Comments

• nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened in Hollywood?
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She went out to be introduced to the great and the good and just got absolutely hammered and made an arse of herself. They said thanks but no thanks.

Come on people , she was sick all over Mick Hucknall , she deserves praise for that if nothing else.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think these celebs get addicted to the high life and just don't seem to realise that when they're not working they have to budget like the rest of us.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Most successful soap to screen stars???

What has she done on TV since leaving Eastenders???

Yoghurt adverts and being killed by a wheel of cheese in an episode of Midsommer Murders

:D That was funny the other week. From big star to 5 minute part.

I wonder where all her money has gone? Not looked after her finances over the years.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »
    Come on people , she was sick all over Mick Hucknall , she deserves praise for that if nothing else.

That is the sole thing I can be somewhat thankful to her for.
    Still, at least she can't still claim to be the UK's answer to J-Lo:sleep:

:eek:
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katona's on 'Loose Women' atm,another 'bankrupt' who seems to live very well 'in self inflicted poverty'.:rolleyes:
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well if Kelly Katona is an example, going "bankrupt" for a celeb is very, very different from going bankrupt for us normal people! Kerry has maintained a fabulous lifestyle, clothes, cars, fabulous house etc although she is supposedly "bankrupt"!! I guess it will be the same for Martine McCutcheon, no obvious change in her lifestyle. I just feel sorry for all the money they owe various people who will never be paid. Kerry was on Loose Women today, all done up, looking "glamorous" with not a care in the world, all smiles and teeth!!! and I was so disgusted I just turned off the telly!!!
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    I don't quite understand how she is bankrupt, she has had work here and there and was allegedly paid big money for her wedding snaps last year, what on earth has she blew it all on? :confused:

If i was a cynical person, i would say she has a few trusted friends and relatives who she has bought houses, flash cars, etc.

Spending on credit cards probably went onto overdrive in the last 6 months when she knew she was going to file for bankrupsy, meanwhile any income she had was quickly withdrawn and tucked away safely at a safe location.

Once all her debts are wiped out, she will start earning decent money again, get all her property and cars back and be set up for life.

i wish i could wipe all my debt out, she lived the life of luxury for years then doesnt pay for it and start again.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Why do people hate Martine? I've never understood it.

Is it because she tried (and failed) to crack the US? Or because she left EE? Or just because of those annoying adverts?

She believed her own publicity, she was a good actress on EastEnders, she can sing but she seems to be so far up her own bottom she thought she could mess about while working in a West End production, saying she was sick, missed performances and then was caught in a night club with friends!! She also went to Hollywood and I believe at the Oscars (??) she got drunk and behaved appallingly. Silly, stupid girl, she had a lot of opportunities and just behaved ridiculously stupidly and this is the end result.!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened in Hollywood?

She thought too highly of herself and came back here because being a lead character in a UK soap opera means nothing over there. Also apparently she decided to get soused at parties where she was meant to impress and network. See Adele Silva, Nikki Sanderson and Roxanne Pallett also returning to these shores after failing to make headway in America beyond being victims in crappy low budget horror movies; soap opera babes are a dime a dozen.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im suprised that she couldn't have made money if she tried. I mean, she is still a name and we all know her. She could easily have done the Strictly, IAC, Celeb BB thing and earnt a lot of money.

I also thought she had been employed by a slimming company, as she was quite beefy recently, and then lost a load of weight to promote the company and get ready for her wedding (or have I just completely made this up ... and it was all a dream ?)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    If i was a cynical person, i would say she has a few trusted friends and relatives who she has bought houses, flash cars, etc.

Spending on credit cards probably went onto overdrive in the last 6 months when she knew she was going to file for bankrupsy, meanwhile any income she had was quickly withdrawn and tucked away safely at a safe location.

Once all her debts are wiped out, she will start earning decent money again, get all her property and cars back and be set up for life.

i wish i could wipe all my debt out, she lived the life of luxury for years then doesnt pay for it and start again.

I'm not sure whether yoghurt that allegedly helps you poo, is that lucrative...
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people hate Martine? I've never understood it.

Is it because she tried (and failed) to crack the US? Or because she left EE? Or just because of those annoying adverts?

I have an irrational dislike of her. Its partly her annoyingly grating baby voice and partly her smug expression that sets it off.

