Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2UZIGpYxDY

I love it on first listen.

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't usually rate Leona but this is a great track. Maybe her best since Bleeding Love!!

I will defo buy the album. :D
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wasn't for the idea of Leona doing a Christmas album, I was more eager for album #4... but i'm actually really feeling this haha!! I wasn't expecting it to be THAT good when I was waiting for the song to load. Best of all, it doesn't have to grow on you - really catchy
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg, its really, really, good.:D i know christmas music is cringe, :o but its insanely catchy.:eek:
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    omg, its really, really, good.:D i know christmas music is cringe, :o but its insanely catchy.:eek:

I know, even I am surprised and as you know I'm a huge Leona fan. :p
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Its actually very good :D:o :eek: Sounds like a 60's song for some reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I know, even I am surprised and as you know I'm a huge Leona fan. :p

yeah, i know.:p this is bound to be the single surely? i agree with the poster above about the retro sound, not dissimilar to mariah's christmas classic, but its good to have something new and equally as catchy.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, i know.:p this is bound to be the single surely? i agree with the poster above about the retro sound, not dissimilar to mariah's christmas classic, but its good to have something new and equally as catchy.

I'm glad that it's not too similar to Mariah's AIWFCIY,. I doubt it will go down as a Christmas classic but it should do well with the right promo. I'm sure she's guaranteed X Factor promo anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I'm glad that it's not too similar to Mariah's AIWFCIY,. I doubt it will go down as a Christmas classic but it should do well with the right promo. I'm sure she's guaranteed X Factor promo anyway.

yeah, i don't think its going to do as well as mariah's hit, but it should do well if promoted properly and it should sell her christmas album.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It's SO GOOD :D
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some people think it is because it has artwork in the video, but we'll see, it should do pretty well and sell the album, which is most important.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Some people think it is because it has artwork in the video, but we'll see, it should do pretty well and sell the album, which is most important.

yeah, the album sales should be boosted by this song. i am really surprised, i mean i like her music, as you know, but this song is much better than i expected.:eek:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Definitely sounds 60's Motown inspired, in the same way as Mariah's classic AIWFCIY :)
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise she was shitting out a christmas album.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It's ok but I expected something more R&B rather than motown.

Has the tracklist for her album come out yet?
  • vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6/10.

Kelly's song is much better.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

It's about time we had new Christmas songs. I'm sick of the same old crap being played every year :yawn:
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The comments on the DS article are overwhelmingly positive! I'm so happy for Leona even though I probably will be skipping this song when I get the album :D.

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a526132/leona-lewis-new-christmas-song-one-more-sleep-listen.html
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chorus reminds me of another song but can't quite put my finger on it..
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Fantastic song, they need to promote the hell out of it, and also get it out before the album is available, she needs a big chart smash to remind everyone she's still in the game
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I love it!

It's one of the best Christmas songs ever!
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This to be is actually Leona's best single since Bleeding Love! The reason I say this is like Bleeding Love, it is different to the tracks that are out at Xmas! Bleeding Love was so different to what was on radio and what female singers were doing. This feels and sounds like a Leona Track through and through. It would actually make a brilliant Xmas #1 track
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this does so well for her, and the album as well. Does anybody know if Michael Buble is planning on ruining Christmas with another shite album, or will the run up to Christmas be better (musically) this year? ;)
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely adore it! Could well be my favourite song this year! :)
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely irresistible, although I'm a real sucker for Christmas music :D It has such a retro feel to it though, it already sounds like it can be played alongside the classics, oh I do hope Leona does well with this!