Sir Wiggins... Does this mean...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
His 'lovely' wife will now be referred to as Lady Wiggins?

This woman here: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/17/article-0-168C943C000005DC-802_634x711.jpg

Comments

• simonl87simonl87 Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there something about a picture of a women laughing in the back of a car with her husband that justifys your use of the phrase 'lovely' wife?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a lady who's had a few drinks, having a laugh and enjoying herself. Like loads of women on a night out in fact.

Yes, she will be Lady Wiggins. Does it bother you OP? :confused:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks like a lady who's had a few drinks, having a laugh and enjoying herself. Like loads of women on a night out in fact.

Yes, she will be Lady Wiggins. Does it bother you OP? :confused:

Yep, that's what I'm seeing too, a happy couple on a night out.

Congrats to him. :cool:
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to him, and his wife does look like a lovely lady, she suits that red dress :)
  • harjamharjam Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    She looks great! What is it with this forum sometimes. If she was sat in the back of the car with a face like a smacked A*se you'd all complain.

Nowt wrong with having a few drinkies and a giggle with the hubby...hell I should know. Typical Saturday night out for me :)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Kath and she is a really nice lady.. There is no airs and graces about either of them and he won't let this title go to his head.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is great. She came across very well in the documentary, a mix of incredibly supportive, self-reliant and a healthy amount of cynicism.

They seem to have a lovely family.
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harjam wrote: »
    She looks great! What is it with this forum sometimes. If she was sat in the back of the car with a face like a smacked A*se you'd all complain.

Nowt wrong with having a few drinkies and a giggle with the hubby...hell I should know. Typical Saturday night out for me :)
    Me too, except I wouldn't look half as good as she does, my mascara would be all round my eyes, my dress would be crumpled and I'd have spilt at least one drink on it:D
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Sir Bradley Wiggins'?
    Sounds like a made-up name on Horrible Histories!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His sideburns are now peers of the realm.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    His 'lovely' wife will now be referred to as Lady Wiggins?

This woman here: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/17/article-0-168C943C000005DC-802_634x711.jpg

Why not?. If Camilla whatsherface can be a Duchess....Kath can be a Lady :cool:
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Bradley, not `Sir Wiggins`! Yes, his wife can call herself Lady Wiggins if she wishes. She looks like a nice lady.
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Sir Bradley :):cool:
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Sir Bradley Wiggins'?
    Sounds like a made-up name on Horrible Histories!

It does sound a bit Dickensian.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It said in my paper that Bradley said a knighthood is good but a Paul Weller gig is better!!!! :D

I haven't had time to go right through the list of names yet, but re Katherine Grainger getting an award in the Honours' list, does her partner Anna Watkins get anything as she never gets a mention... it's always about Katherine but it took two of them to win the Olympic medals!!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His wife does seem a bit mouthy to be fair. She's started a few fights on Twitter and had a go at that woman who knocked him off his bike without knowing the full story.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a nasty, spiteful thread.

Delighted for Bradley and Catherine, he deserves that Knighthood, amazing sportsman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the OP has conveniently disappeared when called on their BS... how judgemental can you get?
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His wife does seem a bit mouthy to be fair. She's started a few fights on Twitter and had a go at that woman who knocked him off his bike without knowing the full story.

She didn't start the 'fight' on Twitter, Chris Froome's girlfriend did.

The Daily Fail chose to highlight Bradley Wiggins in the title, making it look like his wife had started it.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=bradley%20wiggins%20wife&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&ved=0CGIQFjAK&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2177461%2FBradley-Wiggins-wife-Catherine-Twitter-spat-Chris-Froomes-girlfriend.html&ei=UwHfUI6RGKuN0wW9-IDwBg&usg=AFQjCNFun_aBxVPqxY9eGYTRellT5BOtmA&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.d2k
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member

What's the full story then? I seem to have missed it!

She probably made the same assumptions as nearly everyone else, by the way...
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a real woman, not some airbrushed skeletal thing with a face like fourpence, and well done to Sir Bradley of Wiggins.:D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's lovely.

What's the problem?:confused:
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,226
    Forum Member
    Toggler wrote: »
    She's a real woman, not some airbrushed skeletal thing with a face like fourpence, and well done to Sir Bradley of Wiggins.:D

Obilgatory attack on thin women. :rolleyes:
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,226
    Forum Member
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Why not?. If Camilla whatsherface can be a Duchess....Kath can be a Lady :cool:
    The Duchess of Cornwall always behaves with decorum.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CarlLewis wrote: »
    The Duchess of Cornwall always behaves with decorum.

And?:confused: