Was Denise robbed ?

Comments

• water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wasn't robbed. I think it was clear from the start that she did not have the public vote.
    All 4 finalists were very good dancers but you need to be able to connect with the audience. Denise was very good but everything seemed so mechanical, lacked any emotion for me.
    In my opinion Denise's biggest problem was James. He choreographed very safe routines, I think only in the showdance did they do something daring, something with real "wow". Aside from this, he is my least favourite professional dancer. I don't think he adds anything to the show.
  • sogosogo Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I think Louis was the best, but ofcourse it is entirely subjective. Denise ran him a close second (and although we will never know, I like to imagine she came second in the phone vote).

So you say 'but of course it is entirely subjective' (in a fairly patronizing way) then say 'Denise ran him a close second' seemingly as some kind of fact, although we now know (thanks to your illuminating us) that this too is entirely subjective (Whilst humbly acknowledging your great superiority, of course)
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt a bit sorry for Louis actually. It's obvious that he wasn't the best dancer. He'd know that too because he's so used to competing at a very high level. Nice for him to know he's popular though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    The only thing that was robbed was Olas catsuit ..oh and someone stole Louis top apparently...
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimately no.

She did brilliantly, and some of her dances will be iconic.

Sometimes the ones that win, don't have the most staying power in the memory.

And it's not just about dance, shame though that is for me.

She did bloody well, showcased herself beautifully, and she'll be fine.

And she didn't lose to someone BETTER than her. And most people know that.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she wasnt . At the end of the day whether some people like it or not , this show is mostly a popularity contest and popular, she was not ! So I dont care how good some people think she was , at the end of the day she wasnt popular ;).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    I don't think it should ever be left to a public vote, which is why I no longer watch.

It's nothing to do with skill or talent, it's nothing more than a personality contest.

How right you are! sorry but Louis is a gymnast who did a good job but couldn't dance a patch on the girls... oh and the BBC rigged it, by putting him to dance last, it was the GBP voting for their favourite and to hell with whether the others were better dancers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    She showed her true colours for a change at the very end, not congratulating louis on winning, unlike kimberley. I do not like her at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Denise wasn't robbed. I think it was clear from the start that she did not have the public vote.
    All 4 finalists were very good dancers but you need to be able to connect with the audience. Denise was very good but everything seemed so mechanical, lacked any emotion for me.
    In my opinion Denise's biggest puroblem was James. He choreographed very safe routines, I think only in the showdance did they do something daring, something with real "wow". Aside from this, he is my least favourite professional dancer. I don't think he adds anything to the show.
    Did she actually DANCE in that routine? It was all about the lifts for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzyb wrote: »
    She showed her true colours for a change at the very end, not congratulating louis on winning, unlike kimberley. I do not like her at all

OR we didn't see her do it. Don't damn her with so little evidence. She seems to have been popular amongst the dancers, and Kim was the main 'friend' for Louis.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nail in her coffin was Louis having his vest off. :D:D It ddidn't have much to do with the quality of the dancing.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she certainly was not robbed at all.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OR we didn't see her do it. Don't damn her with so little evidence. She seems to have been popular amongst the dancers, and Kim was the main 'friend' for Louis.

Exactly some people never let the facts get in the way of an opportuity to have a cheap dig
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nome wrote: »
    How right you are! sorry but Louis is a gymnast who did a good job but couldn't dance a patch on the girls... oh and the BBC rigged it, by putting him to dance last, it was the GBP voting for their favourite and to hell with whether the others were better dancers.

Nobody has won the final dancing last since Alesha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she certainly was not robbed at all.

The judges had her as the winner and IMO they are more expert that people that dont vote based mostly on the Dancing ability.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did brilliantly, and some of her dances will be iconic.

Sometimes the ones that win, don't have the most staying power in the memory.

And it's not just about dance, shame though that is for me.

She did bloody well, showcased herself beautifully, and she'll be fine.

