Coach Trip 2013./2014

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I liked it when we saw something of the places they visited. Now they go somewhere like Nice and we don't see anything of it, just the coachees playing tennis.

The actiivites are the downfall of many a coachee. Rav was a victim of the archery activity. First day on the coach and he has the audacity to win the archery. The Neanderthal men on the coach must has felt emasculated and mugged off. Then at the Alhambra Palace he is actually interested. Cultured and good at sport? Vote him off.

I'd agree with this, towards the end of our stay on the Coach I was feeling somewhat frustrated that we were being herded from activity to activity with no chance for seeing the place we were in. Unfortunately that is the way the programme seems to be going; its being dumbed down. But no complaints, I guessed what it would be like before I went on and knew what I was signing up for.

One place I was most envious of the others for visiting was the Egyptology Museum in Turin. As I read Ancient Studies (archaeology/Egyptology/Classics) at university I'd have been far more interested in trying to translate the hieroglyphs than wrapping my travel buddy in loo roll though. I suspect I would have got lots of votes for being a smartarse so maybe its just as well. :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Edit: I think 'Paul' is Elv...?

Think you might be right Susie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Good news. Episode 30 has been uploaded to 4oD:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Phew! Thank the lord for that!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel for Darren and James, who were also on the show since the beginning, and left with nothing.

Emily and Annabelle said on the final episode, they were gonna give there mum I think the ticket for the Coach Trip, as they couldn't imagine going on another one, without Brendan I think they said I could be wrong.

Maybe they could have been shown offering the boys the ticket

Er.... no they didn't. They left with 30 days of memories and experiences. They're unlikely to get to do some of those activites ever again. I dount even money would buy some of the activities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew! Thank the lord for that!!!

I was beginning to strees about it.... ;-)
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All for attention seeking purposes. Young girls playing the dumb card seems to be a common trend on reality tv shows. Jade started it all those years ago and many have followed. I don't believe for a second they are that uneducated.

Im sure it wont be long before the blonde bint is in Nuts or the like
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkid wrote: »
    Im sure it wont be long before the blonde bint is in Nuts or the like

I think she'll need to lose a few pounds first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan was spot on about sex change Nicole. She wasn't interested in getting to know the group, she just wanted everyone to get to know her. It was all about Nicole. She couldn't wait to tell them all she was a model pretty much the second she got on the bus. Completely up her own arse.
  • flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan was spot on about sex change Nicole. She wasn't interested in getting to know the group, she just wanted everyone to get to know her. It was all about Nicole. She couldn't wait to tell them all she was a model pretty much the second she got on the bus. Completely up her own arse.

Agree with you there. Nicole was by far one of the most dislikable people from this series. A model with an attitude, and while that sounds like a negative stereotype, most of them have rancid personalities.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's still not been uploaded to the Virgin Media service >:(

I've just reported it as I prefer to watch it on the TV :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with you there. Nicole was by far one of the most dislikable people from this series. A model with an attitude, and while that sounds like a negative stereotype, most of them have rancid personalities.

Personally, I thought she was OK. Yes, she didnt stay long and was rather outspoken and outgoing whilst she was on there. And yes, she was probably on the show for her own personal gain, however, I didnt think she one of the most dislikeable people on there. For a start, she wasnt really on there long enough! lol
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I thought she was OK. Yes, she didnt stay long and was rather outspoken and outgoing whilst she was on there. And yes, she was probably on the show for her own personal gain, however, I didnt think she one of the most dislikeable people on there. For a start, she wasnt really on there long enough! lol

I think fly really took agin her. I replied to one of his earlier comments about Nicole on the same lines. She was very confident and a bit attention-seeking, but I've seen many coach trippers much more dislikeable than her. I'd still like to know what exactly happened which caused her to leave as I'm sure we've not had the full story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think fly really took agin her. I replied to one of his earlier comments about Nicole on the same lines. She was very confident and a bit attention-seeking, but I've seen many coach trippers much more dislikeable than her. I'd still like to know what exactly happened which caused her to leave as I'm sure we've not had the full story.

