[Game] The Mix Factor 3: Live Show #12 - The Grand Final

EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
Forum Member
✭✭
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the spectacle that is the GRAND FINAL of the third series of The Mix Factor!

This is it everyone, eleven live shows worth of song choices and unfortunate eliminations have led us to this point. We started out with a total of 20 contestants, and now there are only three left. Before we get to today's schedule, let's recap the eliminations that took place over the course of this series:
20th - Rylan Clark
19th - J.E.M
18th - MK1
17th - Beatrice Miller
16th - Loukas Giorkas
15th - Adil Memon
14th - Nathaniel Willemse
13th - Phuong & Rasmus
12th - Morten Benjamin
11th - Sumera Espinel
10th - Vino Alan
9th - Jade Ellis
8th - Jesper
7th - Mrs. Greenbird
6th - Angel Tupai
5th - Daniel Vengsgaard
4th - Audio Vixen
Now, there are only three contestants still in the race for the crown. Let's take a look at this show's schedule for a bit, shall we? The top three have prepared four songs each: a Celebrity Duet, their Public's and Mentor's Favorite and their Winner's Single. However, only two of the will sing all four as there will be an opportunity to vote after each act has performed twice. Then, I will announce the act that finished in 3rd place and we'll move on. After the top 2 have sung their final songs, the lines will open again and the public will be able to vote once more to make sure their favorite will win tonight. After the winner has been announced, I will reveal the voting statistics of the entire series, plus a few extras! Anyway, let's welcome tonight's cast to the stage. I do have a surprise for you though: the judges will be joined by a very special guest judge tonight!

Speaking of judges, please welcome the four regular judges of The Mix Factor, their acts and our special guest judge!
The final intro tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q6skxRLnsI

bboy1988 and the last of the girls
Danielle Penning

unclekevo who has no groups remaining

jackel1234 and the over 25s
Chiara Galiazzo
Samantha Jade

Soppyfan who has no wildcards remaining

And our guest judge aprilj

It's the final everyone
, so this is the last show of the series. Let's make it a spectacular one, shall we?

Judges, please confirm your presence. Once the majority of you are here, I'll reveal the second surprise of the evening! :D

Comments

• jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Here and ooooooh Special Guest judge!
    and a second suprise as well! SWEET! :D

Also best of luck tonight Stephen again :)
  • apriljaprilj Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I'm here but may be a bit slow as I am on my phone for a bit. April is great to have you back for the final tonight and please don't be too mean to Danielle lol :p

Jack best of luck tonight
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here and very excited for tonight's Final, this should be off the charts! :D

May the best act win tonight...oh and welcome April!
    Forum Member
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    I'm here but may be a bit slow as I am on my phone for a bit. April is great to have you back for the final tonight and please don't be too mean to Danielle lol :p

Don't worry, I'm being a bit more 'tame' than usual!
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, Kev won't be here tonight. However, I do have his comments and votes, so he'll be with us tonight in that sense.

For the second surprise, how does a group performance sound? They're kicking off the Grand Final of The Mix Factor, please welcome the The Mix Factor Top 20 singing 'Higher' by The Saturdays
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDzhNKg5ZA
    Beatrice Miller: I'm doing nothing,
    'Cause then at least I'm doing nothing wrong.
    Jade Ellis: And I'm gonna stay in on my own,
    And turn off my telephone;
    If nothing's gained then nothing's won.

Nathaniel Willemse: And you can tell them,
    Yeah you can say whatever I don't care (yeah-yeah).
    Loukas Giorkas: And if you wanna play it cool then I got news for you,
    It's getting hotter, hotter in here.

Phuong & Rasmus: So when I speak listen--
    This is my decision,
    And you keep on messing up the words. (Oh-oh-oh)
    Sumera Espinel: So when I speak listen--
    'Cause you keep on pushing,
    Like I need permission to be heard. (Oh-oh-oh)
    Rylan Clark: I'm gonna lift to lift it higher (higher),
    I'm gonna lift to lift it higher (higher).
    Daniel Vengsgaard: So when I speak listen this is my decision,
    And you keep on messing up the words.

