Options

Bond baddie requires henchman

Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
Forum Member
http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20140822-henchman-casting?t=&s=&id=03734

It'll be interesting to see who gets the part. Personally I'd like to see Jason Statham as a Bond villain going head to head with Daniel Craig. Done properly it could be a duel reminiscent of Sean Connery and Robert Shaw in From Russia With Love (one of my all time favourite movie punch ups).

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Robert Shaw was a great actor , the main reason I should have thought as to why his portrayal of Grant is so memorable and iconic.
    Jason Statham isnt , and it laughable to see him and Mr Shaw linked however tenously.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Statham is a joke actor.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Jeez we're not talking Hamlet here only a heavy in a Bond movie.
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd pay good money to see Helen Mirren reimagine Rosa Klebb :).

Cumberbatch could be an interesting villain later in his career. But potential henchman? Got nothing :(
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they'd go for a young villan at some point. There's plenty of young web millionaires these days and one of them could also be a megalomanic psychopath or perhaps a child of one of the previous villains or someone who Bond has killed.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, Kevin Durand would be good for this. He's 6ft 5-or-6" tall.

He has a sad-puppy look, which can be disconcerting as he also seems the type that would strangle you in your sleep.

Then again, he might not be a good choice as he's mostly famous for being a villain, even though he's done many good-guy roles including Mystery Alaska, 3:10 to Yuma, Robin Hood and his current role as a rat catcher in Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan's vampire TV series, The Strain.