Helen Flanagan posing with gun to head

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't understand why anyone would to be honest.

I guess it's all about being seen as 'edgy' and getting column inches, though I think Helen Flanagan's about as edgy as rice pud (with skin on). :D

Yeah, that as well.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I can't understand why Helen would want to pose while holding a gun to her head anyway! What's the point?!

More to do with the photographer than anything she might have wanted to do. In most of these types of shoots, the model just turns up, is told what to wear and what to do.

But, clearly, in DS-World, it was all HF's idea from the start in a sinister scheme to gain profile and column inches .. :rolleyes:
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    More to do with the photographer than anything she might have wanted to do. In most of these types of shoots, the model just turns up, is told what to wear and what to do.

But, clearly, in DS-World, it was all HF's idea from the start in a sinister scheme to gain profile and column inches .. :rolleyes:

Right, but then it's the models choice to post the photo on their twitter in the aftermath of a worldwide story about kids getting shot.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, but then it's the models choice to post the photo on their twitter in the aftermath of a worldwide story about kids getting shot.

Exactly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

.. which has already been extensively talked about in this thread ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. which has already been extensively talked about in this thread ..

...that's it then, discussion over. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...that's it then, discussion over. :D

This is the Showbiz forum - the discussion is never over when attractive female celebrities are concerned ..

If we're all still around in 10 years time, I have no doubts this moment will be brought up as the defining characteristic of her life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the Showbiz forum - the discussion is never over when attractive female celebrities are concerned ..

If we're all still around in 10 years time, I have no doubts this moment will be brought up as the defining characteristic of her life.

HF 'attractive'? :D:D
    Only to men with one brain cell like herself I'd imagine. ;)

I'm sure we'll all be around in 10 years time (Apocalypse today permitting ;)), but I think if we were asked about HF it'd be a case of 'oh, I remember her, she was that soap star from Corrie who was a fraud/coward/airhead on IAC. Then she did that stupid photo with the gun, and never got any more work after it. Wonder where she is now?'. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HF 'attractive'? :D:D
    Only to men with one brain cell like herself I'd imagine. ;)

With the greatest possible respect, you're not a man.
    Believe me, the vast majority of us find her attractive.
    I'm sure we'll all be around in 10 years time (Apocalypse today permitting ;)), but I think if we were asked about HF it'd be a case of 'oh, I remember her, she was that soap star from Corrie who was a fraud/coward/airhead on IAC. Then she did that stupid photo with the gun, and never got any more work after it. Wonder where she is now?'. :D

It's unlikely anyone will remember her ten years from today. Soap actors and actresses usually sink without trace and are forgotten after they leave. She could at least have done one season of panto though. By next season no one will know who she is.

I still think she's lovely though.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a lot of pathetic faux outrage over this. I suppose anything being broadcast or published that featured a gun in it was 'insensitive' and showed 'disrespect' for the families of the murdered children? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of pathetic faux outrage over this. I suppose anything being broadcast or published that featured a gun in it was 'insensitive' and showed 'disrespect' for the families of the murdered children? :rolleyes:

Personally I don't believe a Sun reporter went to Newtown and showed the picture to anyone. The fact HF was stupid and insensitive enough to publish it on her Twitter page after the shootings was enough for them to be outraged about it.

If any personality had published a similar picture the Sun would have made a fuss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flobadob wrote: »
    Believe me, the vast majority of us find her attractive

She doesn't do it for me personally, but I can certainly see a couple of reasons why many men do like her though ;)

I suppose time will tell, but Cheryl Cole kind of proves that people have very long memories when it comes to someone they're not a fan of ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the greatest possible respect, you're not a man.
    Believe me, the vast majority of us find her attractive.

Got it in one - I'm not a man. (Thank goodness) ;)

I don't think you can say the 'majority' of men - you don't know what every man thinks. More accurate to say that some find her attractive - but some don't.
    I doubt some men look at her face anyway. ;)
    It's unlikely anyone will remember her ten years from today. Soap actors and actresses usually sink without trace and are forgotten after they leave. She could at least have done one season of panto though. By next season no one will know who she is.

I still think she's lovely though.

Your first para I agree with. Your second - well, it's all subjective isn't it? :)
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't believe a Sun reporter went to Newtown and showed the picture to anyone. The fact HF was stupid and insensitive enough to publish it on her Twitter page after the shootings was enough for them to be outraged about it.

If any personality had published a similar picture the Sun would have made a fuss.

I have a total lack of outrage over this. I suppose American media will try to pretend that guns aren't a major part of their culture for a few days by cancelling shows with guns in them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    I have a total lack of outrage over this. I suppose American media will try to pretend that guns aren't a major part of their culture for a few days by cancelling shows with guns in them.

Personally I think the woman's a moron. I doubt very much anyone in the US will think of cancelling shows with guns.

There are far too many of them.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am SO looking forward to the hypocritical hollywierd celebs coming out in force and DEMANDING film execs STOP glorifying guns and violence, THAT is much more relevant than Helen Flanighan, BTW the Kardashian sisters recently posed with firearms, another endorsement!!!
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Helen Flanagan poses with a gun and we are led to believe that a country that glorifies the right to bear arms and freedom of speech gets upset. The photo was on twitter for a short time and then removed. The media made sure that it was in the news for days and love to keep posting the photo I am more offended by them than her.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen is not as dopey as she pretends to be. Her apologists are saying it was an old picture. Maybe so,but why did she post it just now ? Column inches & anything to appear 'current' . Stupid behaviour ,but from a savvy fame-grabber who knew just what she was doing.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    polli wrote: »
    Helen is not as dopey as she pretends to be. Her apologists are saying it was an old picture. Maybe so,but why did she post it just now ? Column inches & anything to appear 'current' . Stupid behaviour ,but from a savvy fame-grabber who knew just what she was doing.

Appear current but be despised? Makes no sense :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think she has enough brain power to be savvy polli. ;)

If she'd known the Sun were going to make such a hoo-ha I bet she wouldn't have posted it.

''Boo-hoo they're bullying me'' - poor (stupid) little flower. :D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the Sun didn't speak to the parents of the children who were shot, just the people on the streets of Newtown. I doubt those poor souls are in a fit state to be asked about the picture of a stupid bimbo they know nothing of anyway. :(

Even to speak to other people in Newtown would be wrong; I'm sure the whole community will be deeply distressed. It's quite a small place, apparently; even those who didn't lose a child themselves are likely to know someone who died.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen is not as dopey as she pretends to be

Yes she is.
    Her apologists are saying it was an old picture

Which it is ..
    Maybe so,but why did she post it just now ?

Because sometimes, stupid people do stupid things.
    Column inches & anything to appear 'current'

Yes, because she's so "savvy", she decided in advance she wanted to be hated ..:rolleyes:
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell that to the grieving parents.

Why would you suggest he do something like that? How insensitive of you. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even to speak to other people in Newtown would be wrong; I'm sure the whole community will be deeply distressed. It's quite a small place, apparently; even those who didn't lose a child themselves are likely to know someone who died.

I've been wondering if they spoke to anyone in Newtown tbh.

Perhaps they raked up the fact that HF posted a two month old picture purely in order to get outraged.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering if they spoke to anyone in Newtown tbh

I honestly doubt they did. Most of the tabloids have form for making up quotes from people. The usual one is when they run a piece on a new celebrity couple and trot out the quotes from "friends" who like to say "it's early days yet..".

It's not like anyone from Newton is going to pick up the phone to their lawyer really.