Vino Alan: I'm getting closer (closer, closer).
    I'm moving into there, and I think you know.
    Mrs. Greenbird: 'Cause I am sick of playing games ,
    And I'm not gon' say no names.
    But you and I know who to blame.

Angel Tupai: So you can tell them,
    Yeah you can go ahead and put it straight.
    Danielle Penning: 'Cause I am finishing myself and I do not need your help,
    I'm gonna do this do it right.

Morten Benjamin
    : So when I speak listen this is my decision,
    Samantha Jade: So when I speak listen 'cause you keep on pushing,
    Audio Vixen: I'm gonna lift to lift it higher (higher),
    I'm gonna lift to lift it higher (higher).: So when I speak listen this is my decision,

MK1: Yeah-yeah-yeah.
    She said I'm messing up the words,
    But this ain't what I heard.
    I get it first hand, tryna push me to the curb.
    Just what I deserve; I get on her nerves.
    Damn she got curves, all of it is hers.
    I talk, she talk; but then it's my fault.
    Runaway, she be trippin' I did nothing at all.
    J.E.M: Put me on a mission, gotta listen to the broad.
    She said, "I got a feeling, like she speaking to the wall."
    No understanding, shawty demanding,
    Ya'll it's been a wrap--got my head like a bandage.
    Girl follow ya man, I'll be taking advantage.
    Said ya sick of my rappin', then I hear:

(So when I speak ...)
    All: So when I speak listen this is my decision, (Yeah-ei-yeah)
    (Keep on messing up the words)
    Adil Memon: So when I speak listen 'cause you keep on pushing,
    (Need permission to be heard ...)
    Jesper: I'm gonna lift to lift it higher (higher),
    I'm gonna lift to lift it higher (higher). (Higher...)
    Chiara Galiazzo: So when I speak listen this is my decision, (Ohh)
    Forum Member
    One of my favourite songs ever! Unfortunately this group performance doesn't have a patch on the original! :p
    Forum Member
    awww I love these little group performances :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Woohoo! Outstanding job, you lot!
    Forum Member
    Well done everyone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right, that performance sure got the audience pumped!

Now, let's head over to Jack's category for the first Celebrity Duet of the night. Singing 'Who We Are Tonight' with the amazing Radio INK, it's the equally amazing Samantha Jade!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1RLn8x_KJE&list=PLC6A6E366D32F327D&index=80
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samantha Jade

*standing ovation*

This was the perfect song choice for you to sing Samantha, it suits your quirky blues-pop voice brilliantly and I have to say that I was rather impressed by how well you two gelled in the duet, it was the ultimate collaboration, two amazing vocalists sharing a stage, I have to say, this was so much better than I was expecting it to be, it was a real triumph for your mentor, what a start to the final!
    Forum Member
    Samantha

*Standing Ovation*

Samantha as this competition has progressed I can certainly admit that I have slowly became fan and could see why everyone seems to love you. Your vocals are quite unique and up to this point in the competition you haven’t given anything but a great performance. I think your mentor has done a great job with you and this was a good duet. I honestly wish you all the best for the final and at this moment I would say you are probably the frontrunner.
    Forum Member
    Samantha Jade

*standing ovation*

Well done on getting to the final! I have to say, as a viewer, I always thought you were one of the most interesting contestants and, as a guest judge, I feel you are one of the most consistent too. Week after week you've come back and pretty much smashed the competition. I have one slight negative (if it even is) and that is that perhaps that was very risky for the final, but then how can you win without risks? It's all or nothing and you certainly delivered ALL!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Samantha, WOW! What a way to start the Final. Congratulations for making the Final, because you deserve to be here! This was an amazing duet and this is what you do best, no doubt about it. It was alive, energetic and full of enjoyment which is how consistent you have been throughout the Series. A brilliant start to the show, well done girl, roll on your next performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samantha Jade

