Will Susan Boyle ever make her own music ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Because all she seems to do is cover versions ?

Comments

• ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,550
    Forum Member
    Her 'greatest hits should be a laugh shouldn't it'

I cant believe she's never toured either, she has to be the laziest artist out there no wonder her careers in decline
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for starters... she's 51. Secondly, it's no different to modern day popstars, it's not their material they sing or perform, they just happened to grab a track that someone they never even met put together.

She doesn't strike me as the type who cares about a career in it, just someone who had a lucky break in the industry.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't have the creative brain power to write a original song
  • madmark20madmark20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Susan boyle reminds me of a frankenstein creation a funny shaped head stuck on a body.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Well, for starters... she's 51. Secondly, it's no different to modern day popstars, it's not their material they sing or perform, they just happened to grab a track that someone they never even met put together.

She doesn't strike me as the type who cares about a career in it, just someone who had a lucky break in the industry.

51??? Really! I'd have put her at 60 at the very least
  • madmark20madmark20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    SUSAN BOYLE does nothing for my sex life,
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a very lazy artist. People moan at Rihanna but as far as I am concerned, Subo's music is very conveyor belt. She goes in the studio, records cover versions and then does about 1 live performance a year. Then 12 months later, it is the same cycle again

She doesn't tour because she mentally can't. I mean the woman had a breakdown just by doing a couple of live performances on Britain's Got Talent. She went famously went to the priory. Can you imagine her doing 20-30 live dates a year? It would kill her.

But she is a lazy artist who to me comes across very miserable and ungrateful for what she has achieved. She has an amazing voice, but other than that, that is it really. I know she has had some difficulties in the past, but we all have and still can manage to smile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a very lazy artist. People moan at Rihanna but as far as I am concerned, Subo's music is very conveyor belt. She goes in the studio, records cover versions and then does about 1 live performance a year. Then 12 months later, it is the same cycle again

She doesn't tour because she mentally can't. I mean the woman had a breakdown just by doing a couple of live performances on Britain's Got Talent. She went famously went to the priory. Can you imagine her doing 20-30 live dates a year? It would kill her.

But she is a lazy artist who to me comes across very miserable and ungrateful for what she has achieved. She has an amazing voice, but other than that, that is it really. I know she has had some difficulties in the past, but we all have and still can manage to smile.

I'll say it again. She's 51 years old. Not 20. Some of the shit spouted on here is hilarious... and i'm not even a fan:rolleyes:
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll say it again. She's 51 years old. Not 20. Some of the shit spouted on here is hilarious... and i'm not even a fan:rolleyes:

Age is no excuse

Barbra Streisand has done some full on tours and is much older than Susan. She does very much the same type of music as Susan, except she is hands on, and of course is one of the most influential and legendary female artists to still be alive today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Age is no excuse

Barbra Streisand has done some full on tours and is much older than Susan. She does very much the same type of music as Susan, except she is hands on, and of course is one of the most influential and legendary female artists to still be alive today.

Susan Boyle isn't exactly physically 'fit' though... certainly doesn't look it anyway. Who's to say Susan Boyle has a big fanbase either? She only appeals to casual music listeners anyway. To brand her lazy is just a poor statement... I have more respect for her in just a sense that she could easily cash in big time and go on tour. Instead she seems to make the odd appearance and chooses to live in her old house.

Not everyone is after the full on fame... wouldn't even be sure if she thought she would get to where she is when she auditioning for BGT.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She rode the wave of an audition and has been milked by the record label - she will soon be tossed aside.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's no good as an excuse. That she does what everyone else does so that makes it okay.

If everybody strove for mediocrity there'd be no magic or wonder to anything anymore.
    It would just be a case of "Well no one else bothers so I thought I wouldn't bother making the effort either".