He had probably had enough. It was clear Nicole had dragged him onto the show. At no point did he seem relaxed and at ease with the experience.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched the final episode now - interesting that Brendan said it was a friendly and good natured group. The editing showed a much more mean spirited bunch.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m about halfway through the rewatch and my favourites are James and Darren. The girls are okay apart from the dimbo act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I've watched the final episode now - interesting that Brendan said it was a friendly and good natured group. The editing showed a much more mean spirited bunch.

That's the trouble with editing, you don't get to see what really goes on.

Had to laugh at Ian for bigging himself up for weeks on twitter before his appearance on the coach about his 'explosive' arrival only to piss everyone off and get booted off.

Perhaps he was hoping they'd show the row he had with Darren and James but that's up to him to explain that one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    That's the trouble with editing, you don't get to see what really goes on.

Had to laugh at Ian for bigging himself up for weeks on twitter before his appearance on the coach about his 'explosive' arrival only to piss everyone off and get booted off.

Perhaps he was hoping they'd show the row he had with Darren and James but that's up to him to explain that one

Erm... Ok... Point one: we wern't allowed to "Big Ourselves Up" as you put it as we were under strict ordrs from the production company NOT to post anything until we'd been aired, which I'm pleased to say I followed.
    Point two: I've NEVER had any argument with Darren and James EVER!
    Not sure where you are getting your facts but please refrain from misquoting in an atempt to stir things.
    I'm happy to chat on any level about the show but not if you just want to bring attention to yourself ;)

Ian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Erm... Ok... Point one: we wern't allowed to "Big Ourselves Up" as you put it as we were under strict ordrs from the production company NOT to post anything until we'd been aired, which I'm pleased to say I followed.
    Point two: I've NEVER had any argument with Darren and James EVER!
    Not sure where you are getting your facts but please refrain from misquoting in an atempt to stir things.
    I'm happy to chat on any level about the show but not if you just want to bring attention to yourself ;)

Ian

Hi Ian

I do think I remember you saying the week you appeared was an explosive one. It just all seemed pretty tame, usual stuff with the "oldies" ganging up on newbies. I hate the way they don't give people a chance but actually thought the treatment of Zach and Ravinder was a lot worse as they seemed to be demonised just for being interested in the culture rather than the silly stuff.
    Forum Member
    AnnieKelly wrote: »
    Hi Ian

I do think I remember you saying the week you appeared was an explosive one. It just all seemed pretty tame, usual stuff with the "oldies" ganging up on newbies. I hate the way they don't give people a chance but actually thought the treatment of Zach and Ravinder was a lot worse as they seemed to be demonised just for being interested in the culture rather than the silly stuff.

Very true, but must point out that I just said it got better from that point and never refered to myself but rather the show getting better, which I think it did.... didn't it?
    I was made aware by the others that it all kicked off after we left and would make great TV.
    I thought the Penelope flare up was great viewing, maybe I'm wrong but hey ;)
    tbh I'd never seen the show before I was on it and found it rather interesting.
    I've since become a fan of the show and really enjoy the format.

Ian
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tbh I'd never seen the show before I was on it and found it rather interesting.
    I've since become a fan of the show and really enjoy the format.

Ian

You should stay and post when the next series is on! It will be interesting from your point of view seeing it as just a viewer (like us), rather than a participant....:)
    Forum Member
    You should stay and post when the next series is on! It will be interesting from your point of view seeing it as just a viewer (like us), rather than a participant....:)

Thanks BG I might..., it's difficult for people to understand the situation we were all under and almost every bit is edited to look different to prevoke a viewers reaction.
    I think the show could have shown others in a very bad light but I think they got off lucky lol ;)
    It does seem tho that some take this show way too seriously and think it spoils it for the true fans.. :)

Ian x
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t as just a viewer (like us), rather than a participant....:)

did your nose just get bigger there? :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks BG I might..., it's difficult for people to understand the situation we were all under and almost every bit is edited to look different to prevoke a viewers reaction.
    I think the show could have shown others in a very bad light but I think they got off lucky lol ;)
    It does seem tho that some take this show way too seriously and think it spoils it for the true fans.. :)

Ian x

I dont think the viewers will ever get to see the "real" situation/background/history etc. on an issue, because we never get to see it shown. The production crew decide what they want us to see and they know exactly which way the viewers will go....they'll either hate you or love you.
    did your nose just get bigger there? :p:D

Aaah but I AM a viewer nowadays :D