Vampire Diaries - Anyone else getting bored of it?

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Are you me? Because I had this same rant at my sis just last night:D

*hi-fives a fellow Klaus hater*

Me too.

The character really has derailed the show.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it seems the overall consensus is that Klaus is the main reason for why people aren't enjoying the show anymore so I'm wondering if him leaving to do the originals show will help improve the show or not? I'm not sure it will be we can only hope it does!!
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion is the show was best in season one when the vampires were only known about from the founding families and Elena was just getting to know the Salvatores. The series progressed with lots of cliffhangers, genuinely couldn't wait for each new episode (I was late liking it so I'd bought the boxset and watched them at once!) and not a lot of supernatural beings.

A lot of the show focused on that typical teenager friendship between Elena, Caroline and Bonnie. To get back to being awesome again they need to tie it in with the fact it is kinda a teen drama, they don't need to kill someone every week and they don't need all this cures/original/Klaus stuff to be entertaining. More Elena without Stefan and Damon, and more Damon being all bad brother again and hating everyone. He's had a personality transplant!

All these extras like the originals/Professor Shane/werewolves are ruining the show IMO.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    So it seems the overall consensus is that Klaus is the main reason for why people aren't enjoying the show anymore so I'm wondering if him leaving to do the originals show will help improve the show or not? I'm not sure it will be we can only hope it does!!

For me, Klaus leaving Mystic Falls and the show coming up with new villains (and not just vampire ones) will do it the world of good at the moment.

Again, look at True Blood and Buffy's season Big Bad approach and how well it's worked/is working for them.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the best episode of this season was that very early one without a single Original, where they were all stuck in the church with the first Hunter. It was filled with genuinely out of left field moments and it was only at the end that I remembered the Originals even existed.

Alas, they came back to moan about their lot the very next week:(

Maybe we should have an Anti-Originals thread *l*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the best episode of this season was that very early one without a single Original, where they were all stuck in the church with the first Hunter. It was filled with genuinely out of left field moments and it was only at the end that I remembered the Originals even existed.

Alas, they came back to moan about their lot the very next week:(

Maybe we should have an Anti-Originals thread *l*

The one where Elena fed from Matt for the first time? See my best friend says the episode where Damon and Elena finally get together is the best one, but for me it was an anti-climax as it was the whole sire thing bringing them together, not because she wants to be with him.

I honestly can't remember the episodes I've seen from this series, I remember parts of them and that's all. Nothing has stood out for me since Series 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I honestly can't remember the episodes I've seen from this series, I remember parts of them and that's all. Nothing has stood out for me since Series 2.

me either I can't really remember many of the storylines from this season apart from Elena becoming a vampire & her & Damon getting together!!
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope The Originals is successful because I really don't want Klaus back in Mystic Falls. Imagine if TVD improves in the next season but The Originals flops and they bring Klaus back!:eek:
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Interesting reading this thread. I thought I was the only one bored by TVD at the moment. I watch but am normally doing something else at the same time so really couldn't tell you what's going on half the time. I think its purely habit that keeps me tuning in now rather than anything else.

Like some on here I'm definitely preferring Beauty and the Beast. Although if I had to choose a favourite show on TV at the moment it would be The Walking Dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    The dynamics between Stefan and Elena were used to draw interest in their love for eachother and Damon was the outsider.Now that Damon is the new love we have not yet seen the dynamics of this couple, the couple seemed to be torn apart at every episode. I would love to see if their chemistry lives upto the hype.. The cure is taking way too much airtime..Most/some
    viewers has been waiting for Delena and now they just left feeling deflated.. The writer needs to get her arse into gears otherwise people will switch off. Rebbeca /Stefan is like Stefan taking distraction time out (Elena).
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tuned in on tuesday (is that when its on ITV2? see, Im not even sure what days its on now!!) and had absolutely NO IDEA what was going on!!! I guess I have missed a huge chunk but goodness knows when as it went of air here in the UK - I watched last weeks too and again, wasnt overly sure what was going on but yes, I was bored!!!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves hand in the air* - Im another one thats getting bored with it.

I have watched religiously since episode one, but i missed the first episode the other week and i wasn't too concerned. I have started to drift when its on. Plus, i get a little confused by who is who. I can't yet put a face to a name in some instances.

I think there are too many characters. I prefered the first two seasons as the majority of Mystic Falls were normal folk with a few scattered vampires thrown in. Now the whole town is either a Vampire / Wolf and its gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

I will watch the next couple of episodes just so I can lust after Damon ... and i will see what happens after that.

