Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I think I have cracked it now. The problems are the HD files, they are the only one to have a buffer problem.

Many thanks for your help
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I have cracked it now. The problems are the HD files, they are the only one to have a buffer problem.
    Ahh ok it could be down to hardware and wifi limitations

Many thanks for your help

Your welcome.
    Forum Member
    Sorry to be a pain, but may I ask one more question on this subject?

I have tried to transfer a short clip to the HDR using FTP Filezilla.

I transferred one .m2ts file plus its accompanying HTM and NTS files. The files appeared to transfer ok and show in the directory "video" on the HDR when viewed from Filezilla. However, the clip does not show up on the media list on the HDR.

Should I be able to do this, if so, am I doing it incorrectly.

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you need is Ray-dons latest version of AV2HDR v1.5

the problem with the old version is that the .HMT file contains the location of the three files and this only allows transfering between the humax hard drive and a connected usb devise without the file path becoming corrupt. The new version automatically creates the new file location within the .HMT file which then enables the Humax to see and play the newly uploaded video

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1411342-av2hdr-v1-5-ftp-transfer.html

a great bit of software..
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be a pain, but may I ask one more question on this subject?

I have tried to transfer a short clip to the HDR using FTP Filezilla.

I transferred one .m2ts file plus its accompanying HTM and NTS files. The files appeared to transfer ok and show in the directory "video" on the HDR when viewed from Filezilla. However, the clip does not show up on the media list on the HDR.

Should I be able to do this, if so, am I doing it incorrectly.

Thanks

They must go in the corrrect folder on the hdr as specified in the hmt file. Encoding and transferring with AV2HDR is the way to go.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the sound advice, but there is still a problem:

I downloaded the AV2HD 1.5. I selected the clip for transfer and imported it. AV2HD said the HDR output folder was Media/sda. It all seemed to work well and the program announced that the project was complete.

The clip doesn't show in "media" on the HDR, but when I checked in the "My networks places > video on Foxsat HDR network services". The file is present.

I must still be doing something wrong, but what?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I must still be doing something wrong, but what?
    Not reading the AV2HDR help file ? :rolleyes:
    AV2HDR said the HDR output folder was Media/sda. It all seemed to work well and the program announced that the project was complete.
    /media/sda1 is the USB drive. You must browse for the HDR's destination folder via the HDD button. ;)
    Forum Member
    It's working fine now.

Thanks for the lesson ray-don, on that great software program.

Thanks too, to GaseousClay, Repassac and Swedish cook. I couldn't have done it without you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Well this just won't work for me - I have spent all morning using 5 different USB sticks to copy the upgrade file on to the Foxsat but it just won't do it. Any suggestions please
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeltaX wrote: »
    Any suggestions please

Have you un-RARed the original file before putting it on the usb stick?

Have any of the sticks you've used, previously updated official humax firmware? Some usb chipsets aren't compatable with the HDR.
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your reply. If you mean have I opened the rar file yes - I have copied the file FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf to the USB sticks as in the instructions. I have used some of these before to move files to and from the Foxsat so it has read them in the past, so why not now? It is so frustrating when you can't even get past go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have used some of these before to move files to and from the Foxsat so it has read them in the past, so why not now? It is so frustrating when you can't even get past go!

Unfortunately although the foxsat will transfer recordings quite happily to any old usb, there appears to be a limitation as to the foxsat reading the upgrade files from some usb devices. I guess you will have to try another stick, maybe a card in a card reader or possibly a portable hdd.
    Time maybe to beg, steal or borrow a device that will work

The upgrade is well worth any aggro your going through..;)

Good luck :)
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much for your help - I am at the end of the road because I have used a card in a card reader and a small HDD + 3 USB sticks!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got about 5 small capacity USB sticks (all < 1 Gb) that have been given to me as freebies by various companies, these seem to work without fail - occurs to be that people having problems should go buy/try the cheapest USB stick that they can get their hands on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much for your help - I am at the end of the road because I have used a card in a card reader and a small HDD + 3 USB sticks!!

I am sorry if I state the obvious but you did put it in the root of the USB Stick? I also believe that the stick has to be formatted as FAT32. (This is standard formatting when you buy the stick.)

can you ping the box over the network?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately although the foxsat will transfer recordings quite happily to any old usb, there appears to be a limitation as to the foxsat reading the upgrade files from some usb devices. I guess you will have to try another stick, maybe a card in a card reader or possibly a portable hdd.
    Time maybe to beg, steal or borrow a device that will work

The upgrade is well worth any aggro your going through..;)

Good luck :)

The difference is there must be more flexability built into the Foxsat unix shell from that in the small Bootloader. The Bootloader will only look in the front USB socket root folder for the exact filename (case dependant).
    To add to previous posts points - No USB sticks with security features, Follow the instructions exactly.
    Forum Member
    thegeby wrote: »
    I am sorry if I state the obvious but you did put it in the root of the USB Stick? I also believe that the stick has to be formatted as FAT32. (This is standard formatting when you buy the stick.)

can you ping the box over the network?

Yes put in root and it is formatted as FAT32 and I can ping the box over the network. I just can't get the box to read the upgrade file on the USB. So frustrating
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Yes put in root and it is formatted as FAT32 and I can ping the box over the network. I just can't get the box to read the upgrade file on the USB. So frustrating

I don't want this to sound patronising, but are you pressing the standby button on the main machine to get the Humax to upgrade?
    I spent 20 minutes and went through 3 USB sticks before I realised that the instructions didn't mean the standby button on the remote! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a thought - I wonder if it's due to the allocation size - you could try reformatting the smallest stick you have to FAT32 with an allocation size of 2048 and if that does not work 4096.

I seem to remember Humax saying try a small stick:
    "We recommend using memory sticks of under 1Gb in size"

This may be because the default allocation size varies with stick capacity see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140365
    Forum Member
    LesU wrote: »
    I don't want this to sound patronising, but are you pressing the standby button on the main machine to get the Humax to upgrade?
    I spent 20 minutes and went through 3 USB sticks before I realised that the instructions didn't mean the standby button on the remote! :o

That has sorted it. Thank you. I didn't even know there was a standby button on the machine. Not only have I wasted hours of my own time but the time of good people on this forum - so my apologies and thanks to all of you who have made suggestions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Everything installed and working fine for me, except that everything I watch via XMBC has the subtitles showing. Is there an easy way to run them off?
    Awesome development, by the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only have I wasted hours of my own time but the time of good people on this forum - so my apologies and thanks to all of you who have made suggestions.

You've not wasted anyones time here. You had a problem you asked for help and the people who have responded are only too pleased to help out, otherwise we wouldn't do it. ;)

Good luck with the rest of it, you know where to come for any further help or suggestions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ndrac04 wrote: »
    Everything installed and working fine for me, except that everything I watch via XMBC has the subtitles showing. Is there an easy way to run them off?
    Awesome development, by the way.

yep move you cursor to the top of the screen and a dropdown appears the second button from the right adjusts the subtitle settings click the 'enable subtitle' button to disable and then the bottom option 'set as default'
    Forum Member
    On XMBC I have continuous "audio description". I looked at the subtitles page, but cant find a way of turning it off. Can it done?

Thanks for your help
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On XMBC I have continuous "audio description". I looked at the subtitles page, but cant find a way of turning it off. Can it done?

Thanks for your help

within that menu there is an option for 'audio stream' this may need changing as the multiple streams often have the audio description embedded. Stream 1 is normally the default without 'AD'

again set the required stream and then save as the default using the last option at bottom of screen.