And she didn't lose to someone BETTER than her.

Agreed :)

Plenty of brilliant dancers have lost in the past - Zoe Ball, Colin Jackson, Gethin Jones, Rachel Stevens, Ricky Whittle, Matt Baker, Pamela Stephenson and I'm sure some people would include the likes of Matt Dawson, Matt Di Angelo, Ali, Chelsee etc. Then there's Kelly and Jade who were forced to withdraw but were both potential finalists.

All of them are still remembered for some iconic dances, and in some cases more loved than the people who beat them. In hindsight, I hope many people can appreciate the wonderful dances all the losing finalists did :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is making me laugh! Take a chill pill folks seriously! Louis was my favourite from the start but I thought Denise danced technically best throughout, although Louis show dance was spectacular (that's what probably won it for him). I think Denise did really well not to be 1st out & the previous "ringer" stories & the fact she had James as her partner, meant she was not going to win!
  • gb17gb17 Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Denise was robbed. The public decided, and they decided nit to vote for her.

All this recent canvassing on her behalf didn't pay off, no one else had people constantly telling us to vote for them.

The people who lost out, were the BBC who so disparately wanted Their favourite to win. Glad the GBP who spent their money phoning, decided the outcome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gb17 wrote: »
    I don't think Denise was robbed. The public decided, and they decided nit to vote for her.

All this recent canvassing on her behalf didn't pay off, no one else had people constantly telling us to vote for them.

The people who lost out, were the BBC who so disparately wanted Their favourite to win. Glad the GBP who spent their money phoning, decided the outcome.

All the canvassing gave us a credible final, at least. And louis did his best, which was good.

And that made it a good final. ~But Louis was always going to win.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it too close to call between Denise and Kimberley tonight. They were both robbed! But given this is a popularity contest not a dance competition they can't complain if Louis polled more votes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gb17 wrote: »

Why would the BBC want her to win and how was she their favourite. Where is the evidence to make such a claim.
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    How could Denise be robbed? Obviously loads of people voted for her or she wouldn't have been in the last three. She was great. Congratulations to her and Kimberley (and Dani, bless), they gave us some wonderful entertainment. None of them seemed to grudge Louis the glitter ball, he was amazing.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they were all worthy winners, however, she was byi far the better dancer, her show dance was just brilliant, she should be so,so proud, as should all of the celebs in the final 4.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    In my opinion Denise's biggest problem was James. He choreographed very safe routines, I think only in the showdance did they do something daring, something with real "wow". Aside from this, he is my least favourite professional dancer. I don't think he adds anything to the show.

There's some truth in that. Denise's additional problem was that even when James did write an exciting routine, it tended to be a West End like show routine. There wasn't enough that was high on emotional content, and looking like a WestEnd star made her more vulnerable to the charge that she was a professional. I think she showed she's a contender to dance a lot of West End shows, but she didn't get to show her acting range. Pasha got a bit nearer, but he, the musical choices, and the cameraman, who never caught the emotional content there was, never produced a really memorable emotional routine either.

Dani was handicapped throughout by less than great musical choices, a wardrobe department that tried to make her look consistently like herself in 1950, two females against her with leggy dancer's bodies, and Vincent trying to win on difficulty. She might have done better last series with some zanier outfits/props and characters to act.

Against that Louis had the usual sex bias in the voting, a lack of any strong male compettion all series, probably a large young/young gymnast vote and judging that eventually allowed him to throw in acrobatics to substitute for any wow factor in his dancing or acting. Add the shirt loss, and he's not going to be stopped by three girls and then two splitting their vote.Put him up against Mark, Tom , or even Chris, and it would be interesting to see where the female vote went
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Good to know that Denise's comment "I want to thank James for teaching me something I never thought I'd learn" didn't make any difference to win votes. There's one thing James could never teach her and that's humility - both of them are lacking it. He didn't need to teach her to darnce, she already could.