Why anyone would want to be known and remembered for singing songs which were hits for other people is a mystery to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Modern day popstars? This has been going on for decades. I think I can probably count on my hands how many of motown's artists actually wrote their own music. The one known as The Voice didn't write her own music. Some aren't good at both. If you have a voice like none other I don't see the problem. It may be a double standard, but I feel like if you are pretty mediocre or anyone could sing your songs, then you should at least be a good writer. Whitney didn't have to do that.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why should she?

many great vocalists dont write their own songs.... they either cover or have songs written for them.

did sinatra ever write a song? did elvis? cliff? tom jones? etc etc etc... at best the majority of their material wasnt stuff they wrote.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why should she?

many great vocalists dont write their own songs.... they either cover or have songs written for them.
    She's not a great vocalist:cool:
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    She's a cover singer and nothing more, her new album is flopping all over the world. And for her to tour? Do you think she will get any insurance with her track record? If Sony puts like $50million maybe, but even then she finds it hard to sing more than 4 songs a night two nights aweek.
    She sold on the back of BGT and the hype, now reality set in we are seeing what she can do and it's not a great deal.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people on here are being incredibly hard on her and I am by no means a fan.

It is wrong to compare her to anyone else because her situation is unique. An artist like Barbra Streisand, or a band like The rolling Stones, have been doing this for years,

Therefore for them to walk out on stage at the O2 is a normal situation but for someone like Susan Boyle, who would be more used to a bit of singing in church or for friends, to suddenly have to do that would be massive, especially if she is then expected to do the same in Birmingham the following night, and then Manchester, etc.

I doubt many on here would be able to do that, I certainly wouldn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    She doesn't have the creative brain power to write a original song

She has mild learning disabilities. She's not doing so bad and earning millions.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member

Come on. 51 is hardly at deaths door. Madonna, Cher, Barbra and Tina Turner all manage (I believe Tina actually spent her 70th performing a sold out show at the O2.)

I can't believe she is only 51. She looks at least 60!
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The answer is no because she is not really up to it.

I would love to hear her cover Deep Purples Highway Star though or Led Zeppelins Dazed and Confused.:D

Both artitsts as you would expect write their own material.;)
  • soransoran Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still waiting for her to cover " Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and "My sex is on fire" :D
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    She's a singer. She's not a songwriter or producer.

That said, I think other people should write songs for her. It's not a good idea to have her sing an endless stream of covers imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Come on. 51 is hardly at deaths door. Madonna, Cher, Barbra and Tina Turner all manage (I believe Tina actually spent her 70th performing a sold out show at the O2.)

I can't believe she is only 51. She looks at least 60!

Macca's 70, Bob Dylan's 71, Ringo's 72, Chuck Berry's 86, and BB King's 87, and they're all still touring.
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I know she has had some difficulties in the past, but we all have and still can manage to smile.

Er, no, we all HAVE NOT all been starved of oxygen to the brain as a baby and now have learning difficulties as a result.

Although it would certainly be something to pin that ridiculous statement on in your case.
  • Zeus555Zeus555 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her first 3 Albums were UK No.1's. Her 4th has only reached No.7.
    In the USA, her first 2 Albums were No.1's, her 3rd was a No.4, &
    her 4th got no higher than No.12. Her 4th Album has done poorly
    everywhere - compared to the first 2. (The 3rd did not sell close
    to what the first 2 did - but, it was a much bigger success than
    the 4th).

It was always obvious that many of her 'Fans', were buying into
    her 'Rags To Riches' story - encouraged by her 'discovery' on
    BGT. It was also obvious that the further her 'discovery' went
    into the past, the less 'Fans' would remain interested in her.

She has a very nice voice, but she sings everything in the
    same way, with hardly any variation in her style. I saw her
    singing ABBA's 'The Winner Takes It All', on TV, a few Weeks
    ago, & she put no emotion into it at all. It was like watching a
    pretty voiced Robot blandly reciting lyrics.

Those 'Fans' that are left, insist that she's one of the best
    singers ever, & that she puts huge emotion into every song.
    Those of us who never bought into 'The Susan Story', never
    saw that, & never will....