Fall of the Eleventh?

ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Reference to the end of Matt Smith's incarnation? Presumably also the episode he tells River his real name at the real "wedding of River Song"? Not sure the one in a fake timeline where he says "look into my eye" counted.

Comments

• sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what does fall of the eleventh mean?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    The Fall of the Eleventh?
    "I got drunk and I fell over a brick"

To be fair, it's not just Matt's Doctor I can hear saying that line. Nine could pull it off too if you add a "That's right...." to the beginning. Ten could do it, but you'd have to add an elongated "Yeaaaaah..." to the start :D
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat seems to have intentionally subverted some of the recurring tropes from the RTD era in his run so far. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Fall of the Eleventh" is an intentioal misdirection, as it sounds like the foreshadowing that Ten got about his impending death/regeneration.

It could well be intended to make us all assume we are heading towards a regeneration, when in fact it turns out to be something else.
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the idea that at the end of series 7 the doctor finds out it was a mispronunciation, and it actually states 'the fourth and the eleventh', and with that an unmistakeable great booming voice from behind.......

'Jelly Baby?'

Roll Credits.

There you go Moff, you can have that one for free me old son. :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I took it at first it meaning something like 'the eleventh hour', and the fall of the eleventh indicating something going down at noon or midnight? Long shot..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I love the idea that at the end of series 7 the doctor finds out it was a mispronunciation, and it actually states 'the fourth and the eleventh', and with that an unmistakeable great booming voice from behind.......

'Jelly Baby?'

Roll Credits.

There you go Moff, you can have that one for free me old son. :D:D:D

A MILLION times yes!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he said Fall of the eleven, not eleventh
  • vrooomvrooom Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens this year on the eleventh of November...

11/11/11

Oh yes!
  • WonderWorldWonderWorld Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    vrooom wrote: »
    It happens this year on the eleventh of November...

11/11/11

Oh yes!

I like that idea!
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eleventh Cyber Legion? :)
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well even if they cant think of something less obvious Matt Smith leaving is a safe bet.

I recon it will be him leaving next year or if Matt stays on it will just be changed to mean something else.
  • janetfanjanetfan Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Empirical wrote: »
    Well even if they cant think of something less obvious Matt Smith leaving is a safe bet.

I recon it will be him leaving next year or if Matt stays on it will just be changed to mean something else.
    im still waiting to find out what the whole amy/amelia pond thing is about was he never meant to know her
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    janetfan wrote: »
    im still waiting to find out what the whole amy/amelia pond thing is about was he never meant to know her
    Not sure what thing you're talking about. He wasn't 'meant' to meet Amy, as such, but he did, and as a result his earlier self met her child.