Season 17: general discussion

Comments

• edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »

I don't think he made a big deal out of reality stars, tbh. I wonder if people just like to pick stuff to pieces and read more into it than is actually there. Okay, by implication, talking about 'legitimate celebrities', I suppose he might be putting reality stars down. Perhaps he's just alluding to some of the rumours that were around ahead of the announcement. Tanning Mom, anyone? :p

I agree about the arrogant tone though :rolleyes: :D.

He (unsurprisingly, perhaps) writes in a very similar way to Maks. There's a lot of repetition, self-justification and self-aggrandisement in there. Needs someone with a big red pen to edit him ;).

Glad that I was not the only one who noticed that, along with a lot of people including some of his fans that he pissed with that blog

Now I am really hoping that he is partnered with someone like Tan mom or Teen mom in the future; He will certainly explode , good tv :D.
    If other pros like Tony, Tristan, Mark .... got their fair share of reality tv stars or " duds " then I think that he is long due of 1.

Speaking of these pros, I am not a huge Tristan fan by any means but when is the poor guy going to be get a break :( ? Cmon Abc :mad::mad: !!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far this season is just meh to me but I am getting such a kick out of the Derek-hate comments here and elsewhere. Some are sooo invested in trying to cut him down a notch or two that they're writing non-sequiturs and getting facts wrong and dates mixed up to the point where they may miss the premiere by a week!

One even suggested DWTS go down to one season a year so it's less "stressful" for her to see Derek win. You can't make this stuff up.

So now even being paired with a 200-pounder is considered favoritism. :rolleyes:

But perhaps the producers know something I don't. After all, as a detractor noted, the GMA hosts interviewed Derek before interviewing any celebrities. :)

BIB I dont understand why some people think that because of her shape, she cant be as good as the previous partners he had; Uhmmm does anyone forget Ricki Lake ? He got 3rd place with her.Sure he wont be able to flip her around, lift her or whatever but I think that he will still do very well with her. I am excited to see what he can come up with.

Just because Amber is not the usual partners that he always get, doesn't mean that he was not favored this season. She comes with a really big musical background, can pick-up choreography easily and has a huge fanbase backing her (the Gleeks). I actually see her making at least to the quater-finals. She could easily be the last woman standing.

I know it is still early stages but I am positive that she will be one of 2 women to be last standing.

Looking at Derek's record, his earliest elimination since he won in season 7 was week 8 with Lil Kim during the quarter finals and she didnt even have a strong fanbase back then.
    10 seasons later he has Amber Riley. With her fanbase and his combined fanbase , the earliest that they will be eliminated imo is week 7 or 8; I said earliest ;):cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Order of elimination of the women imo; Of course I may switch some things up during the season.
    1-Elisabeth
    2-Leah
    3-Valerie
    4-Snooki
    5-Amber Riley
    6-Christina Millian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    Has anyone read Val's latest blog yet ?
    http://www.puredwts.com/2013/09/05/val-chmerkovskiy-writes-on-dancing-with-the-stars-and-his-new-partner-elizabeth-berkley/

A lot of people are upset with it and I am not just talking about the comments at Puredwts.
    He got a lot of his previous partners fans (Zendaya, Kelly fans....) and some pairings upset with it.

And tbgh, I found the whole tone in that blog a bit arrogant and quite presumptuous.
    Way to gain new fans and keep old fans Val :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

He really lacks a lot of tact imo.The whole thing just didnt come up well to me.

I am not a fan of Dtws or SCD for that matter casting reality tv stars because technically they are not really " celebrities " but in today world's pop culture a lot of these reality tv stars are considered " celebrities ". Do I agree with it ? No but I don't like people putting down others ; it just doesnt sit well with me .
    Of course he is not the only pro who alluded to something of the sort but that blog was just..ughhh

Now I cannot wait until he gets a reality tv star a la Kim Kardashian or Tan mom :D:D . I want to see what he is going to say then :cool:.

