[Game] The Mix Factor 3: Live Show #3

EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
Forum Member
✭✭
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the third live show of The Mix Factor!

Last Friday, sixteen acts performed live for your votes. At the end of the day, Loukas Giorkas was the unfortunate act to end up in 16th place. But that wasn't all, the other two boys faced off in the sing-off, with Morten Benjamin advancing at the expense of Adil Memon after a very close judges' vote.

Tonight, the top fourteen will be singing songs with titles that consist of exactly three words. Not a hard theme at all, but the show will be interesting nonetheless as TWO more acts will be leaving the competition tonight!

As you may know already, Lyriccs has left the forums for some unknown reason. Instead of finding a replacement judge for him, I have decided to move Morten Benjamin to Soppyfan's category as he is technically a wildcard act. That means we're down to four judges again!

Speaking about judges, please welcome the five judges of The Mix Factor and their acts!
And this will be the intro tune for the third live show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15avq9JS0cc

bboy1988
and the girls
Angel Tupai
Danielle Penning
Jade Ellis

unclekevo
and the groups
Audio Vixen
Mrs. Greenbird
Phuong & Rasmus

jackel1234 and the over 25s
Chiara Galiazzo
Daniel Vengsgaard
Samantha Jade
Vino Alan

Soppyfan and the wildcards
Jesper
Morten Benjamin
Nathaniel Willemse
Sumera Espinel

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to face the music once again!

Judges, please confirm your presence.

Comments

• jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Here and ready to judge :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I'm here
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The others haven't arrived yet, but I'm going to get the show on the road anyway.

I have Soppyfan's comments, but Kev will have to catch up once he gets here.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed the first two shows but will hopefully have time to vote later! I was looking back at some Series 2 shows the other day, I really miss doing it but I definitely don't think I would have had time this series :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right then, opening the third live show with a famous song by The White Stripes is last week's sing-off survivor. He's recently got a new mentor too, it's Morten Benjamin singing 'Seven Nation Army'!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mut_jxG1Uhc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I missed the first two shows but will hopefully have time to vote later! I was looking back at some Series 2 shows the other day, I really miss doing it but I definitely don't think I would have had time this series :p

Thanks Nail, it's nice to see you're still supporting the show you once did so well on! :p
    Forum Member
    Morten

Hmmmm, Morten I am sorta on the fence about this performance. I felt as though you gave a pretty competent performance tonight, but the song choice was pretty bland and boring. It reminded me of vanilla ice cream, it is nice but you would always prefer something with a little bit more flavour and depth to it. If you make it back for the next show Morten, I hope your mentor will choose a more substantial song that will really shock and surprise us in a good way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morten Benjamin

Morten, who would've thought that being the last boy standing would join my wildcard team. Well for me, I always try to expect the unexpected. You may by in my category now but I won't change you because you have been good so far but I'm going to make you great. This was a great way to open the show and it was cool and you were rocking, well done boy.
    Forum Member
    Morten Benjamin

Morten this just didn’t do it for me. I mean your previous mentor knew exactly what to do with you and how to do it even though they had trouble with you one last week overall they have known what to do with you. But in this there was just nothing for me that made me go “wow he’s a contender” in fact it probably lowered my opinion of you. Morten if you are here next week you need to get a better song because this was just average at best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we kick off the night with mediocre comments for Morten, will he be paying another visit to the bottom 3 tonight?

Up next, we have an over who's going to sing a song by one of my favorite artists (okay, that was a bit off-topic). Her mentor believes in her, but will Samantha Jade be able to do 'Shake It Out' by Florence + The Machine (cover) justice?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0cjxmMDNFo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samantha Jade

Samantha, that was a VERY brave song choice by your mentor and I commend your mentor for that. But for me, I like how you made that song different and not a copy of the original. It may not have been as brilliant as your other performances, but I'm sure you'll be safe this week. Good job, Samantha.
    Forum Member
    Samantha

Samantha, I quite liked that performance tonight. I think your mentor has chosen a good song for you to sing tonight. Your voice wasn’t drowned out by the track and was the star of the show. I think that if you keep growing in confidence with each week you are saved you may become a force in this competition.
    Forum Member
    Samantha Jade

Sammi after last week the judges said I needed to give you a more standout vocal song and this was definately that. Nobody would expect a brilliant performance like this from a Florence song and you just nailed it. You went wait I need to perform this and by lord you nailed it! Bravo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some pretty good comments for Samantha Jade, but will she get the votes she so desperately needs tonight?

The next act is one of Stephen's girls. She'll be taking on a very popular song, it's Danielle Penning singing 'Girl On Fire' by Alicia Keys!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J91ti_MpdHA&feature=related
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle Penning

Danielle, you've been under the radar since the first show but tonight, I think this was the right time for you to come out of your shell and take on bigger songs. I've been hearing this song recently, but I'm always impressed when another artist sings it. That was a beautiful performance and you hit the high notes with ease to me. Amazing choice, Danielle.
    Forum Member
    Danielle Penning

Last week I was very harsh on you because it felt really cheesy and bad for me. This was the opposite though. It was a pretty good performance by you and gave you more of an opportunity to shine as an artist. I would still like to see a more jazz side to you but less cheesy than last week but overall this was pretty decent.
    Forum Member
    Danielle

Danielle, after the last show when you were criticised for being too cheesy by certain judges I decided this week to go back to a performance where your vocals would shine out. I think this song worked extremely well for you as it allowed those fantastic vocals to shine and it also allowed you to insert some sexiness into the performance and work the stage and the audience. My hope this week is that the other judges will love the performance as much as I did and give you good comments and that the public will continue to fall in love with you and continue to support you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That must be a relief for Danielle, especially after those terrible comments she got last week from three of the judges.

