Nokia Lumia 900 vs Samsung Galaxy Ace vs HTC Desire C

Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
Forum Member
✭✭
My contract is up in the next couple of weeks, I currently have an HTC Wildfire S. I don't really want to 'upgrade' upgrade, but am looking to save some money on the monthly contract.

I really, really like the look of the Nokia Lumia 900 and found a good contract with Tesco mobile, when I phoned my current provider 3 they bamboozled me with similar price deals on Samsung Galaxy Ace & HTC Desire C saying the Nokia had loads of technical issues (they don't supply that model). I know the Nokia is an older model (launched beg 2012), but I'm a bit of a technophile and am not really bothered about having the 'latest' spec.

The nokia had everything I was looking for, and reviews very slightly better than the HTC/Samsung - any experiences/advice from anyone who uses these models?

Comments

• GB-UKGB-UK Posts: 369
    Forum Member
  • poshbakerlooposhbakerloo Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    The Lumia looks 10x better than the others, but its Windows Phone if that matters to you
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lumia 900 for sure.
  • Billy BumblyBilly Bumbly Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    None of them are very good. Have a look at some deals at comparemobiledeals.com. There are some very good deals on the Nokia Lumia 620 and the HTC Desire X. Both can be had for below 15 quid.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Lumia 900 - by miles...900 of them! LOL

Although I would not recommend any if you are buying now as the Ace and HTC C are older/slower AAndroid models and the Lumia 900 runs the older Windows Phone 7 OS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    htc c desire looks nice but the procesors is really weak.. worse then most budget phones.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would be much better off getting a new budget Windows Phone 8 like the 520 or the 620.

Although Tesco are probably trying to get rid of old stock and hence why these phones are being offered to you so cheaply.

If you just want basics then the Lumia 900 is still a solid phone.

Btw, I think you mean technophobe not technophile.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lumia 900 used to be a Nokia's flagship phone shortly, so if it is choosing from these, I'd go for Nokia. I would have a look at new budget Nokia phones though, Lumia 520, 620 with WP8. New apps tend to be WP8 only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was in a very similar situation, likewise with a Wildfire S. I've gone for a Lumia 620 and I love it! I've ended up with a good contract discount too so I'm paying practically the same for it as I was for my wildfire but with far better allowances. I had been hoping to get a cheaper contract to save money but none of the current cheaper phones ticked the boxes.

You can get a 620 free on talkmobile for £12.50 or push your existing supplier a bit harder. They seem more willing to drop on the Windows phones than on androids.
  • Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    You would be much better off getting a new budget Windows Phone 8 like the 520 or the 620.

Although Tesco are probably trying to get rid of old stock and hence why these phones are being offered to you so cheaply.

If you just want basics then the Lumia 900 is still a solid phone.

Btw, I think you mean technophobe not technophile.

BIB - d'oh!!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've decided to go for the Nokia, I've been wanting one for ages and just feel I'd regret it if I went for something else.

I'm shallow, and much prefer the look of the 900 to even the newer 620 :o. The 900 will do fine for me, as long as I can text, phone, check my emails/FB/go online a bit/use the sat nav function occasionally I'm more than happy. Anything more than that in a phone is wasted on me.