I think Val speaks his mind - he can be a bit like Marmite - an acquired taste. I like his interviews on the aftershow he doesn't toe the party line or say what the producers want him to say. It's his opinion and he can be quite blunt with it, but at least you know where you stand with him. Do I think he is arrogant er yeah, he's a chip off the older brother block. Agree with him in part, some reality stars aren't celebrities in the real sense of the word, some have talent some don't, we have quite a few z listers over here like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Karma for all the links :)

Look at these 2 goofballs :D:D
    http://instagram.com/p/d6CYkssWt_/
    , love them already :D:D
    Forum Member
    Thanks Karma for all the links :)

Look at these 2 goofballs :D:D
    http://instagram.com/p/d6CYkssWt_/
    , love them already :D:D

Think they are getting along famously. Don't think Christina will be shy in coming forward, can't see her doing a Katherine and not wanting to shake her naughty bits:D:D:D

Lol Elizabeth Berkley's interview above, she can out talk Val, he didn't get a word in edgeways lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think they are getting along famously. Don't think Christina will be shy in coming forward, can't see her doing a Katherine and not wanting to shake her naughty bits:D:D:D

Lol Elizabeth Berkley's interview above, she can out talk Val, he didn't get a word in edgeways lol.

I know Mark must be thrilled :D. Idk if I should be worried or happy about it :o:D
    Forum Member
    I know Mark must be thrilled :D. Idk if I should be worried or happy about it :o:D

I'm expecting them to be a bit raunchy:D;););) Only messing.

Getting a scratchy vibe between Snooki and Sasha, on their interview not warming to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Getting a scratchy vibe between Snooki and Sasha, on their interview not warming to her.

BIB I think that he is going to make people not root for them; He comes across as a bit too arrogant imo; 1 of the reasons why I cant stand him. I really like her though :(, wished she could have been paired up with someone else but he is the shortest male pro available in the Troupe....sigh...

So far I am really looking forward to :
    1-Corbin and Karina
    2-Christina and Mark
    3-Amber and Derek
    This is the order I want at the finale. I would be happy with either Christina or Corbin winning :cool:
    I dont even mind who wins this season tbh...shrug.
    Forum Member
    BIB I think that he is going to make people not root for them; He comes across as a bit too arrogant imo; 1 of the reasons why I cant stand him. I really like her though :(, wished she could have been paired up with someone else but he is the shortest male pro available in the Troupe....sigh...

So far I am really looking forward to :
    1-Corbin and Karina
    2-Christina and Mark
    3-Amber and Derek
    This is the order I want at the finale.

Don't think they are well matched personality wise, think they rub each other up the wrong way, looks a bit forced, so far.

Most of the other couples seem to be ok, Peta looks like the cat who got the cream;) Liking the 'Smirnoff Bleu' catchy name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think they are well matched personality wise, think they rub each other up the wrong way, looks a bit forced, so far.

Most of the other couples seem to be ok, Peta looks like the cat who got the cream;) Liking the 'Smirnoff Bleu' catchy name.

yeah, Exactly and it is such a shame because I can already see him turning some viewers off with his attitude : very off-putting imo.

Peta, Peta, Peta...I can already see the kind of choreography she will come up with Brant :rolleyes::D:p.
    I really like him though; He doesnt seem to take himself too seriously, is up for anything, seems really willing to work hard, good sense of humour : very refreshing :).
    Judging by Peta's enthusiasm , he seems to be a good dancer, I can see him going really far especially when he has the Pretty Liars fanbase backing him up; Plus the average dwts voters are women, enough said ;).
    Forum Member
    yeah, Exactly and it is such a shame because I can already see him turning some viewers off with his attitude : very off-putting imo.

