Favourite Movie Quotes

billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
Forum Member
You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!
George Taylor upon discovering that he was stuck on a post apocalyptic earth.

Watched the original Planet Of The Apes this morning had never seen it before and so having a day of watching all the films:)

I had heard the quote before however it actually made me chuckle quite hard when i heard it in context great deliverance, great film:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One quote that tickles me partly because of the bad acting and partly because it was so cheesy ,is the one at the end of Flightplan.
    Jodie Foster exits wreckage with daughter in arms

Extra: "what is she carrying"
    Sean Bean (in over the top dramatic style) "its her daughter"
    :p
    O and it was going so well!
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    "Is it safe?" :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    i'm not a bar-tender...i'm the bar-tender (cocktail)

its time to be nice until its time......to not be nice ( roadhouse)
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "There's a name for ladies like you, only it isn't used in polite society - outside of a kennel"

Joan Crawford in The Women, 1939 :D
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...

Fight Club. QFT.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I've got a bad feeling about this"
    Every Star Wars film

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"
    Jaws
  • occasional postoccasional post Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    I'd have gone for the Jaws quote myself, but the one that gets me everytime (no matter how many times I see it) is from the Naked Gun:

"Nice Beaver!"
    "Thanks, I just had it stuffed" :)
  • rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "She just goes a little mad sometimes....... we all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?" - Anthony Perkins, Psycho

"Laughter through tears is my favourite emotion" - Dolly Parton, Steel Magnolias

"Mer-man........Mer-man" - Ben Stiller, Zoolander
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    Derek Zoolander in Zoolander - "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"

Nada from They Live - "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."

Forrest Gump from Forrest Gump - "My momma always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Romero's Day Of The Dead : "Choke On 'Em !!"

The Evil Dead (in a sing-song voice) "We're Gonna Get You !"

Enter The Dragon : "You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin Temple"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do they call a Whopper?
    I don't know. I didn't go into Burger King.
    Pulp Fiction.
  • L.O.V.EL.O.V.E Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    All of Anchorman can be quoted but 'Im in a glass case of emotion' is my fav

and I know its technically a song but

'The space goes down, down baby, down, down the roller coaster. Sweet, sweet baby, sweet, sweet, don't let me go. Shimmy, shimmy, cocoa pop. Shimmy, shimmy, rock. Shimmy, shimmy, cocoa pop. Shimmy, shimmy, rock. I met a girlfriend - a triscuit. She said, a triscuit - a biscuit. Ice cream, soda pop, vanilla on the top. Ooh, Shelly's out, walking down the street, ten times a week. I read it. I said it. I stole my momma's credit. I'm cool. I'm hot. Sock me in the stomach three more times'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    rybev wrote: »
    "She just goes a little mad sometimes....... we all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?" - Anthony Perkins, Psycho

"Laughter through tears is my favourite emotion" - Dolly Parton, Steel Magnolias

"Mer-man........Mer-man" - Ben Stiller, Zoolander

Deffo this :)
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" - Michael Caine, The Italian Job.
    "let's say a prayer for a boy who couldn't run as fast as I could." - Pat O'Brien, Angels With Dirty Faces.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mother in The Bedsitting Room after being shown her own death certificate.

"Well, you can't argue with it. I thought I was alive, but there it is in black and white... Do I lie down or something?"
  • bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bomb-Omb! - Mario Brothers movie - The delivery is cinematic gold :D

And of course pretty much all of Back To The Future, especially ' Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads'
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    bodderz wrote: »
    And of course pretty much all of Back To The Future, especially ' Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads'

I love it in Back to the Future 3, when Marty exclaims "Great Scott!" upon discovering his name in place of Doc's on the headstone in the photo. Then Doc says "I know, this is heavy." It's like the tables had turned. :D
  • bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it in Back to the Future 3, when Marty exclaims "Great Scott!" upon discovering his name in place of Doc's on the headstone in the photo. Then Doc says "I know, this is heavy." It's like the tables had turned. :D

One thing the BTTF series always impressed me with was it's clever referencing across time, where everything could be sourced back to the 80s :)
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Dirty Harry - Harry Callaghan

"When I see a grown man chasing a woman down an alleyway with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he's not out collecting for the Red Cross"

Sudden Impact - Harry Callaghan

"Listen, punk, to me you're nothing but dogshit, do ya understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice- be careful where the dog shits ya!"

I could go on and on and on and on. He has come out with some right gems.
  • 1ncognito1ncognito Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Tower this is Ghostrider requesting a flyby"
    "Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full"

Top Gun :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "WE'LL TEAR YOUR SOUL APART"
    Hellraiser
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I think? I think we're all in our own private traps.

Norman Bates of course.
  • L.O.V.EL.O.V.E Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    "Shampoo is better. I go on first and clean the hair. Conditioner is better. I leave the hair silky and smooth!" - Billy Madison
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was walking down the street
    just a-having a think
    When a snake of a guy gave me an
    evil wink.
    He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise.
    He had a pickup truck, and the
    devil's eyes.
    He stared at me and I felt a change.
    Time meant nothing, never would again.

All:
    Let's do the time-warp again.
    Let's do the time-warp again.
  • PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last lines of Some Like it Hot:

Osgood: I called Mama. She was so happy she cried. She wants you to have her wedding gown. It's white lace.
    Daphne: Yeah, Osgood. I can't get married in your mother's dress. Ha ha. That-she and I, we are not built the same way.
    Osgood: We can have it altered.
    Daphne: Aw no you don't! Osgood, I'm gonna level with you. We can't get married at all.
    Osgood: Why not?
    Daphne: Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
    Osgood: Doesn't matter.
    Daphne: I smoke. I smoke all the time.
    Osgood: I don't care.
    Daphne: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player.
    Osgood: I forgive you.
    Daphne: I can never have children.
    Osgood (unperturbed): We can adopt some.
    Jerry-Daphne: But you don't understand, Osgood. (He whips off his wig, exasperated, and changes to a manly voice.) Uh, I'm a man.
    Osgood (unruffled, undaunted, and still in love): Well, nobody's perfect.

:D