Disney buys Lucasfilm / Star Wars Ep.7?

LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
Forum Member
✭✭
Disney have bought Lucasfilm and in the press release it states:
Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

Thought it was shelved, guess the Mouse has given it the go ahead.

Comments

• DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Good news this is not. Hmmmmm!
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milking the cow dry I see
  • LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is plenty of milk in those udders, may the milking process begin.

We've had tons of Bond and Potter only fair that my favourite movie series also gets a nice healthy amount of sequels. 6 Star Wars movies just wasn't enough.
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leviathain wrote: »
    There is plenty of milk in those udders, may the milking process begin.

We've had tons of Bond and Potter only fair that my favourite movie series also gets a nice healthy amount of sequels. 6 Star Wars movies just wasn't enough.

I agree bring on more Star Wars. I want them to carry on from the 6th film though, i don't want it to be set like 100 years later or anything. I also want to see it look more like episode 4,5 and 6 and less like 1,2 and 3. All that computer graphics stuff slightly ruins Star Wars to me.

When i first heard the news about this i was shocked, then concerned then happy, then concerned again. Shocked because i can't believe that George Lucas is selling Lucasfilm, concern because i heard Disney are taking over.......Disney :confused::confused::confused: happy because i love Star Wars, concerned again because........well............ you know...........it's Disney :p

I would be happy to see another 50 Star Wars films.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It shouldn't be too much of a problem because when you think about it the Star Wars franchise wasn't a series of adult gritty science fiction films, they were always children's films anyway.

Disney might even make them better than the previous trilogy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My initial reaction was:

WTF?!!! That's it, Star Wars is ruined !

But.... On further reflection, it might actually be a good thing..

Let's face it, George has lost interest in doing anything else with Star Wars on the big screen, and even the much talked about TV series has been stuck in development hell for years.
    And, much as we might like to think so, we old fans don't own the idea and films!

Disney has the pockets and imagination to take the 'franchise' forward.
    Good luck to 'em and I hope they produce something to thrill a new generation of kids!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Star Wars 7 8 and 9?!?! Shoot me. Shoot me now.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    milking the cow dry I see

I visualise Lucas as an old haggard version of the Milka cow, with laminitis of the hoof and mastitis of the udder-shudder...:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milk it till it Mooooo's
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the milking process, Im seeing less Heidi & Peter The Goat Boy, more, industrial strength processing!
    "Close the barn doors-close the barn doors!"
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    soundstory wrote: »
    Milk it till it Mooooo's
    So True