Helen Flanagan posing with gun to head

DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What the hell was she thinking posing with a gun to her head. After what has happened at Sandy Hook, just proves she has no brains.... Stupid stupid girl...

Full Story here.

Comments

• j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Shocked parents in Newtown, Connecticut, where Adam Lanza shot dead 20 children and six school staff, yesterday accused Helen of “brainless stupidity”.

One angry dad, speaking at a shrine to the victims, said: “It’s just ignorant. When the eyes of the world are on what happened here, to be posing with a gun like that is insensitive and stupid.”

This sounds like total nonsense, unless they were specifically asked about the pictures. How would they know who she was?
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Shocked parents in Newtown, Connecticut, where Adam Lanza shot dead 20 children and six school staff, yesterday accused Helen of “brainless stupidity”.

One angry dad, speaking at a shrine to the victims, said: “It’s just ignorant. When the eyes of the world are on what happened here, to be posing with a gun like that is insensitive and stupid.”

This sounds like total nonsense, unless they were specifically asked about the pictures. How would they know who she was?

It was still a very stupid insensitive thing to do.
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »

Some Sun reporter got a mate on a paper in the states to show greiving parents the pic and ask thier opinion. Thats the only logical explanation.
    What else would you expect from tabloid reporters?
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    It was still a very stupid insensitive thing to do.

Yes, it was completely insensitive for the Sun reporter to bring this image to the attention of grieving parents. Does he/she also go around showing pictures of dead cats to people who have just had a pet put down too?
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was so wrong for Helen Flanagan to pose with the gun, then wouldn't it be wrong for The Sun to publish the picture?

After all they're the media, they are the oxygen supply to all controversy and furore.
    If they print the picture in a news article then they release the image to the public which will probably be seen by even more people than when Helen posted it on Twitter. Especially if they're making it the news.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To go and show a picture of a Manchester actress to the American parents is just ridiculous anyway,leave them to grieve for gods sake,The Sun should go the same way as the Shite of the world, i loathe the paper and all it stands for.Whose to say when the picture was took anyway,Helen Flannagan is a two bit no mark,it,s not like a world leader has done it.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The photo now features in more UK newspapers.

And on SKY News, front pages of papers.

But not shown on BBC Breakfast front pages of papers.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she thick or what...Don't answer that ( Yes )
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never knew she conquered America for them to all know who she is or even care what she puts online. I thought she was just someone who used to be on tv a few minutes a week ages ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm not really sure who those people think they are to call her ignorant. Are they not aware of the people who die every single day due to guns? Only now it has happened in their town this time that they have suddenly taken an interest.

They should either always have a problem with it or not at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Even though I'm sure this photo was taken before the tragedy in Connecticut, it does not detract from the fact she is a prat. Why would you want to be the focus of a picture like that for? Is there nothing she wouldn't do for publicity?
    That said, The Sun shouldn't be going round doorstepping grieving parents about this waste of oxygen, either.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flanagan is a brainless idiot who should have her social networking accounts cancelled. A three year old would have had more sense. Time she spent some of her easy gained money on getting advice on how an adult behaves.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like a professional photo, I wouldn't imagine it was taken in the last 5 days. So not *as* insensitive on her part as it might seem? Personally I think posing with a gun is a bit revolting at any time, but she probably had this pic taken before the tragedy on Friday.

It is the papers, in choosing to print the image now, who are the insensitive @rseholes, IMO. And then to show it to people whose lives have been wrecked in such a way, makes them King of the Insensitive @rseholes.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does say the picture was originally published from a Photoshoot done in October.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Around the same time Madonna was on stage playing with her guns.

Madonna & Guns: Denver Concert Begins With Fake Gunplay, Angering Fans (UPDATED)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although it's certainly morally questionable that the Sun decided to show the picture to grieving townspeople, the stupid moron still decided to tweet it after the shootings.

She's a brainless idiot. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »
    It looks like a professional photo, I wouldn't imagine it was taken in the last 5 days. So not *as* insensitive on her part as it might seem? Personally I think posing with a gun is a bit revolting at any time, but she probably had this pic taken before the tragedy on Friday.

It is the papers, in choosing to print the image now, who are the insensitive @rseholes, IMO. And then to show it to people whose lives have been wrecked in such a way, makes them King of the Insensitive @rseholes.

It was taken before, but Helen put it on twitter on Monday. Her excuse? She was hungover.

There really should be an IQ test before celebs are allowed to open a social networking account.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Someone died in a car crash last week.

I still took a picture of me next to my car yesterday.

Hang me.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Around the same time Madonna was on stage playing with her guns.

Madonna & Guns: Denver Concert Begins With Fake Gunplay, Angering Fans (UPDATED)
    That picture with her saluting reminded me of Benny Hill's Fred Scuttle ..:D
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    so the pictures were taken in October. have we seen the tweet? was it in reference to the shootings or something else?

There is no reason why the US parents would know. the person that offended them is the person that asked them about it. imagine that making them aware of something upsetting, just to get a reaction.

all references to guns must be banned for what a week?
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is rather stupid that was proven in the jungle. I think she is also very insular and has no clue what is going on around her in the world. She does not strike me as the sort that watches or takes notice of world events. She posted this pic either in complete ignorance or complete stupidity, not sure which is worse.

The Sun have then taken it and shown it to grieving parents? how low can you go.:sleep:
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    esfa wrote: »
    Someone died in a car crash last week.

I still took a picture of me next to my car yesterday.

Hang me.

Tell that to the grieving parents.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Its not a new photo and why the hell did our newspapers think it was appropriate to fly all the way to USA to show grieving families the photo?
  • You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Not everyone should or is going to stop doing things because of a tragedy that doesn't directly affect them. Nobody has a right to pass judgment on her for posting a picture on her own page. She probably didn't know some journalist was going to wave it in the faces of grieving parents for the sake of a trashy headline.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Stupid, but not worth the false outrage.