BB creams

chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
Forum Member
I have read a lot about BB creams recently and thought Id give them a go, I have been looking for a foundation that isn't too cakey but a offers a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.
I bought the loreal one
http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Nude-Magique-BB-Cream_1245131/

it is fantastic! I cant believe how good the product is and how great my skin looks I have to keep looking in the mirror:D

has anyone else tried a BB cream ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been using this for a few months and wouldn't go back to ordinary foundation now. It's lovely stuff IMO. It makes me look sort of airbrushed I think, even when I'm looking fairly tired and ropy.

I used to use Chanel foundation all the time, but I think I'd find it too cakey now.

This is the only BB cream I've tried though. I'd be interested to see if anyone recommends a different brand
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    I've been using this for a few months and wouldn't go back to ordinary foundation now. It's lovely stuff IMO. It makes me look sort of airbrushed I think, even when I'm looking fairly tired and ropy.

I used to use Chanel foundation all the time, but I think I'd find it too cakey now.

This is the only BB cream I've tried though. I'd be interested to see if anyone recommends a different brand

I agree, I've looked grey and drained all week after having a chest infection, my nose is red and sore from wiping so many times, I put this on this morning, first time Id used it and I cant believe how nice it made my skin, the airbrushed look is how to describe it. I looked a million times better !

Is it the loreal one you have used?

has anyone tried a CC cream, Is there a major difference?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I've looked grey and drained all week after having a chest infection, my nose is red and sore from wiping so many times, I put this on this morning, first time Id used it and I cant believe how nice it made my skin, the airbrushed look is how to describe it. I looked a million times better !

Is it the loreal one you have used?

has anyone tried a CC cream, Is there a major difference?

Yes the loreal is the only one I've tried so far. I got a free sample from somewhere and was so impressed I bought a tube. What's a cc cream?
    Forum Member
    Yes the loreal is the only one I've tried so far. I got a free sample from somewhere and was so impressed I bought a tube. What's a cc cream?

lol I know I thought that

http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris-Nude-Magique-CC-Cream-Anti-Redness_1305562/

they look like colour correcting creams?
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I've used several 'Western' BB creams and have been mildly impressed. I prefer them to foundations but they rarely have one pale enough for me.

However, I received a 'proper' Asian BB cream in a make up swap and it was amazing. It was the perfect colour, had excellent coverage, and wasn't at all cakey.
    The downside to these is that they're not easily available (I buy them on eBay) and don't come in many shades.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a free sample when it first come out, I didnt see the appeal but people are raving about it, I think i'll give it another go.. :ohttp://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-BB-Cream-9-in-1-Make-up_1281342/ this one sounds good.
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use one of the Dr Jart ones, I love it! Goes on really nicely. I do love and adore my YSL foundation, but the Dr Jart is my second favourite base I have :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably going to sound daft.. :o but what on earth is bb cream?
    I gather its a form of foundation, based on comments above.. I've never heard of bb cream (nor cc cream did that matter..)
    Forum Member
    I didn't know until about a week ago but I did a bit of research and was surprised. The L'Oréal cream is fantastic I had always used an Avon cream compact foundation as I found a colour I liked it was nice but always felt a bit thick. Ive tried tinted moisturisers but theyve never given enough cover. I tried soap and glory foundation after good reviews it was ok but the bb cream really surprised me. It really is like an airbush cream. Ive always been a person that never gets on with products that get rave reviews but this particular product is pretty good. In fact I can't wait to put it on again tomorrow.
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i tried the loreal one on my hand and it went an awful orange colour. are there any natural looking shades because i did like the texture.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Jart is too orangey for me which is disappointing because I thought they were designed for paler skin tones.

The Dreamgirls one is great, I get that from eBay, it makes my skin glow. The Maybelline Dream Fresh is the best one from the shops that I've tried so far (Garnier one is horrible!), and I want to try the L'Oreal Nude one.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to bump. I've been looking into BB creams as my favourite Nivea moisturiser was discontinued :( I'm currently using Simple's glow boosting one - the kind of yellowy bottle. I did buy Nivea's tinted moisuriser and it was horrendous! So orange and cakey!

Would a BB cream suit me? I like the texture of the Simple moisturiser but could do with a bit more even-ing out now I'm almost the ripe old age of 26 :p

I'd buy one except they're really expensive. Can you get free samples anywhere?
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be so ignorant, what is a BB or CC cream? What do those initials stand for or mean? Thanks.
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just googled it and now know what the initials stand for and what it is supposed to do. Blemish Balm and Colour Corrector. Talking in initials really makes me PO :yawn:
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tried the Superdrug BB cream that was recommended in a Sunday magazine. Great price of £5.99 and was good for even coverage and moisturiser, but after a few hours, it made my eyes sting and water.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just googled it and now know what the initials stand for and what it is supposed to do. Blemish Balm and Colour Corrector. Talking in initials really makes me PO :yawn:

BB creams are basically tinted moisturisers, some people like them because they are supposedly a moisturiser, primer and foundation all in one, though I've never been lucky enough to find one that does all three jobs effectively. They are good for summer though, that's when I'll start using mine again.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump. I've been looking into BB creams as my favourite Nivea moisturiser was discontinued :( I'm currently using Simple's glow boosting one - the kind of yellowy bottle. I did buy Nivea's tinted moisuriser and it was horrendous! So orange and cakey!

Would a BB cream suit me? I like the texture of the Simple moisturiser but could do with a bit more even-ing out now I'm almost the ripe old age of 26 :p

I'd buy one except they're really expensive. Can you get free samples anywhere?

I saw a Simple BB cream in B&M Bargains (don't know if you have them where you are?) for £1.99. That's the cheapest I've seen them anywhere.

I'm 27 and use mine daily because it's a light moisturiser, it evens my skin tone, but doesn't look as though you're wearing any make-up at all. I've had comments about my skin 'glowing'. Plus, because it's a fluid texture it is so quick to apply. Foundation always seems to need a lot of blending. And another thing I like is that the one I use seems more gel-based (just checked - it is gel based) so you can use it on areas where you couldn't normally apply moisturiser, like my nose which can get oily very quickly. It doesn't clog. You don't even know you are wearing it!

I use Maybelline's dream BB. Bought it buy 1 get one half price from Boots, so it worked about £5 a tube. There was another deal before that - 2 products for £7. As soon as they repeat that, I'm stocking up!
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I have found Rimmell's to be very good.

http://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/face/bb-cream

Though it doesn't say so on the site you can also get it in Sainsbury's and they regularly shave £2 or so off the price, from memory this makes it £5.99 instead of £7.99 at current prices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went round boots testing all the bb creams, I remember I found one I liked best out of all of them but couldnt for the life of me remember which one it was so I walked away with none :D