Jennifer Hudson - Album 3 - Who is excited for her return!

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think it will have a much more commercial feeling and she seems to be taking her time with it. Im looking forward 2 it. Whta direction and style/writers would u like her 2 work with

Comments

• Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was never able to get into her first two albums as I felt the material was generally quite bland and tuneless ( I liked spotlight and pocketbook though). I don't really mind about what musical direction she takes just as long as the songs have good melodies and the lyrics let her show a bit of attitude.

That 'think like a man' track with ne-yo seems like a pretty good start though.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would actually like her to focus more on her film career than her singing career. She is a great actress and hasn't continued to show it since Dreamgirls. She would be my number 1 choice to do the Whitney biopic.
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is it getting released?
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked a few songs on her first album but that's all really. Her second one was practically a gospel record so I hope she isn't going in that direction again.

She needs better material.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Spotlight and If This Isn't Love so reckon I shall like some of her new material. I listened to Spotlight on Monday in fact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I really love and admire her voice. She just has to escape the "great voice / bad songs" trap that she's fallen in with both her albums so far. She needs to find songs that showcase her voice. I would be really excited if she did an old school soul/ blues inspired album.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I really like the song she did with leona lewis too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I dont think theres a market for her type of vocals right now - I think her best option would be to stop over singing and record some funky/70's but contemporary rnb/disco tracks with a bit more vocal restraint and also to stop butchering Whitney songs.