Peta, Peta, Peta...I can already see the kind of choreography she will come up with Brant :rolleyes::D:p.
    I really like him though; He doesnt seem to take himself seriously, is up for anything, seems really willing to work hard, good sense of humour : very refreshing .
    Judging by Peta's enthusiasm , he seems to be a good dancer, I can see him going really far especially when he has the Pretty Liars fanbase backing him up; Plus the average dwts voters are women, enough said ;).

Perhaps they were having an off day says on Wet Paint

Snooki and her professional partner Sasha Farber. “She thinks Sasha is great,” the source continued. “They’ve really hit it off.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they were having an off day says on Wet Paint

Snooki and her professional partner Sasha Farber. “She thinks Sasha is great,” the source continued. “They’ve really hit it off.”

Hopefully. I really want her to do well on this show and prove the naysayers wrong :cool:.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB I think that he is going to make people not root for them; He comes across as a bit too arrogant imo; 1 of the reasons why I cant stand him.

I'm not a fan of Sasha and don't know anything about Snooki, but would say she was the one being prickly in that clip. She seemed to want to make sure Sasha knew his place :rolleyes:. Hmmm - could be fun to watch :p.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Sasha and don't know anything about Snooki, but would say she was the one being prickly in that clip. She seemed to want to make sure Sasha knew his place :rolleyes:. Hmmm - could be fun to watch :p.

yeah I think that she needs to put him at his place a little bit. BIB , I agree :D
    Forum Member

BIB that was my impression. It is really interesting to see the clips of the couples together to see who does all the talking. Valerie, Snooki, Elizabeth, didn't really let their pros speak, where as Christina and Corbin seemed more balanced with their partners. It's been said a conversation should be like a tennis match, talk should batted back and forth, whereas some people like to serve all the aces.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah I think that she needs to put him at his place a little bit. BIB , I agree :D

Lol! I would say the other way round! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some people like to serve all the aces.

Very true :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I have said it yet but Tony and Leah have the cutest and most " natural " couple pic imo. Love it :). Looking forward to see them dance :). I really hope that she has some rhtym.
    And Tony seems so thrilled to dance with her and that is always a good sign, right ? lol

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/bios

I actually happen to like most of the celebs and pairings so far this season and this is a rarity lol. My least favorite pair so far has to be Elisabeth and Val. I'm not warming up to her so far for some reasons. Maybe its because of her character in Showgirls (one of worst movies I have ever seen ) or " L ", Idk...Just meh....shrug.
    I know that she was just playing a character but ....oh well suffice it to say that she is my least favorite so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB that was my impression. It is really interesting to see the clips of the couples together to see who does all the talking. Valerie, Snooki, Elizabeth, didn't really let their pros speak, where as Christina and Corbin seemed more balanced with their partners. It's been said a conversation should be like a tennis match, talk should batted back and forth, whereas some people like to serve all the aces.

Especially Valerie. I know she is so happy to do the show but Tristan could barely get a word in lol.
    Forum Member
    I don't think I have said it yet but Tony and Leah have the cutest and most " natural " couple pic imo. Love it :). Looking forward to see them dance :). I really hope that she has some rhtym.
    And Tony seems so thrilled to dance with her and that is always a good sign, right ? lol

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/bios

I actually happen to like most of the celebs and pairings so far this season and this is a rarity lol. My least favorite pair so far has to be Elisabeth and Val. I'm not warming up to her so far for some reasons. Maybe its because of her character in Showgirls (one of worst movies I have ever seen ) or " L ", Idk...Just meh....shrug.

Yes it is a nice photo of them, haven't a clue who she is mind:)

Can't say this is their best photo lol :D

https://twitter.com/TeamAmberDerek/status/375398027659190272/photo/1
    Forum Member
    Especially Valerie. I know she is so happy to do the show but Tristan could barely get a word in lol.

Exactly she is happy naturally, but can see the whole series is going to be similar questions for her. She fended some of it off well, but it can overshadow the dancing a bit. Not saying in Valerie's case but in some others, they like the sound of their own voices, it is a partnership after all.