Minecraft HDTV and split screen

LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought my son and daughter an HDTV to play split screen minecraft on but it doesn't work...ny ideas? I've put I on widescreen, logged into live I dunno what I'm doing wrong it will not work it's ot an hdmi cable but I dunno....it hd ready f that makes a difference. :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your xbox needs to be outputting an HD signal for it to work.

You need to connect to your HDTV with an HDMI cable. If your Xbox came with componant leads (red, green and blue plugs) they will work too if your TV has the correct sockets.

Then go into settings and set the screen display to 720p, 1080i or 1080p, whichever suits your HDTV the best.

Then, when you play the game you should be able to choose the split screen mode.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what way does it not work?

Like fastest finger said, connect HDMI from TV to xbox.

Go to system settings-->console settings--->display--->HDTV--> and pick the setting that suits your tv best 720 1080i or 1080p.

If you cannot get any picture look for HDMI as the input on your tv.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what way does it not work?.

Minecraft has a split screen multiplayer mode, but it is only available when the Xbox is outputting HD. The OP is halfway there by having an HDTV, but needs to connect it with an HD capable cable, and set the Xbox to an HD resolution.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorted it ...the settings were automatic and wouldnt lep me change to 1080i had to change it in standard and then change to hdmi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Minecraft, so do your PC and HDTV both have HDMI?