*standing ovation*

Samantha, this is how we start off a Grand Final, alive and kicking! Sammi you and Radio INK are amazing together and both have amazing performing skills and voices that are just incredible. What makes this even better for me is the fact that I have been waiting to give you this song for ages and I am so happy that I can use it right now in the Grand Final and show everybody right now why you’re here and how you can handle yourself even when you’re up there with a star such as the band Radio INK! You started out as my wildcard act and I am so glad you were given to me because I have loved finding songs for you and working with you as a whole my girl! I hope you make it to the final two my girl! Bravo Miss Samantha Jade!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIVE standing ovations for Samantha Jade, what a way to kick off the first round of performances!

Up next, it's Stephen's final girl. She's defied the odds by making it this far despite the mediocre comments she received every week. Could she win this?

Either way, she'll have had the opportunity to sing 'Trust And Believe' with Keyshia Cole no matter what happens. Give it up for Danielle Penning!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlBPUZMZoew
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle Penning

This was a good performance Danielle! I like Keyshia and it was nice to see the two of you sharing a stage, I really liked the performance, the song was a good pick. However, I would have preferred to have seen something slightly more bluesy, this was more R & B than blues/jazz and I wasn't 100% convinced by you singing it Danielle, it felt like you were trying to hold up against Keyshia and not quite managing to do so, sorry Danielle, not amazing!
    Forum Member
    Danielle

*Standing Ovation*

Danielle can I be the first to say that I am surprised that we are still standing. You were my wildcard choice at the beginning of the competition and I can honestly admit the first few shows I struggled with you, but I felt that when we connected we finally got some great performance. Looking back at the comments from the other judges it is a surprise to see you here. But Danielle I thought that duet with Keyshia was special, and I honestly hope that the public continue to support you. Team Danielle all the way to the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Danielle, I'm so, so happy that you've made the Final because and I may be in the minority but you deserve it. Now this was a stunning duet right there. Your voice always enchants me when you sing but when Keyshia came on stage, I was taken away to another place. This was simply stunning and one of your all time best, amazing job, Danielle.
    Forum Member
    Danielle Penning

*standing ovation*

Aw, Danielle. You are one of the most sweetest people to ever grace this stage in the three series! You really brought some fight with you tonight, Keyshia really helped you to bring out your inner diva and I have to say, that was an fantastic performance. You deserve to be here in the final, personally I've always liked you and I've been a little surprised at some of the criticism you've received. I think you should keep doing what your doing because you've obviously got a fanbase who love you and that's what matters!
    Forum Member
    Danielle Penning

Hmm Danielle I am going to be honest and say that I believe that in this song Keyshia outshone you. I mean this felt too soulful for you and you didn’t really have that edge you have in your voice again or that bluesyness you have it was just too soulful for you overall and to me didn’t feel like a song we would expect to see in a final from you. Not amazing but decent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ovarall, pretty good comments for Danielle! Finally, after so many weeks of criticism she gets some standing ovations and amazing comments from a few judges!

There's one Celebrity Duet left now, which will be brought to you by Jack's second finalist. Singing 'How Do We Know' with Katie Costello, it's the stunning Chiara Galiazzo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlNEooacplA&list=PLC6A6E366D32F327D&index=111
    Forum Member
    Chiara

Chiara, I have to be completely honest and say I wasn’t the hugest fan of the performance. I can see why your mentor went with this your duet because it was stylistically suited to your voice, bit i didn't find it that interesting. It was a good performance but i honestly thought there would have been somethig extra from you tonight. I wish you the best of luck for the next performance and the first set of votes Chiara.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chiara Galiazzo

*standing ovation*

This was utterly stunning Chiara and Katie, such an unexpectedly spine tingling performance, the whole feel of the performance was electric, it was easy one of my favourite performance of the entire series, every single aspect of the performance was perfect, I absolutely adore your voice Chiara and your mentor has done a sterling job with that, I loved it!