Humax HDR1000 with one feed

dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a portable satellite for my touring caravan ,can I use a single LNB and not lose any facilities ,would I be better to use a dual LNB and run another cable through the van.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    I have a portable satellite for my touring caravan ,can I use a single LNB and not lose any facilities ,would I be better to use a dual LNB and run another cable through the van.
    Thanks in advance

u can use 1 feed but u would lose the ability to record 1 channel whilst watching another, AFAIK thats pretty much all u would lose....
  • dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks,its only for abroad so we dont have to settle down too early to catch up on the soaps,sad I know.Post this on a caravan forum and all you get is abuse for daring to take a TV with you on holiday ,rant over lol
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks,its only for abroad so we dont have to settle down too early to catch up on the soaps,sad I know.Post this on a caravan forum and all you get is abuse for daring to take a TV with you on holiday ,rant over lol

The hdr-1000s has an internal link that feeds both tuners from a single lnb. As a result you can record two and also watch some 3rd channels while recording two. You will have to do a factory reset to switch the box to single cable working.

It works the same as a Foxsat-hdr using a loop cable.

see

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables
    Forum Member
    The hdr-1000s has an internal link that feeds both tuners from a single lnb. As a result you can record two and also watch some 3rd channels while recording two. You will have to do a factory reset to switch the box to single cable working.

It works the same as a Foxsat-hdr using a loop cable.

see

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

aha thats what i meant to say, doh fingers on wrong buttons lol, i meant 2 channels whilst watchin another
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    aha thats what i meant to say, doh fingers on wrong buttons lol, i meant 2 channels whilst watchin another

You can record two and watch a 3rd live channel depending on which channels are being recorded. For instance you only need 1 tuner to record both BBC-HD channels leaving tuner 2 to watch and (time shift) and other channel in same band (low frequency) and vertical polarisation. If you have ITV1 HD Granada then this would be included. Under the right conditions you can even record the 3rd from the time shift buffer after one of the two recordings finishes.
    Forum Member
    You can record two and watch a 3rd live channel depending on which channels are being recorded. For instance you only need 1 tuner to record both BBC-HD channels leaving tuner 2 to watch and (time shift) and other channel in same band (low frequency) and vertical polarisation. If you have ITV1 HD Granada then this would be included. Under the right conditions you can even record the 3rd from the time shift buffer after one of the two recordings finishes.

yeah is quite amazing what these boxes are capable of, shame they canna totally record 3 channels as well as they do 2 that way wouldnt have the need t record some on my dvd recorder or technisat freesat lol....altho its not often i need to record more than 2 channels so i can live with it :d