Deagostini Bonanza Collection-missing episode.

PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For some unknown reason the latest DVD of the Bonanza collection issued by Deagostini has an episode missing! Part 63 contains season six episodes 23,24 and 26. 25 is missing with no explanation as to why.

Comments

• PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I emailed Deagostini and eventually got a reply saying that a replacement copy has been raised and will be sent out. However that still doesn't explain why they've skipped an episode (the acocompanying magazine contains info for the same three episodes as the dvd),and furthermore the 'coming next issue' page lists season six eps 27,28 and 29. I can't believe they'd make a production error this big without it being noticed before the issues were mailed out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Its a mess, Hoss needs to have a word in "Paw's" ear to resolve this asap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gets worse! Part 64 actually contains season six eps 28-30 and 65 contains 31-33! So that's two episodes gone missing (S6 25 and S6 27). Gonna phone 'em tomorrow and find out what's going on (if I can get any sense out of them) as in my view they can't market and advertise it as "Bonanza: The Complete Collection" if there are two episodes missing,since it's clearly not "complete".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mystery solved! In small print in the magazine I found 'copyright issues mean that series six episode twenty five will not be part of your collection',and the same for episode twenty seven. As I said above,it's ridiculous for them to market it as "the complete collection" if they can't supply every episode.
  • tynka belltynka bell Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy the complete boxset then a weekly piecemeal collection? How much do they charge you for each magazine?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally it would have been but the problem with Bonanza is that with some episodes having fallen into the public domain there are various box sets available,some of which the legality may be in question,and which usually contain an assortment of episodes using varying quality prints. Most of the complete season boxes I've found seem to be European imports which sell on Amazon for a similar price to the equivalent dvds that Deagostini have been releasing. Anyway I've sent in a written letter of cancellation and told them that i consider them to be misleading their customers in advertising a 'complete dvd collection' which they apparently are unable to deliver.