makes it look like I've been constantly saying it to you is just way off.

I also posted a stick out tongue smiley at the bottom of my post, lighten up Ash, your getting worked up over the silliest things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Stick around Ash, your posts are good and, even if the news is available elsewhere (not saying it is or isn't) it's useful to have it here in the one place.

I agree.
  • GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There maybe a serious fault with the game for them to delay it this long.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There maybe a serious fault with the game for them to delay it this long.

Not necessarily, they might just want to make sure everything is perfect before releasing the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily, they might just want to make sure everything is perfect before releasing the game.

And it takes eight months to do that? hmmmm...
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it takes eight months to do that? hmmmm...

I'm annoyed at the delay, but if the game is to the sheer size that they are saying I can easily see a need to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Combine the main narrative with the ability to jump between three distinct characters at any point, plus all the multiplayer stuff they want to get working great for launch.

I believe that they were a tad hasty in releasing the original trailer, then also releasing the 'Spring' release window.
    But I really doubt it is something fundementally wrong with the game and more a case of a final once over, and as it is a hugely ambitious game, that will take some time.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't they done this repeatedly before? I must be missing something that you lot can see because I'm not remotely surprised, we've been here plenty of times in the past.

I also find it amusing that EA are bastards for keeping to their release date and launching buggy games but Rockstar are bastards for missing their release dates...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some analysts believe it was pushed back to be released on the PS4 and new Xbox as well as the current gen.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/gta-5-delayed-to-september-could-come-to-ps4-analyst-says-50010333/
    So could this mean a launch on next generation consoles? One analyst thinks so. Doug Creutz, from Cowen & Company, told Trusted Reviews that the next PlayStation and Xbox are due around December time, and so Take-Two could "have plans to eventually publish GTA V on the next set of consoles in some form". Rockstar head honcho Dan Houser hasn't ruled it out, saying that "everything else is up for consideration". He also hinted the game could come to Apple devices, following the success of GTA: Vice City for iOS.

Which reaffirms my theory from earlier in the discussion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Haven't they done this repeatedly before? I must be missing something that you lot can see because I'm not remotely surprised, we've been here plenty of times in the past.

I also find it amusing that EA are bastards for keeping to their release date and launching buggy games but Rockstar are bastards for missing their release dates...

EA bring out the same game nearly every year, Rockstar have had plenty of time considering GTA4 came out in 2008. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Some analysts believe it was pushed back to be released on the PS4 and new Xbox as well as the current gen.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/gta-5-delayed-to-september-could-come-to-ps4-analyst-says-50010333/

If i've learned anything in all my years as a gamer, it's that anything that so called "analysts" come out with is best taken with a hefty pinch of salt. Most of the time they just seem to grab ideas out of thin air based on sweet FA. The fact that this guy thinks that GTA V will come out on iOS accentuates my lack of trust in analysts. I know iOS games have come a long way, but i really doubt that they'd be able to get GTA V on there just yet.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if they released a next gen port of some kind in a similar way to how certain games from the PS2/Xbox era also came out on the 360 in the early days of that console (i.e. Hitman: Blood Money) albeit with higher resolution textures and better lighting, etc...but i doubt that the new consoles will be out by the 17th of September. If the reason behind the delay was purely down to them rushing together a next gen port then i imagine they would have announced a date in November and released all of the versions at once when the next gen consoles are out (assuming of course that they're even out by then). I still doubt that's the reason for the delay though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed at the delay, but if the game is to the sheer size that they are saying I can easily see a need to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Combine the main narrative with the ability to jump between three distinct characters at any point, plus all the multiplayer stuff they want to get working great for launch.

I believe that they were a tad hasty in releasing the original trailer, then also releasing the 'Spring' release window.
    But I really doubt it is something fundementally wrong with the game and more a case of a final once over, and as it is a hugely ambitious game, that will take some time.

well i hope your right but im more pessamistic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »

The next gen consoles need to be backwards compatible then there wont be an issue.
This discussion has been closed.