The Saturdays announce new album!

AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151798353521544&set=a.418477051543.192591.14110526543&type=1&theater

The new album "Living For The Weekend" is out October 14th and will feature 12 songs:

1. What About Us
2. Disco Love
3. Gentleman
4. Leave a Light On
5. Not Giving Up
6. Lease My Love
7. 30 Days
8. Anywhere With You
9. Problem With Love
10. You Don't Have The Right
11. Don't Let Me Dance Alone
12. Somebody Else's Life

Can't wait!

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,917
    Forum Member
    I like the album title :)

I'm looking forward to hearing it. I hope that I like it more than On Your Radar.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the title and new look and loving Disco Love a bit diasspointed only 8 new songsd and 4 previos singles but overall looking forward.
    Forum Member
    If they've released 4 singles already that doesn't leave very much time, does it? Normally only 2 singles are released before an album and then maybe a 3rd and 4th
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    If they've released 4 singles already that doesn't leave very much time, does it? Normally only 2 singles are released before an album and then maybe a 3rd and 4th

Yeah there are 4 singles on there already somaybe two more or if successful thy may milk it for more or there could be a deluxe version :)
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album art looks like every single one their single art works. Besides that though I'm very excited. I'm also really happy 30 days is on there :D
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yeah there are 4 singles on there already somaybe two more or if successful thy may milk it for more or there could be a deluxe version :)

I can see that happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see that happening.

It doesn't bode well though they abandoned OYR after 3 singles and Wordshaker after 2 maybe they are thinking release the singles before see how the album does and either drop the campaign start again or continue with it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I like the title and I'm looking forward to it. Shame it's only 12 songs and 4 singles but even so. It means my college year is more complete :D
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this :D I was really worried it would be pushed back to next year. I want a deluxe though, seeing as we've heard like half those songs before (if you include the Priscilla Renea demo of Lease My Love and the acoustic of Somebody Else's Life).
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've announced a deluxe version, pretty crappy tbh, Wildfire (b-side to Gentleman) will be on there as well as about six remixes. Not really what I call a deluxe but oh well. It also looks like that version will only be available via their website.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, that's a bit rubbish. I already have Wildfire on CD and I'm not interested in remixes. Never mind... it should still be an amazing album.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    They've announced a deluxe version, pretty crappy tbh, Wildfire (b-side to Gentleman) will be on there as well as about six remixes. Not really what I call a deluxe but oh well. It also looks like that version will only be available via their website.

That's not very good. I think I'll stick with the standard version. I already have Wildfire and I'm not really interested in the remixes. When will it be available for pre-order on iTunes?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not very good. I think I'll stick with the standard version. I already have Wildfire and I'm not really interested in the remixes. When will it be available for pre-order on iTunes?

Not sure, they've put all physicals up for pre-order, I imagine within the next few days for itunes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to hear the full versions of 'Not Giving Up' and 'Lease My Love' .. it's a little weird that 30 days is on the album though. That seems like it was released ages ago.. two of The Saturdays have been pregnant since then! :o
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to hear the full versions of 'Not Giving Up' and 'Lease My Love' .. it's a little weird that 30 days is on the album though. That seems like it was released ages ago.. two of The Saturdays have been pregnant since then! :o

They probably had to put it on there. I still think 30 Days was a strange release. What was the purpose of it exactly? Some say it was a buzz single to keep the name active in the UK while they went off to the States but I don't know if that's true.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How quaint for an act to release four singles before dropping the album....feels like I'm back in the 90's again:)
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody Else's Life! LIke that song :)
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the title at all and 12 tracks with 4 singles is a little disappointing... but all of those singles are great so hopefully it bodes well for the rest of the album!
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Not sure, they've put all physicals up for pre-order, I imagine within the next few days for itunes.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    "Lease My Love":

It's not often you hear someone in the UK use the word 'lease'. You'd normally say that you're 'lending' someone something rather than 'leasing' it. The recipient would say they were 'renting' or 'borrowing'.

Also, "Living For The Weekend" is a terrible album title.
    Forum Member
    "Lease My Love":

It's not often you hear someone in the UK use the word 'lease'. You'd normally say that you're 'lending' someone something rather than 'leasing' it. The recipient would say they were 'renting' or 'borrowing'.

It's used in some areas of law and in business/accountancy. I did English Land Law last year and the term lease came up a lot. I also heard the term in International Business Law and Company Law. My undergrad degree was business and the term came up in Accounting.
    Forum Member
    "Lease My Love":

I think that they've been working with US writers which explains the use of the word "Lease" over "lend" :)
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that they've been working with US writers which explains the use of the word "Lease" over "lend" :)

Lease My Love is written by Rodney " Darkchild" Jerkins and Priscilla Renea, both US writers and producers, should be good as he's did amazing stuff with Britney, Beyonce even Whitney Houston and I think Priscilla, who also wrote gentleman has done some if Rihanna's stuff so it should be a great song, going by their previous work.
    Forum Member
    Still not up on iTunes for pre-order yet. Silly really because Disco Love is already up and this is coming out a week later!
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not hearing Disco Love much on TV, Radio, do we reckon this will fare worse than Gentlemen? I really hope not! Either way im glad we are getting another album