Sarah Millican..................is there a single panel show she wont appear on ??

Comments

• andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    You're going to meet yourself coming back at this rate.
    It's quite simple, some people find Chubby Brown and Millican amusing, you don't, see that wasn't hard was it?

You went out with someone who was a bit dappy, apparently she didn't work out when people laughed at the various 'northerner' jokes what people were laughing at, context should have been a clue.
    I take it what she lacked 'upstairs' was compensated by her looks and personality.
    You're not covering yourself in glory, if you think we're all a bit dappy down south.
    There's a reason why Sarah's Greggs, pies and cakes related material 'works' in other parts of the country, it's because we've got Greggs, pies and cakes too.
    We're not all yoghurt knitters you know :)
    'Normal' southerners count the Whippets and Brown ale thing as banter/wind-up material.

Your a bit rude aren't you. The girlfriend I mentioned has been my wife for 35 years and she wasn't the only one who had poor opinions of the North East based on what they had seen or heard in the media. I never suggested you were a bit dippy down south, I was merely suggesting that Millicans act was based on being a thick Northerner who existed on Greggs pies and pastys. Greggs is a local company up here and is associated with poor eating habits.
    However, as allways, I accept others opinions
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's on 8 out of 10 cats do Countdown on 09/08 and she's in the new series of Who Do You Think You Are. After a break she's obviously starting a new onslaught!
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    She's on 8 out of 10 cats do Countdown on 09/08 and she's in the new series of Who Do You Think You Are. After a break she's obviously starting a new onslaught!

What break? She was on QI last week!
  • VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching a recording of QI XL which featured SM and when it finished and the box started displaying whatever happened to be on, it was ... The Sarah Millican Television Programme.

Fortunately, I rather like her.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not a fan - but she is earning a fortune from tv and touring.
    Sarah Millican is earning more than £2million a year, according to papers lodged at Companies House. Accounts for her company, SM Comedy Ltd, show she has cash reserves of £2.52million – up just over £2million on last year. Earnings come from her live shows, two DVDs and The Sarah Millican Television Programme on BBC Two. The documents were filed last month and cover the 12 months up to June 2012.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her edition of Who Do You Think You Are this week.
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can she spend that £2 million on a makeover so we won't have to listen to her calling herself a "frump" all the time? Stupid bint.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Millican Watch continues.

'The Best of Sarah Millican' is on BBC2 tonight.

It starts at 22:00.........and ends at 22:01.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've missed this thread. Welcome back ! The monster still roams.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats being generous.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    She's also one of the 'highlights' on the BBC's Christmas schedule.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She was a talking head on a comedy nostalgia show last night. As soon as I saw her wittering on about, I think, Miranda, I switched over - so I can't name and shame the show.
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Thats being generous.
    Too true!
  • up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALERT ALERT ALERT.
    Millican is guest announcer on Ant n Dec this Saturday>:(
    Forum Member
    ALERT ALERT ALERT.
    Millican is guest announcer on Ant n Dec this Saturday>:(

Either I've not been tuning in to the shows she's been on, or she is - thankfully - not spreading herself around so thin lately.

However, thanks for the warning, another show she's now deprived me from enjoying!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    Can she spend that £2 million on a makeover so we won't have to listen to her calling herself a "frump" all the time? Stupid bint.

That's part of her "stage act" costume, though. Looking the way she does conveys the idea she is actually some frumpy lady who eats cake, lives in a cosy wee flat, has a boyfriend who barely likes her and sits on her sofa watching DVD boxed sets of The Wiyah.

It's the same deal with Mickey Flanagan and his polo shirts, tight jeans and his cockney accent.

If they both came out in designer clothing having had elocution lessons talking about "I had a horrible time last week, with all the current investigations into celebrities hiding their money we've had to set up a shell company based in the Cayman Islands to help me launder money to avoid high taxation. I mean, I like the NHS and all and I do my part, but do I really want to pay 400 grand personally to keep a cancer ward open? Do I heck!"

Might not be found to be as identifiable and funny to their fanbases who think "Oh, she thinks and lives just like me, I must go see her when she's in town, maybe she has a joke about having trouble cleaning her oven!" if they realised the reality is she can just buy a new one every week.
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be the third or fourth outing for this episode tonight, same channel , same time slot, shameful BBC.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The irony is , she isn't even funny .
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    The irony is , she isn't even funny .

Not to you obviously but she is to plenty of people.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    She is that rare thing - A genuinely funny female comic, so I don’t mind that she crops up often. Her show currently airing on R4 is very good. D

Yeah, out of all the female comedians on tv, she's definately one of the funniest. Most of the others send me to sleep and I say this as a woman myself, only Catherine Tate is more funny than Sarah Millican.

I like how the OP didn't mention all the male comedians who appear on panel shows on a regular basis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Millican is earning more than £2million a year, according to papers lodged at Companies House. Accounts for her company, SM Comedy Ltd, show she has cash reserves of £2.52million – up just over £2million on last year. Earnings come from her live shows, two DVDs and The Sarah Millican Television Programme on BBC Two. The documents were filed last month and cover the 12 months up to June 2012.

fair play to her I say, I hope she got a proper financial separation from her ex husband :o

She normally gives me a few chuckles and that's all that matters really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »

I like how the OP didn't mention all the male comedians who appear on panel shows on a regular basis.

No one has over saturated themselves to the level of Millican these last couple of years. There is literally "nothing" she wont appear on.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    No one has over saturated themselves to the level of Millican these last couple of years. There is literally "nothing" she wont appear on.

Except (hopefully) "Embarrassing Bodies". And any of those "babe" phone channels.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Yeah, out of all the female comedians on tv, she's definately one of the funniest. .

And that's the best joke of 2014 so far. Just so, so funny!

Now, if you want someone who really is good, view Nina Conti.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont like her.
This discussion has been closed.