Did they ever record any TV stows near where you live

Comments

• KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new BBC show Blandings was filmed just beside my hometown at Crom Castle...and the pub scenes were filmed in our local Enniskillen pub Blakes...the oldest pub in Ireland...which is why it was chosen. The stars were mostly friendly to the locals and many people enjoyed watching the programme being made.

We have featured on several Songs of Praise also...one was a big Christmas episode a couple of years ago.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Steel River Blues was filmed in the area I live.
  • Daisychain21Daisychain21 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    When I was really young ,early 70s I lived in kings Norton in birmingham there was a programme called kids from 47a about 4 kids who had to fend for themselves whilst their mom was in hospital.
    Also around the same area a few years later was Boon with Michael Elphick and Neil Morrissey.
    Doctors ,now there has been a few episodes by where I live.
    My mom had a pub in Warwickshire and Dangerfield was filmed round there on numerous occasions and I think his name was Nigel la Vailiant who actually played (I think the first Dangerfield Nigel Havers went on to proceed him) used to frequent her pub .
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Holmfirth, home to Last of the Summer Wine.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Loads of Ripper Street is filmed near where I work in Dublin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Open all hours was filmed round the corner from my house ,we used to watch them filming it :0)
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have filmed it in Stamford, but I doubt if they did.
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Breakfast. Someone on my estate won a competition to have The Big Breakfast filmed in their house and garden. We got letters through to door to invite us along and to say they may knock on our doors to play games.

The brass band woke me up at 6am as they were playing outside, warming up for the start of the show.
  • marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    Ah, you used to live in Wanstead, then!

I hope they didn't demolish Wanstead Hospital when they converted it into flats. I'm sure it's a listed building, anyway.

Hospital building still there just carved up in to flats!

The Chapel is still intact and, I think, still used :)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horse racing from Epsom Downs.

Where else would they shoot it?
  • BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Steptoe & son was set in my Granddad's house in London.
  • marysvevomarysvevo Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    andy-i wrote: »
    "Last tango in Halifax" was filmed around Calderdale but I cant remember any scenes that were actually filmed in Halifax town center!

They filmed the 2 "Skipton" car parks in Hebden Bridge very close to were I work.

And "Southowram Hall" doesn't exist. It was filmed in Shibden Hall which as been used for a few TV show IIRC.

I'm not sure where the farm was though. Would love to know if anyone else recognised the location.

I seem to remember reading on the LTIH thread that the farm house actually belonged to the dad of one of the posters on there. I'll see if I can find the thread later.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I litterally bumped in to the TARDIS last year in.my local cemetery!
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in same town that makes Eastenders, Millionaire, Big Brother, Dancing on Ice and loads of others. In its heyday, there was Star Wars, Indiana Jones and the Tweenies!!
  • marysvevomarysvevo Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    marysvevo wrote: »
    I seem to remember reading on the LTIH thread that the farm house actually belonged to the dad of one of the posters on there. I'll see if I can find the thread later.

Found it!
    Loubychew wrote: »
    The farm scenes, inside and out were filmed at my Dad's house in Rochdale. They used his sheep and tractors etc and let him keep the hens!
  • PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midsommer Murders. They have filmed in lane I live in, and have used our house.

A neighbours house was also used in some film a few years ago when they shot a scene where a car drew up, a bloke got out carrying a shotgun. went through the door there was a shot and then 2 naked girls came running out screaming. I missed the first take, but luckily they did about 6 retakes:)
  • Object ZObject Z Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago..

BBC - Made a series about the samaritans (called The Befrienders, I think) in the house opposite mine
    ITV Yorkshire filmed Johnny Go Home documentary.
    ITC filmed some of The Persuaders in Osterley Park
    More recently...The AA filmed one of there adverts on the cross roads by my house. ;-)
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The county where I used to live, and where my parents still live is both close to London, and also beatiful countryside so quite a lot has been filmed around and about,
    A few off my head

Parts of Band Of Brothers were filmed in the disused aerospace, which has now been turned into a business park, used to be very cool to go past the site, and see look out towers and trenches.

The latest Sun advert was filmed in the town(which says a lot about the town, the Guardian would def not film there)

Grange Hill was filmed at the bus stop in my village, and the swimming pool in my nans town was used in another episode

Simon Peggs latest movie The World's End, parts of it were filmed in another town near me, much nicer than the Sun advert town

On Little Britain, series 2 I think, on the extras segment on the dvd, they have a clip where they are in a transport cafe, and that was filmed at the end of my road

Miss Marples The Chimmneys was filmed at my local church

That's all I can think of at the moment
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Waterloo Road use one of the ground floor flats in this building from time to time.

Annoying when the hallway is full of cameras and stuff :)
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    I live in Holmfirth, home to Last of the Summer Wine.

Lucky you, love it there, my mum and I went there last year, surrounded by beautiful countryside, love one shop, the one with Mill on the end? which looks like it is stuck in time :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I live in Pinner and they have filmed...The Inbetweeners, Murder in Suburbia, May to December, and unfortunately the latest go compare ad (with the black hole) was shot here last year! I wished I had a baseball bat at the time :)
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,141
    Forum Member
    The Paradise was filmed in my neck of the woods.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have often wondered where those four houses were. Each of the Beatles walked into a different house and then inside it was all one big house. Obviously there weren't really like that inside. Is it somewhere in London? I believe a lot of the film was made near to Pinewood Studios but I may be wrong.
    Twickenham Studios and the avenue where the four houses are is Ailsa Avenue, St. Margarets, Twickenham.....about a ten minute walk from the Studios.

Pete Townshend lives fairly nearby too and when at my sons last year I asked him to drive me up to his house so I could take a photo of it. Just as I was getting out of my sons car, the front door opened and out walked Pete Townshend......as I frantically fumbled to switch my camera on! :rolleyes:

I shouted across the road to him but he didn't hear me.......for those who don't know, he's practically deaf now.
  • xDannyxDanny Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phoenix Nights, Max & Paddy Road to Nowhere was filmed in and around Bolton
    I believe a few episodes of Life on Mars have been filmed around here too, and a few episodes of Corrie.

Fresh Meat was filmed at my uni & regularly used my union bar
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a student at Balls Park College of Education in Hertford, which has been used for a great many TV and film locations, including Young Victoria, Amazing Grace, The Golden Compass, Foyle's War, The Inspector Linley Mysteries, Bleak House and Wild Child.