Robson Greene

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
Forum Member
✭✭
Has his accent changed? He sounds quite well spoken on loose women, I always thought he had quite a strong geordie accent?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its just for the purpose of his acting rolls
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooperone wrote: »
    I think its just for the purpose of his acting rolls

And he seems to play the same role in everything...:yawn:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His accent has been weird for years, a bizarre hybrid of posh stage 'ac-torrrr' mixed with ironed-out Geordie.

He hasn't done too badly, considering he's been playing the same character, i.e. himself, on TV for the past 20-odd years.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful man, cheating on his then wife, pfft.

I call him Nobson.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    His accent has been weird for years, a bizarre hybrid of posh stage 'ac-torrrr' mixed with ironed-out Geordie.

He hasn't done too badly, considering he's been playing the same character, i.e. himself, on TV for the past 20-odd years.

I haven't seen him in everything he's done, but the same character? Not in what I've been watching. Thought he was brilliant in Being Human.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Don't get me started on his cruelty to fish in his Extreme Fishing program.I'd stick a hook in his mouth and rive him about for hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    I haven't seen him in everything he's done, but the same character? Not in what I've been watching. Thought he was brilliant in Being Human.

Me too, I was quite sad they killed him off :(
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Valere wrote: »
    And he seems to play the same role in everything...:yawn:

He was actually very good in places in Being Human and decent overall.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe you guys are giving him sympathy- HE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched him in a few things and to be fair some of the programmes have been watchable but he's a bit of a James Nesbitt type, IMO.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »

About 20 years ago.

When did that become the only criteria for judging someone as a person? And what's with the obsession with it on this forum.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    To me he was such an actooor when it suited him

Geordie at first then when he became known the accent changed to Radaaaaaaar

Are we not to notice?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member

I couldn't care less to be honest. In the programmes I watch him in, he's just another actor playing a part. His personal life is totally irrelevant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's one of those people I just don't like!! I always thought he came accross as a bit of an up himself t*sser!!! He's probably lovely and everything, but he's in the same category as Amanda Holden for me - if he's in it, it ain't on my tele!!!!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »

Superb in Being Human. I was really impressed as I never expected THAT performance from HIM! Actually looking forward to seeing him in Waterloo Road now - and I've never, ever said that about Robson Green before :eek:

So? I wouldn't condone it but loads of others cheat and I wouldn't want them hung, drawn and quartered for it! And I certainly wouldn't judge an actor's performance on what he does in his private life.

As for the accent, quite a few Geordie's talk like that. We're not all 'why aye man', 'ya aaalreet hinny?' you know :D
  • alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I so would!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am 23 and have to say, I have always had a major crush on him since I first saw him in Soldier Soldier. And have to saw, ill watch any programme he's in! I think he's a very versatile actor! And cant wait for him to start Waterloo Road now.

His accent does change, and your right it comes out more Geordie when it suits him. But still think he is a good actor.
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,338
    Forum Member
    Robson Green had the most fantastic arse in Being Human
    Forum Member
    I actually forgot that was still my "Location" ha ha!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »

Mah haa haa - I totally agree, Bloody lovely. :D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »

Thirded!

(never knew he had THAT either ;):cool: Doubt we'll get to see it in Waterloo Road though :()
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Can't stand the bloke! in fact i'm delighted to have stumbled upon, and joined, the 'Robson Green is a **** ' page on facebook. He really is a self-important knob.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Thirded!

(never knew he had THAT either ;):cool: Doubt we'll get to see it in Waterloo Road though :()

Can't disagree. He's on the One Show tomorrow, unfortunately he'll be sitting on his best feature ;)
    Forum Member
    mustard99 wrote: »
    Can't disagree. He's on the One Show tomorrow, unfortunately he'll be sitting on his best feature ;)

I know, I have to say Matt Baker is looking mighty fine these days too!
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been watching the re-runs of Wire in the Blood and am really enjoying them although his character is a bit daft imo...:)