Ripper Street

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone know when this is due to start on BBC, or have I missed the boat completely and its already been shown.

Comments

• tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot about this but remember hearing about it now. It sounded good. No idea on an airdate though. I'm guessing between Christmas and New year now.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohh at least I have not missed it... its a good 8 parter as well... so should be excellent.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    ohh at least I have not missed it... its a good 8 parter as well... so should be excellent.

I keep forgetting Ripper Street is an 8-parter. It sounds like the sort of thing that would be a 3-parter.

Won't be on now until the New Year, but I predict it will start in January on either Sundays or Mondays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this. Admittedly I don't know too much regarding the Jack the Ripper case/saga but it'll be interesting to learn nonetheless.

I originally thought it was going to be about "him" and the victims/murders but it's just a backdrop I see. I wonder if the victims will be portrayed or what? The plot seems sketchy from what little I know.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday December 30, BBC1, 2100
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall always think of this by the name it was given by someone on another board when it was first announced - Downtown Stabby
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Sunday December 30, BBC1, 2100

Fantastic news. Have been waiting to watch this since the Beeb advertised it - in August !
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if this new series based on factual crimes? In the wake of the canonical 'Ripper' killings, there were several years of similar gruesome murders which were always attributed (at the time) to Jack, but have since been dismissed by historians as copycat killings.

The Whitehall Mystery.
    The Pinchin Street Torso.
    The murder of John Gill.

It would be good if these oft-forgotten victims get attention - they're usually neglected in favour of the more famous 'canonical five'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this starting Sunday. The second episode clashes with so many things I wanted to watch though! (Mr Selfridge on ITV1 and also the film premiere of 'The Iron lady' on c4).
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    After the dismal Drama's on BBC over the past week, I don't have High Hopes for this and Jerome Flynn is in it.:eek:
  • Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Jerome Flynn just plays Bronn in this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give it a chance guys :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This starts tonight! Anyone else looking forward to it?
  • digimoandigimoan Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    This starts tonight! Anyone else looking forward to it?

Yes - decent telly at last ;) (we hope)
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be giving this a go too. Fingers crossed it'll be good TV.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    After the dismal Drama's on BBC over the past week, I don't have High Hopes for this and
    Jerome Flynn is in it.:eek:

I have never been a fan of his but he has been bloody brilliant in Game Of Thrones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Copper has been great enjoyed it and watched all ten episodes ...hopefully this will be good too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I'll be giving this a go too. Fingers crossed it'll be good TV.

Same here. I've wanted MacFadyen back on TV for years. Plus there's a lot more to the time period than the Ripper murders.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I have never been a fan of his but he has been bloody brilliant in Game Of Thrones.
    He was amazing in GoT....it's just the rest of his CV, that gives me problems....;)

I just hope he doesn't sing in this.....:eek:
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could be the new City Of Vice...very much looking forward to it.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I just hope he doesn't sing in this.....:eek:

If he does I'll be turning off.

I'll never forget 1995 Christmas being trapped in a car with a woman who had just bought their cd and insisted on it being on loop.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love the song in the advert!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any female leads?