If you've ever seen the episode of Miss Marple she was in 'At Bertrams Hotel' you'll understand. Excrutiating.
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    alfiecat wrote: »
    Martine McCutcheon, star of Love Actually and once billed as once of Britain's most successful soap-to-screen stars, has been declared bankrupt.
    The actress petitioned for bankruptcy at Kingston-Upon-Thames County Court under her given name, Martine Kimberley Sherri Ponting.
    She will be discharged from bankruptcy on January 2, 2014.
    KPMG have been appointed her trustees.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/9864485/Martine-McCutcheon-declared-bankrupt.html

Why, hello there Mr/Ms PR agent person. Or wannabe journalist...we'll let the people decide. :p

To be serious, I liked Martine a lot in EastEnders and I even bought a couple of her albums. I thought she would have a promising future as an actress/singer but she seemed incapable of handling herself properly, like when she missed the majority of her performances during the run of My Fair Lady. I have a feeling she only has herself to blame for the way her career sank like it did.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you not have used another one of her songs? This gag had already been used in Post #8 :o:)

Did she do any other songs?!? :confused:
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be serious, I liked Martine a lot in EastEnders.

Like you, I thought she was great in Eastenders ... and although I didn't rate her music, she made me smile in Love Actually.

But, I think her career nosedived because (and this is from memory) she took tonnes of time off as she had a throat problem ? But then she was photographed all about town pouring out of clubs and pubs, whilst being paid. Her understudy had to do her job, and she did it 100x better.

Then she went to Hollywood to be discovered, and all she discovered was a horny Mick Hucknell ... who, lets face it, would date anyone.

She came back with her tail between her legs and really hasn't done anything since. Im not suprised she is skint.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think she even has the yoghurt advert gig anymore, Gok Wan does them now
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kerry was on Loose Women today, all done up, looking "glamorous" with not a care in the world, all smiles and teeth!!! and I was so disgusted I just turned off the telly!!!

I bet those now in debt to the Vermin Loans she happily advertises don't look as radiant as our Kerry. A truly disgusting woman in every sense of the word :mad:
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a bailiff, but I would still smash her back doors in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, hello there Mr/Ms PR agent person. Or wannabe journalist...we'll let the people decide. :p

To be serious, I liked Martine a lot in EastEnders and I even bought a couple of her albums. I thought she would have a promising future as an actress/singer but she seemed incapable of handling herself properly, like when she missed the majority of her performances during the run of My Fair Lady. I have a feeling she only has herself to blame for the way her career sank like it did.

It wasn't that she missed them, it's that she was caught out going to The Met Bar and The Ivy rather than going into work for evening performances when the show was relying on her high profile and likeability at the time to keep the punters making bookings to keep the production afloat. They gave her opportunity but then hoped to really on her drawing power, she decided she'd rather go for some posh nosh, a drink and a dance than go into work to do sing, dance and act for thousands of pounds a night. Unsurprisingly that kind of attitude doesn't take you very far, particularly if you are not exactly a huge talent and are getting by more on popular public perception than because you are the next Meryl Streep.
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that she was thinking of changing her name to Amazon Google-Starbuck, but was advised that this would not fend off the attentions of HMRC?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't that she missed them, it's that she was caught out going to The Met Bar and The Ivy rather than going into work for evening performances when the show was relying on her high profile and likeability at the time to keep the punters making bookings to keep the production afloat. They gave her opportunity but then hoped to really on her drawing power, she decided she'd rather go for some posh nosh, a drink and a dance than go into work to do sing, dance and act for thousands of pounds a night. Unsurprisingly that kind of attitude doesn't take you very far, particularly if you are not exactly a huge talent and are getting by more on popular public perception than because you are the next Meryl Streep.

Exactly. I've come to the conclusion that she must be very unlikeable or unprofessional (perhaps both) if all the work has dried up. There is usually a good reason why people don't employ you anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Exactly. I've come to the conclusion that she must be very unlikeable or unprofessional (perhaps both) if all the work has dried up. There is usually a good reason why people don't employ you anymore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-181470/Martine-just-isnt-it.html#axzz2KhLh2iCC

I believe at the time she was meant to be earning something like £18000 a night. When you turn your nose up at that kind of money and that kind of opportunity given to you by one of the richest and most powerful men in stage and screen production, Sir Cameron Mackintosh. Then when you allegedly get off your face and act like a fangirl at The Golden Globes after party, it's not surprising if Richard Curtis doesn't put in a good word for you anymore or others decide they'd rather not bother hiring you.
  • The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Most successful soap to screen stars???

What has she done on TV since leaving Eastenders???

Yoghurt adverts and being killed by a wheel of cheese in an episode of Midsommer Murders
    lmao:D
  • The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    As she gets killed before the opening credits start, it's worth a quick look on itv player :D plus they put her in possibly the most unflattering dress I've seen in a long time. It's not quite up there with 'death by having wine bottles lobbed at you whilst being staked out on your lawn', but it's a good 'un for Midsomer Murders :D
    Still my favourite MM moment and overall episode.:D