Back to the over 25s, it's Jack's pride and joy Daniel Vengsgaard singing 'Kings and Queens' by 30 Seconds to Mars
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiTrGCAbt8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel Vengsgaard

Daniel, I wish I could just say wow, but I wanna say more. The song requires that huge rock voice with some uniqueness so it matches the song. That was possibly your best performance so far in the competition. You may well now be a potential contender if you do another performance like that. And Jack, I've gotta hand it to you, that was a fantastic choice of song for him.
    Forum Member
    Daniel

Daniel, I have heard that song hundreds of times and have to be honest and say I never knew it was a Thirty Seconds To Mars song. But anyways onto your performance and I have to be honest and say I wasn’t a big fan tonight. In fact I was a huge fan tonight. You totally rocked the stage tonight and I felt as though I was at a Daniel Vengsgaard concert. Amazing job.
    Forum Member
    Daniel Vensgaard

Daniel the song starts being soft and with emotion which you did fantastically! Then the chorus kicks in and you belt out the song with your fantastic rock edge vocals it becomes a great show! Daniel you've gone from strength to strength and I honestly think so far this is your best performance so far! Brilliant
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing comments for Daniel tonight, but will the public agree with everything the judges said?

As it's impossible to follow that up with just one performance, why don't we try two? Please give it up for:

Nathaniel Willemse - 'Isn't She Lovely' by Stevie Wonder (Kris Mark Cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGWtCHs8i8U

Phuong And Rasmus: Are We Different (Priscilla Ahn)
    Phuong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3mFA-hVAxc
    Male Cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGRQL9EkdPY
    Note: The male cover is purely to show how a man sings it, Rasmus has a high-pitched voice so his vocals would be more similar to the original song, I know this is more downbeat but it has the same indie-pop feel and I think that the sweet vocals are perfect for them.
    Phuong: Come on,
    the day is ending.
    And we are tired from walking over and under this town.

Rasmus: Look here,
    the fight is starting.
    As we near the people are parting.
    Oh my, my tired soul

Both (Harmonising): Are we shy?, are we setting new ground?
    Are we high when we're watching downtown?
    Are we different?

Rasmus: Look close,
    your face is changing.
    Like most its only aging from all these tired tears.

Phuong: Come on,
    its getting better.
    Looks like we're in for warm weather
    for the next three billion years.

Rasmus: Are we shy?, are we setting new ground?
    Phuong:Are we high when we're watching downtown?
    Are we different?
    Rasmus: Are we different?
    Both (Harmonising): Are we different?

Are we gonna figure this out?
    Are we gonna figure this out?

Rasmus:Are we shy?, are we setting new ground?
    Phuong: Are we high when we're watching downtown?
    Both (Harmonising): Are we different?
    Forum Member
    Nathaniel

Oh Nathaniel, I thought this was a nice vocal performance tonight, although I fear you will be forgotten after the last 3 performances we have just heard. The song choice was pretty obvious to me but it was nice to hear you mix it up a little bit from the original. I fear for your place tonight Nathaniel. Sorry.

Phuong And Rasmus

Guys, I can fully understand why your mentor has chosen this song for you tonight. But for me it wasn’t my favourite performance of yours in the competition so far. Personally I much preferred last weeks performance and I felt a little underwhelmed by the performance just because I had set the bar so high for you guys after last week. But I am sure you will be back and will wow me again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathaniel Willemse
    Nathaniel, I really love how you put your style on the song and it is quite soulful. But with this cover, it is able to make you current as well which is what we are working with each and every week. You sang it with meaning and with a great tone control, beautiful and soulful job, man. Please continue to vote for Nathaniel, viewers.

Phuong And Rasmus
    Well guys, I'm on two sides with this performance and the song choice. I really like the new direction your mentor is trying to take. Phuong, that was a really great choice for you and you sung it with a great range. But Rasmus, I felt like that this song didn't quite fit for you, but I know that there is something good about you and Phuong when you sing together. I hope you'll get the votes tonight.
    Forum Member
    Nathaniel Willemse

Okay Nathaniel this was okay for you. I mean last week when you did your song I was quite impressed as it was a big step up for you from the other week and this felt like a slight step back for me, nothing to major it just lost the spark of last week had for me. I think maybe you should try and use the style of the song last week and incorporate it into more of your performances. Decent choice but try and get that spark back next week.

Phuong and Rasmus

This was a good choice guys. I mean Phuong you delivered and so did you Rasmus, the down beat choice was a good change of pace and you did well with it but for me the song just felt a bit awkward at times for me and wasn't really your best. Still overall it was a good performance by you guys and bravo to your mentor for the song choice.