Emailed Xbox live code, anyone bought this

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
Now looking to buy my son Xbox Gold Live for 12 months and when checking out prices there are a couple go sights offering for 28-30 pounds and they send you the code after registering your phone so you can receive a 4 digit code to send back then you get the Xbox code. Just wondering if they are genuine as hadn't heard of it before.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chat wrote: »
    Now looking to buy my son Xbox Gold Live for 12 months and when checking out prices there are a couple go sights offering for 28-30 pounds and they send you the code after registering your phone so you can receive a 4 digit code to send back then you get the Xbox code. Just wondering if they are genuine as hadn't heard of it before.

I'd steer clear. A lot of people get theirs from EBAY as there's some good deals to be had :)
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got 13 months instant code from GAME for £30 not so long ago. Shopto.net are doing the 13 month for £32.99 instant code.

As the previous poster said,probably best to stick to the more well known companies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Thank you, for the sake of 3 or 4 pounds think I will stay safe
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got 13 months instant code from GAME for £30 not so long ago. Shopto.net are doing the 13 month for £32.99 instant code.

As the previous poster said,probably best to stick to the more well known companies.

Ebay is slightly better, i got the same deal for £27. Code arrived instantly through email.
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    I've bought it online from GamingMall.com,with no problems,and Ebay.
    However as others have said,Ebay still tends to be cheaper,or wait until the Gold subscription expires,and you get offered an even cheaper deal on the dashboard.
    I've been offered it for £26 a couple of times or the £1 for one month deal several times on the dashboard.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheapxboxlivecodes.co.uk is a good site
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I use http://www.gamepointsnow.co.uk they are a little more expensive than other sites but they are very reliable and have never let me down... I have used them probably 10 times (xbox live memberships and MS points)
  • unbiasedunbiased Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive always used electronic first, use for psn usa points and xbox live, never had a problem there either, can pay by paypal too which i like
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEVER buy through the console. They will have your card details then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEVER buy through the console. They will have your card details then.

As the other poster said, you can get some good deals for Gold on the dashboard. I got 12 months Gold a few years back for £22.99 and as mentioned you can get offered a months Gold for £1. But I can understand why some people don't want their CC details on their console.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I use gamepointsnow.com they are a really good site and i don't think some of the prices are too bad. The code is always emailed to me instantly. Never had and problems with them. I recommend them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use www.xboxliveuk76.com - cheapest around by far, get the codes within minutes. I've renewed 3 years in a row through this place!
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use www.xboxliveuk76.com - cheapest around by far, get the codes within minutes. I've renewed 3 years in a row through this place!

Same Here!!! :)
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.gamepointsnow.com are good aswell!!! :)