Dance-Pop song from 1996

HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Wasn't a very big hit, went top 20 (I think) and the video was black and white and featured couples kissing. Does anyone remember the name of this song, heard it a few years ago, loved it and want to listen to it again!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any clue at all to a word or what it sounds like? Instrumental/Male/Female vocals? UK/US/Euro?

I'll give it a go by scanning the charts for the year but more help would be good...
  • dammitbatman!!dammitbatman!! Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Shot in the dark but..

Lightning seeds - you showed me

or

White town - your woman

both in black and white (as far as I can remember)
  • HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    Any clue at all to a word or what it sounds like? Instrumental/Male/Female vocals? UK/US/Euro?

I'll give it a go by scanning the charts for the year but more help would be good...

It was UK, I think, or European at the very least. I remember seeing it on a forum a few years ago and someone said it was representative of a style of pop music that was on the verge of, but never quite broke through the mainstream around 1996/1997. The sound was very dancey and silky sounding, rich and lush and ahead of its time, it was quite a fast song that features piano (I think) and the vocals were female (actually not quite sure on this one funnily enough, but I think they were). The video just featured different couples kissing from beginning to end. I'm not even sure the song went top 20 to be honest.

Shot in the dark but..

or

White town - your woman

Neither I'm afraid, but thanks for that Lightning Seeds song, I never heard it before and I like it :)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shot in the dark but..

or

White town - your woman

Nothing to do with the thread but a friend of mine directed that video :)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you remember any lyrics?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Do you remember any lyrics?

No, sorry :(
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I was going to suggest Let Me Be Your Fantasy by Baby D? It is however from 1994 so possibly too early?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, this isn't it either but thanks for looking :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to suggest Let Me Be Your Fantasy by Baby D? It is however from 1994 so possibly too early?

This isn't it either, but thanks, I just listened to that song I like it :)
  • Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    HelloRain wrote: »
    This isn't it either, but thanks, I just listened to that song I like it :)

Yeah I forgot how much I liked it too lol...oh well I will keep my thinking cap on!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I forgot how much I liked it too lol...oh well I will keep my thinking cap on!

Thanks, one of the good things about this thread is that I keep getting linked to good 90s songs that I either haven't heard before or have forgotten about :cool:
  • CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you posted this thread at the time I had a feeling I knew exactly which song you were talking about but couldn't for the life of me remember the name of it. Anyway I stumbled across it again on YouTube today and I'm almost certain this is the song you meant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi3BUIB8hk0

Future Of The Future (Stay Gold) by Deep Dish. Seems to fit your description and was originally released in 1996 (the vocal version was 1998).

I know this is like five months later but for some reason when I saw that vid again this thread sprang into my mind. I know how frustrating it is when you want to know what a song is.

Dunno if you'll even see this now but it's put my mind at rest at least!