Secret Screenings

PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I went to the secret screening that was made available to Cineworld card holders and I was surprised how fun it turned out to be, not only was the film good but I found the anticipation fun too.

So do you think the secret screening would happen again or that it was just a gimmick that worked well with that particular film (now you see me)? Would you like to see it happening again? Did you find it fun or annoying?

I personally am hoping for more.

Comments

• JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    At what point was the title revealed? Did you have to wait until the BBFC banner appeared on the screen or did a member of staff reveal it? I have never been to an unlimited exclusive screening. They are always on Monday nights at 9pm. Not a day or time I want to go to the cinema. Do they still have all the ads and trailers and the Kevin Bacon ad. Or do they go straight to the film?
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title was revealed just before the BBFC Banner, with the actors of the film (Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher and Dave Franco) welcoming you to the exclusive screening of the film. Which was fun because everyone went dead quiet and waited with bated breath as it appeared. The staff members were all keeping mum, which was good :)

This is the first unlimited exclusive screening I have been to, the curiosity basically got to me, so I went to find out what it was. It was quite packed which surprised me for a Monday Night, but what really got me was that it all seems like a bit of a social gathering as people were waving at friends as they came in as if they all knew each other from other screenings - strange but gave a nice atmosphere to the showing.

There wasn't any adverts but there were trailers and the Kevin Bacon ad.

The secret part of the screening was really the reason for me going (curiosity) and it is why I hope they do something like this again as it got me out of my comfortable routine which was nice.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title was revealed just before the BBFC Banner, with the actors of the film (Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher and Dave Franco) welcoming you to the exclusive screening of the film. Which was fun because everyone went dead quiet and waited with bated breath as it appeared. The staff members were all keeping mum, which was good :)

This is the first unlimited exclusive screening I have been to, the curiosity basically got to me, so I went to find out what it was. It was quite packed which surprised me for a Monday Night, but what really got me was that it all seems like a bit of a social gathering as people were waving at friends as they came in as if they all knew each other from other screenings - strange but gave a nice atmosphere to the showing.

There wasn't any adverts but there were trailers and the Kevin Bacon ad.

The secret part of the screening was really the reason for me going (curiosity) and it is why I hope they do something like this again as it got me out of my comfortable routine which was nice.

Is it so secret you can't tell us the name of the film?
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it so secret you can't tell us the name of the film?

Sorry, there was plenty of discussion about this in a few other threads, plus I am talking about the possibility of future secret screenings so didn't think to write the title of the past film, sorry. It was Now You See Me, starring Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher and Dave Franco.