apparently out for launch of ps4 , but available on ps3/vita too

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Do you have to be online to play this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im not sure there isnt much info yet, just two tweets from notch and a 5 second announcement from sony at gamesecom
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can probably play offline like you can on xBox, online with friends is great fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can you play like with just friends on xbox , or is it public servers like on pc?
    or can you do both

ive played minecraft a lot on pc , it can be awesome fun
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    You can play the Xbox version offline, or you can play online and set your game to private, otherwise anyone on your friends list can jump in and out of your world as they please if its left open.

There are no public servers/games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am the only one who doesn't get the fuss about Minecraft

You make stuff that is the whole game

If there was a way to create stories as well as locations then maybe it'd be fun

For example you could build some catacombs and then challenge players to escape them before they fill up with water, there really is a huge amount of possible story/objective based things that would be amazing if they included it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I am the only one who doesn't get the fuss about Minecraft

You make stuff that is the whole game

If there was a way to create stories as well as locations then maybe it'd be fun

For example you could build some catacombs and then challenge players to escape them before they fill up with water, there really is a huge amount of possible story/objective based things that would be amazing if they included it

eh....you can do everything you just said
    /gamemode 3 has been in mc for ages and people utilise it for making adventure maps, puzzles, mini games, and probably some catacombs where you are challenged to escape them before they fill up with water,

youtube is full of downloadable worlds, creations etc and there is also tons of fan made minecraft stories
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    You can play the Xbox version offline, or you can play online and set your game to private, otherwise anyone on your friends list can jump in and out of your world as they please if its left open.

There are no public servers/games.

thanks foir answering....1 more if you got time....

you say i can set to private...does that mean i can restrict which friends can access my world, or is it open to all or none
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't this a game that is best suited to the PC?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »

i would probably agree , but im sure it sold over 5million copies on xbox

thats a lotta people who might disagree
    Forum Member
    grps3 wrote: »
    thanks foir answering....1 more if you got time....

you say i can set to private...does that mean i can restrict which friends can access my world, or is it open to all or none

Yes, IIRC its invite only when set to private. So you could then invite any friends you wanted.
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see what level of game we get as compared to the xbox and pc versions.
    Loved playing this on the pc, and still play the odd solo game, but liked it the most on the xbox, as it just worked with the controller for me.
    I used to slate it by calling it the "stupid block game" I was soon hooked though:)
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So is COD and Battlefield and look how many play on console...

I'm really glad MC is now on PS4, it's so much fun when playing with friends. The possibilities are endless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    So is COD and Battlefield and look how many play on console...

I'm really glad MC is now on PS4, it's so much fun when playing with friends. The possibilities are endless.

i wonder if im on ps4 , can my mate join on vita , while we play with someone else on ps3

no real reason why this isnt possible
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eh....you can do everything you just said
    /gamemode 3 has been in mc for ages and people utilise it for making adventure maps, puzzles, mini games, and probably some catacombs where you are challenged to escape them before they fill up with water,

youtube is full of downloadable worlds, creations etc and there is also tons of fan made minecraft stories

Really on the 360 version?

It has a story mode like say little big planet?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

not really,ive got it on three formats (PC,360 and Android)and all three are really good fun to play(even with a touch screen)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder if im on ps4 , can my mate join on vita , while we play with someone else on ps3

no real reason why this isnt possible

cross play would be a great feature :)
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain what the actual point is, if tried it on the iPad, but couldn't really see any point!
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not really,ive got it on three formats (PC,360 and Android)and all three are really good fun to play(even with a touch screen)

That's good to hear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really on the 360 version?

It has a story mode like say little big planet?

no idea about xbox .
    i have only played pc version

the stuff you quoted me as saying is all possible in pc version,
    there is no story mode at all...but you can download custom made adventures/games.

you can also download peoples creations...football stadiums, tourist attractions, just about anything you can think off has been done in minecraft and more
    eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFkepq3Ihsk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCXka2nX-0M

the online community on pc is huge also and their is like a billzillion different servers , some with hundreds of people playing at once
    http://minecraftservers.org/

people also upload theartrical stories onto youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPhCJdLnCdE

the modding scene is also huge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXsRj0NUoEc

minecraft is far from the stupid block game everyone assumes it is .
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to have an imagination and the ability to set your own goals to enjoy Minecraft.

Playing with friends also helps.

"AAA"/shootbang fans need not apply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    You need to have an imagination and the ability to set your own goals to enjoy Minecraft.

Playing with friends also helps.

"AAA"/shootbang fans need not apply.

Now that isn't fair, sure i love my fair share of CoD and Fifa, but then again i enjoy more niche games as well

In fact its elitist comments like this that put me off the game more than anything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that isn't fair, sure i love my fair share of CoD and Fifa, but then again i enjoy more niche games as well

In fact its elitist comments like this that put me off the game more than anything

ignore him,i play COD and i find Minecraft calming and therapeutic

its like you get given a big box of lego and are told to imagine anything and build it
    Forum Member
    its like you get given a big box of lego and are told to imagine anything and build it

I was drunk one night and made a huge statue of Ryu from Street fighter and put a house in him.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    I was drunk one night and made a huge statue of Ryu from Street fighter and put a house in him.:o

thats pretty cool:D