Oh, and another thing. I have never been a fan of Elena. I hate the way she sighs before saying anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope The Originals is successful because I really don't want Klaus back in Mystic Falls. Imagine if TVD improves in the next season but The Originals flops and they bring Klaus back!:eek:

Oh god that would be a nightmare but I can see it happening as it seems Julie Plec is obsessed with Klaus :mad:
  • LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohh i love klaus and he is the best thing about vd. its at its best when he is in it. I think the worst thing about the show has got to be Bonnie. Super boring!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping so much they don't do an Elena gets pregnant/who's the father/will it be a vampire/new doppleganger storyline. That for me would kill the show.

Klaus needs to go, he's boring and I hate the way he says love on the end of everything! Find a way to bring Alaric back, involve the school more, the founding families, the girl who's vicar dad died in the explosion....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping so much they don't do an Elena gets pregnant/who's the father/will it be a vampire/new doppleganger storyline. That for me would kill the show.

I wonder if in this universe vampires can father children cos in all the other vampire shows I've watched they can't?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if in this universe vampires can father children cos in all the other vampire shows I've watched they can't?

In my opinion I think they'd be able to. I just seriously hope this never happens!
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member

Klaus needs to go, he's boring and I hate the way he says love on the end of everything! Find a way to bring Alaric back, involve the school more, the founding families, the girl who's vicar dad died in the explosion....

Can vampires even get pregnant?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can vampires even get pregnant?

Who knows? I do know though that the strangest things happen in Vampire Diaries. Who knew about dopplegangers and hybrids before this show? I'm sure they would do it to be different
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

Actually, Angel fathered a child with Darla. Although that was certainly not the norm for vampires!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edward Cullen fathered a child when Bella was still human too. So I think it could happen in the show. But if it does that is just going to make it a million times worse!

They need to get back to basics and focus on the human aspect of things now, clear the town out of all these subplot hybrids/werewolves and go back to Damon and Stefan. Even the vampire hunter storyline completely lost my interest, and I'm a huge fan of Jeremy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I have to agree. And its so sad as this used to be/kind of still is my favorite show!
    My issues are as follows:
    Elena is the most boring vampire ever! Jesus christ, she needs to go on a killing spree or something!
    Writer Bias? (What do you guys think). I feel that the writers only want Elena and Stefan to be together. I was looking forward to seeing how Elena and Damon worked but then they throw in the stupid sire bond storyline which as far as I can see there is no way around.
    Klaus - Love his character but I agree that he should leave now (not be killed off!)
    Too much death - Stop killing characters!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    breakeven wrote: »
    I have to agree. And its so sad as this used to be/kind of still is my favorite show!
    My issues are as follows:
    Elena is the most boring vampire ever! Jesus christ, she needs to go on a killing spree or something!
    Writer Bias? (What do you guys think). I feel that the writers only want Elena and Stefan to be together. I was looking forward to seeing how Elena and Damon worked but then they throw in the stupid sire bond storyline which as far as I can see there is no way around.
    Klaus - Love his character but I agree that he should leave now (not be killed off!)
    Too much death - Stop killing characters!

I even want Elena and Stefan to be together, I think I'm one of the only people that ever wanted that! But any sort of thing between Elena and Damon was ruined when they tainted it with the sire bond, proving that she doesn't really want to be with him.

Klaus will go to New Orleans or wherever it is never to be seen again hopefully. I found Kol much more fascinating than him (admittedly the only time I remember him was being smug to Damon at the party). I'd stop killing people, I mean the Gilbert mausoleum must be full now!
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Too much killing off for shock value, probably the worst show around for that.
    And the love triangle thing is where I feel the writers have gone wrong the most. As I posted earlier shows need to take into account how actors interact with each other. At the beginning in season 1 the Elena Stefan romance was sweet, but by the end of season 1 there was mega chemistry with Elena and Damon and no surprise the two actors are together, that chemistry needs to be used, you cant just stick with a pre-ordained plan all the time. Sometimes casting does not work how it should, look at Arrow and the black hole that is supposed to be chemistry between the two leads.

They could take a page from Lost Girl on how to work with what you have (and listen to the fans). Get rid of the sire bond!

Oh.. and bring back Alaric!
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Oh.. and bring back Alaric!

He's never coming back. He's already in another show :(

They need to reset the show. Make Elena human again and get back to basics...