Favourite Quentin Tarantino films in order

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't enjoyed a single one of his films - they are cliched nonsense.
  • MotherTeresaMotherTeresa Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reservoir Dogs
    Inglourious Basterds
    From Dusk Til Dawn
    Pulp Fiction
    Jackie Brown
    Death Proof
    True Romance
    Kill Bill
    Django Unchained
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dezire wrote: »

So there was no real reason for you to post in this thread. Sometimes, I see threads about Harry Potter and the Hobbit. As I don't like any of those films, I simply don't get involved in the threads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - Pulp Fiction
    - Reservoir Dogs
    - Inglorious Basterds
    - Natural Born Killers, Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2

Haven't seen but planning to: Django Unchained

Haven't seen and not bothered if I do or don't: Jackie Brown and Death Proof
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dezire wrote: »

I can accept you may find them 'nonsense', but in what way are they cliched? Tarantino rips off plenty of films, sure, but he doesn't tend to lazily re-hash generic ideas through lack of imagination.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,465
    Forum Member
    PR0J3CT wrote: »
    ETA: I think Reservoir Dogs is a fine debut but is much too spare to really contend with the others.

Like another poster indicated, I think that's actually a good thing in a way. I feel that Tarantino is a bit undisciplined when it comes to editing his films (particularly in his latter films), so the fact that Reservoir Dogs appears sparse means to me that he kept the film tight and didn't let it meander about and get distracted like many of his other films tend to do. For what is a small story, Reservoir Dogs is efficient in telling it, and that increases its impact. Anyway, I have the film's poster up on a wall, so maybe that's got something to do with it. ;)
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    Reservoir Dogs is his best film by a mile

I think PUlp Fiction is a more complete film in terms of production and narrative, although the acting in both is very good.
  • RBRB Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    1. Pulp Fiction
    2. True Romance
    3. Kill Bill 1 & 2
    4. Ingloriuous Basterds
    5. From Dusk Till Dawn
    6. Jackie Brown
    7. Reservoir Dogs
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,641
    Forum Member
    Gort wrote: »
    Like another poster indicated, I think that's actually a good thing in a way. I feel that Tarantino is a bit undisciplined when it comes to editing his films (particularly in his latter films), so the fact that Reservoir Dogs appears sparse means to me that he kept the film tight and didn't let it meander about and get distracted like many of his other films tend to do. For what is a small story, Reservoir Dogs is oefficient in telling it, and that increases its impact. Anyway, I have the film's poster up on a wall, so maybe that's got something to do with it. ;)

^^ this. QT leans towards self indulgence in his latter films, RD is his purest film - a simple story brilliantly told. IMO it couldn't be improved in any way, it's his only film I can say that about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    1. Reservoir Dogs
    2. Jackie Brown
    3. Inglourious Basterds
    4. Kill Bill Vol 1
    5. Pulp Fiction
    6. True Romance
    7. Kill Bill Vol 2
    8. From Dusk Till Dawn
    9. Death Proof

10. Django Unchained - Unbelievably disappointing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather he be more ambitious and perhaps not hit every note in everyone's opinion - as he has arguably gotten with each film for the most part - than stay small and safe and not take any risks.

I've just seen Django a third time and it was even better. I can't sing that film's praises enough. I can't stand the idea that it's too long; if anything, it could be longer. How do you show what Django has learned from Dr. King without the last part of that film? How does Samuel L. Jackson shine even brighter (or glower even darker) without that climactic scene? I could go on, but I don't think a frame is wasted in Django.
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Kill Bill
    3. Reservoir Dogs
    4. Inglourious Basterds
    5. Django Unchained
    6. Jackie Brown
    7. Death Proof
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    RD is his purest film - a simple story brilliantly told.
    True, in a way. But it is also his most openly influenced (some might say derivative) film. Make of this what you will.

As a director, early QT was never quite my cup of tea, but there was obviously talent at work.

Jackie Brown
    Inglorious Basterds
    Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    Death Proof
    Kill Bill 1

Haven't seen Django yet, or KB 2 (one was enough...)
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen Django yet. None of my friends are particularly into QT, so it may have to wait until PPV.

Inglorious Basterds (love it, opening scene is incredible)
    Pulp Fiction (seems so effortlessly smart now)
    Kill Bill Vol 2 (much more traditional QT than Vol 1)
    Reservoir Dogs
    Kill Bill Vol 1
    Jackie Brown (Have only seen this once and remember very little of it)
    >
    >
    >
    Death Proof (horrendous. Is it supposed to be? Probably, but that's no excuse)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    Kill Bill part 1
    Pulp Fiction
    Inglourious Basterds
    Djanjo Unchained
    Reservoir Dogs
    Jackie Brown
    Death Proof
    Kill Bill part 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lathamite wrote: »
    Haven't seen Django yet. None of my friends are particularly into QT, so it may have to wait until PPV.

Go to the flicks on your own :)
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay loved Pulp Fiction. Liked Reservoir Dogs. Loathed Inglorius B. The same with Django. Its such a mish mash....
    Slavery with a comedy element as well as a musical and great scenery.. I think the guy is smoking too much.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one mentioned Sukyaki Western Django?
    Edit: Nvm He only had a role in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Okay loved Pulp Fiction. Liked Reservoir Dogs. Loathed Inglorius B. The same with Django. Its such a mish mash....
    Slavery with a comedy element as well as a musical and great scenery.. I think the guy is smoking too much.

Tell that to the Academy.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Tell that to the Academy.

Well you did ask for peeps opinion. This is mine. Sorry to disappoint. Also when it comes to the Academy sometimes it is a matter of who is popular and who isn't....The man of the moment so to speak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roger_50 wrote: »
    I'd say True Romance and Dusk Till Dawn are Tony Scott and Robert Rodriguez films respectively. Generally the director 'owns' the film in the sense of '### films'.

It's a matter of opinion and semantics.

Would you not call Die Hard a Bruce Willis film?

Are Ace Ventura, Liar Liar etc not referred to as Jim Carey films?

If the topic had specifically stated "Tarrantino directed films" then fine, otherwise it's up for debate.