Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought we had got rid of this triumvirate, but clearly not:

-> That cheese one where that woman says "The Eiffell Tower can wait" then giggles. (She presumably didn't say that, as the words don't match the mouth.)
    -> That thetrainline.com commercial which is a rip-off from Airplane!.
    -> The Specsavers "What kind of cheese was that" advert. (And has anybody else noticed the continuity error in that commercial? The bar goes down and, as a result, his arm should be pinned against his chest. After seeing their feet, he's holding the handle on the bar.)
    those weird workers building the Olympic stadium

I wonder if anybody told them that both the Fencing (Modern pentathlon's fencing element excluded) and Weightlifting were actually held at the ExCeL Arena, which wasn't part of the Olympic Park.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    It does to everyone.

I cannot believe that there wasn't a single person in the advertising meetings who said "Umm, doesn't it look a bit like a turd though?" :p

I agree, it looks like a poo, it is the shape and colour of a poo, with eyes.... WHY did no-one say it was a poo before they decided to base an advertising campaign on it??!!!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,295
    Forum Member
    Cash Converters.......the unexpected bill. Duff actor wearing an orange wig, like a pawn shop version of Timmy Mallet

The funny (and sad) thing about it, is that the guy who takes his laptop to them only gets about forty quid for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment it's that god awful witch doing her vulvic thrust movements advertising Pepsi...Yes I mean you Beyonce!! Get off my goddamn advert space you overrated woman
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, in a change from the usual, since I bitch about terrible adverts plenty, I saw the Ikea "say no to gnomes" advert this morning and though it was the best ad I'd saw in quite some time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Cash Converters.......the unexpected bill. Duff actor wearing an orange wig, like a pawn shop version of Timmy Mallet

The funny (and sad) thing about it, is that the guy who takes his laptop to them only gets about forty quid for it.

Haven't seen the ad, but can relate to the money side of things, when my father-in-law died about 3 years ago, he had bought a reciprocating saw worth about 280 pounds about two months previous and never used it or got it out of the box, Cash Converters offered us 30 quid for it:eek:, we eventually sold it in the free ads for about 200 pounds, never been in any of their shops since....
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Bet Victor ad with that guy dressed as a woman...
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had enough of the advert for Nick Grimshaw's upcoming BBC Three show. What an annoying twerp.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,514
    Forum Member
    The 3 farmers in the Aldi ad :mad:
    Forum Member
    I was shocked by this ad so what if she didn't have tena lady her pissy arse would be up in their faces?
    Now I do apologise to anyone who uses the products, its no laughing matter and there for the grace of god go I, but is there a need for the ad to be so... Visual?

I was going to post the same thing.
    Forum Member
    BinCat wrote: »
    Why have EDF got a dollop of poo as it's logo? And why is it on the dog? Is it dog poo? I don't get it:confused:

At last!! I have found someone else who thinks it looks like a poo and an anemic one at that :o

Why can others not see it :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    At last!! I have found someone else who thinks it looks like a poo and an anemic one at that :o

I posted the same a while back I think. Yes, an orange turd.

Perhaps EDF stands for Excrement - Dump - Faeces?

I can't have my electricity with a supplier who uses sh*t as their mascot.

EDIT: Just realised how that comment looks... I did not post a turd to anyone, just to clarify, orange or otherwise. I posted a comment about the advert.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »

EDIT: Just realised how that comment looks... I did not post a turd to anyone, just to clarify, orange or otherwise. I posted a comment about the advert.

:D:D:D
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand that new Envirophone one "Yay you've got a new phone, what're you gonna do with your old one? sell it to a mate? it might break and they'll want their money back"
    Tell them to f' off then! What kind of "mate" wants their money back when they break something they bought from you?

And then there's that one for some booze that takes the piss out of smartphones by comparing them to their booze.
  • C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 3 farmers in the Aldi ad :mad:

Got to disagree ... getting shown a bit too often, but I reckon Aldi are doing a fairly good job with their variation.

Made me smile the first time .. as most of theirs do - overdo it, and I'll agree with you
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    At the very end of the St. Albans ad (like the final shot) I'm sure its Welwyn :confused: Doesnt look like St. Albans anyway (I dont recognise it)

Gresley Close, by the station in WGC (through Waitrose car park)
  • andydipandydip Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    The crispello ad, with that dreadful song.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's defo a poo. I call it the little dancing poo. If they would have at least made it a different colour, like purple or blue it would have helped.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bet Victor ad with that guy dressed as a woman...
    Paul Kaye. Who now appears in A Game of Thrones!
    Forum Member

Haha .... :D
    Forum Member
    C Horse wrote: »
    Got to disagree ... getting shown a bit too often, but I reckon Aldi are doing a fairly good job with their variation.

Made me smile the first time .. as most of theirs do - overdo it, and I'll agree with you

There have been a couple of really good ones. I loved the 2 little boys saying Rabbit/Wabbit :D but as it was for Easter it was not on for long :(
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Paul Kaye. Who now appears in A Game of Thrones!

I love Paul Kaye ....Those eyes :eek:
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We call it the dancing dollop, it's gross.

Mr Hanky was a cute turd though:)
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It still just looks like a wee orange jobby.
This discussion has been closed.