Britney Spears - Work Bitch (1st Single)

DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/36/618x618/music-britney-spears-work-bitch.jpg

Who else is super excited? I think it'll be a ravey EDM track with big vocals. Especially if Sia wrote it.

With Britney working with a vocal coach whilst doing dance practice, makes me thing she's going to really step it up with her performances. Still probably have a loud backing track, but like Gaga where she sings over it for verses.

Comments

• umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All signs point towards Britney getting back to her best for the new album era. I hope the lead song is a real standout track... both fresh and a monster..... I'm thinkin' along the lines of maybe Toxic, Gimme More or even Till The World Ends.

I guess we've only got a few days to wait until the song is officially premiered!
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me!!! excited beyond belief!!!!!!!! love the title lol, I take it we can expect the album round about late October/early November then??
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it samples RuPaul's "Supermodel" - can't wait for that! Sashay chantay! :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Words cannot express how excited I am :D:D
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so excited, Britney has returned to save music once again.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep singing Ciara and Missy Elliot's "Work" song in my head! I love that song so if it has similar vibes then great!

If it's a big bittersweet dance song, which is Sia's trademark, then that's even better! :)
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me!!! excited beyond belief!!!!!!!! love the title lol, I take it we can expect the album round about late October/early November then??

December 3rd is the main rumour for the album release! I hope it is! Circus did well for her when released December 2nd!

I'm terrified it'll do a Blackout and underperform in the US! This Autumn/Winter is verrrrrry competitive for releases in the States! Katy, Gaga, 1D, Miley, Eminem! I've hope that this single/album will be properly promoted and not fly under the radar for the general public!
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Work Bitch? Really? Obviously Britney (or her management more like) have realised that her career at the very top is over and now she's just going to attempt to appeal to her gay following.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    She looks amazing. I want a flawless song and video like Womanizer.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its weird because for the first time in forever it feels like something really interesting is about to happen with Britney. I just hope she promotes this time that way she might actually start having hits again.
    FMKK wrote: »
    Work Bitch? Really? Obviously Britney (or her management more like) have realised that her career at the very top is over and now she's just going to attempt to appeal to her gay following.

You say that like its a bad thing. Obviously Britney has zero chance of having 14 year olds relate to her the way they do Katy Perry or Rihanna so it would be pointless to try and appeal to that market now. They attempted it with her last album and it didn't work. Appealing to the gay market at this point is genius on her behalf as like Kylie is the place for pop veterans to be.
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere that she said in an interview that she has nothing left to prove now and she wants to continue making music for her fans. And not all her fans are gay! Some might be but that doesn't mean gays are her only fans.
  • marc_ukmarc_uk Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    As much as I would like to think this era will be Britneys return to form, we've been here before, sounds & looks promising all to be let down. Although i hope am wrong.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw from a pretty reliable source on twitter what the song is about:

"You can hear RuPaul's voice on the song telling Britney to 'work' and dance harder just like criticism has done through the years"

"Lyrics are about all the critics, like 'Britney can't dance anymore' 'old Britney is dead' ' she can't sing' 'she is not happy'"

Dunno if it's true but if it is then that sounds pretty darn amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

"You can hear RuPaul's voice on the song telling Britney to 'work' and dance harder just like criticism has done through the years"

"Lyrics are about all the critics, like 'Britney can't dance anymore' 'old Britney is dead' ' she can't sing' 'she is not happy'"

Ooo I really can't wait that sounds amazing!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG this sounds like it could the most camptastic song in years:D
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks gorgeous in the pic from the video set!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haven't we been here before though MATM about keeping up with the music getting in the zone and well working it. and critic bashing Piece Of Me. Not that i'm complainign i love the idea and it does have huge relevance but old ground perhaps.

The only way any of this can work is if she is wholly invested again. FF was a flop of a fnatastic album let down a by a lazy attitude and unwillingness to fully commit. I'm hoping for the best but first Circus failing to ignite then FF i'm keeping my excitment low for now in terms of full on Kylie like comeback.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its weird because for the first time in forever it feels like something really interesting is about to happen with Britney. I just hope she promotes this time that way she might actually start having hits again.

You say that like its a bad thing. Obviously Britney has zero chance of having 14 year olds relate to her the way they do Katy Perry or Rihanna so it would be pointless to try and appeal to that market now. They attempted it with her last album and it didn't work. Appealing to the gay market at this point is genius on her behalf as like Kylie is the place for pop veterans to be.

No, it's just that it's very niche. Some people seem to have higher expectations with regards to her ability to compete, mentioning Gaga, Katy, Miley etc. having upcoming releases but she's hardly going to with this sort of thing. In terms of my own opinion, I don't mind a bit of campness but this sounds almost sickly camp.
    Forum Member

That sounds great if it's true :D Sounds like our Britney's back on track! I hope she promotes the hell out of this new single and album.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I imagine the song will get quite crazy then at the end, and in the video, with Britney like trying to out-do or keep up with herself dancing.

Like Beyonce's Pepsi ad but on crack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus she has co wrote it... take that haters lol
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song is said to be mid-tempo with will.i.am producing it. I'm hoping for something like Gimme More then, as I consider it mid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope this is true, sounds fantastic
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that the title doesn't feature too heavily in the lyrics otherwise we can expect a lot of blanks on the radio!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Haven't we been here before though MATM about keeping up with the music getting in the zone and well working it. and critic bashing Piece Of Me. Not that i'm complainign i love the idea and it does have huge relevance but old ground perhaps.

The only way any of this can work is if she is wholly invested again. FF was a flop of a fnatastic album let down a by a lazy attitude and unwillingness to fully commit. I'm hoping for the best but first Circus failing to ignite then FF i'm keeping my excitment low for now in terms of full on Kylie like comeback.

what i have heard before is the hype surrounding her up and coming releases, like when brian friedman insisted britney was talking risks with her fashion, choreography, music and then, "femme fatale" arrived.:o all these rumours and gushing praise from people involved in the project sound good on paper, if not a little camp in places.:o

however, this time she really needs to deliver. i appreciate her fans will always be there for her, but she has squandered a lot of casual support over the years when people have hoped for a return to form and she has under delivered or not put in the required effort.

personally, i want her to do well and i know things haven't been easy for her over the years, but this time she really does need to up her game.