I don't have hairy breasts

Comments

• johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Haha fair point...but sometimes you want to listen to light hearted stuff, there's enough doom and gloom in the world.

I just watch Friends or Scrubs on DVD for that :)
  • vintage_girlvintage_girl Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

See, we all have different tastes :) For me Friends is mildly amusing, whereas Scrubs just makes me yawn.
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    I've never listened to Radio 2 :o
    How can the Chris Moyles show depress you? They talk crap for hours and manage to make it funny.

LOL - neatly put, that's why I love the show as well. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I quite like those but prefer the golden oldies.

Butterflies, The Good Life and 2.4 Children for me :)
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i used to like it back in the 90s when they booted out the older djs(even though i liked them too)
    Mark and Lard were class

nowadays it seems to be very dull,lots of talk about what the djs did last night and like at the expense of the music

occasionally you will get a bland record which is "awesome" according to the DJ between the chat usually one tune every 20 minutes.

Give me 6music anyday

i am old but i am sure i listened to better stuff when i was a teen/20s
    Forum Member
    See, we all have different tastes :) For me Friends is mildly amusing, whereas Scrubs just makes me yawn.

I would have said Frasier but I don't have it on DVD. Now, there's a comedy :D
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not listened to it for years. I thought I'd never be like oldies and tire of it! :o

Too much talk not enough songs for me. Thank god for mp3 players!
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I quite like those but prefer the golden oldies.

Butterflies, The Good Life and 2.4 Children for me :)

Only Fools and Horses is still the best sitcom ever for me. I love Men Behaving Badly too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Fools and Horses is still the best sitcom ever for me. I love Men Behaving Badly too.

The Batman episode of OFAH is the most hilarious thing ever along with the pulling teeth episode of MBB... :D

We'll be moved to the tv forum soon if we are not careful ;)
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    The Batman episode of OFAH is the most hilarious thing ever along with the pulling teeth episode of MBB... :D

We'll be moved to the tv forum soon if we are not careful ;)

I find the TV forum quite scary. They are so into analysing every wee thing shown on TV that it sort of sucks the enjoyment out of the whole thing.
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member

Men Behaving Badly is wonderful, I was recently told that I watched it too much - just after I tried to rescue the urinal from the skip outside our local pub. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am part of the radio 1 target audiance and i can't stand it i just listent to the Local radio station where the DJ's are better and the music is not the same old pop/R&B rubbish.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nard Dog wrote: »
    I love the non-listening Moyles haters who know only what the the DM has vomited into their ears

hoho
    I used to listen everyday at work. In fact it was the repulsive Moyles that made me finally switch stations. Couldn't handle any more of his sanctimonious "I'm the saviour of Radio One" tripe. Despite his admirable money-raising for charity that was mentioned earlier, I still find him to be a completely vile specimen.

And do not get me started on that talentless twonk Greg James...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio 1... I'm probably *just* in their target audience but I haven't listened to it since I was 16, and by the sounds of this thread I don't think I'll be tuning back in. I much prefer Radio 2 and Absolute :D

Northsound 1 is horrible, though. I'd almost rather have someone scratching their nails down a blackboard repeated over and over than listen to it. :\
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    starman700 wrote: »
    i used to like it back in the 90s when they booted out the older djs(even though i liked them too)
    Mark and Lard were class

nowadays it seems to be very dull,lots of talk about what the djs did last night and like at the expense of the music

occasionally you will get a bland record which is "awesome" according to the DJ between the chat usually one tune every 20 minutes.

Give me 6music anyday

I couldn't forgive Radio 1 for replacing Mark & Lard with Zoe Ball. It went downhill from there. I didn't mind Moyles at first when he was on in the afternoon but then his nasty side started showing and he surrounded himself with all those bores because he's obviously too lazy to DJ on his own.

6 Music is the only station I listen to now. Radio 2 is too middle of the road for me. I like my Indie music.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    Wave 105 for the win for me. Otherwise it's Radio 2 which I enjoy during the weekdays, or Janice Long. At other times it goes a bit "old" for me. But then again I'm technically about 10 years too young for it.
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio One is the worst radio station by a country mile. Shit music, shit talk, shit presenters, shit, shit, shit.

Worse than shit town FM or Capital? Come on.
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Note12 wrote: »
    Why do the children running the radio 1 show keep repeating "I don't have hairy breasts"?

Its funny but I would prefer children keep repeating the timestables tbh, they have the rest of their lives to listen to tabloid rubbish radio and papers, poor souls
    they have enough on their plates with growing up and exams without having to be forced to listen to and comment on cr ap

its child abuse imo
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have Radio 1 on in the kitchen every day.:o I have no idea why, as some of the presenters do my head in. Especially since they changed it all recently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio One has been on now for about 5 minutes and the phrase I haven't got hairy breasts has been said 5 times.
    I wish the radio would give up the ghost and give me some peace.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must be ten years since i stopped listening to radio one, mouth almighty himself being one of the main reasons. The fact that he's popular doesn't mean he's any good.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Oh god, they just played an awful cover version of an already awful song. The guy singing it was putting on this horrible 'affected' type of voice that just made him sound like a sheep!
  • Nard DogNard Dog Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    It must be ten years since i stopped listening to radio one, mouth almighty himself being one of the main reasons. The fact that he's popular doesn't mean he's any good.

Technically he is one of the most skilful djs broadcasting today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nard Dog wrote: »
    Technically he is one of the most skilful djs broadcasting today.

What is a skilful dj?
  • Nard DogNard Dog Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    What is a skilful dj?

Running the desk, speaking at the correct time, running clips, jingles, beds, promos all whilst speaking and interviewing etc