Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday weigh in, 1.4lb loss
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Monday weigh in, 1.4lb loss

Many congratulations!

My achievement over the weekend was to find a spinach soup recipe that has approximately 163kcal per serving but still tastes fairly nice.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do a lovely spring vegetable soup based on this recipe but slightly altered for my tastes at 50 cals a portion I can have a slice of bread with it too ! http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/lowfatsoups/r/veggiesoup.htm
    Forum Member
    I do a lovely spring vegetable soup based on this recipe but slightly altered for my tastes at 50 cals a portion I can have a slice of bread with it too ! http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/lowfatsoups/r/veggiesoup.htm

I'll give that a go. I think I have every ingredient except the onions (ran out last night) and the dried basil.
  • lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    Can I give my personal welcome to BeccyJane and congratulations to Lulu.

Awww thanks :)
  • SplotSplot Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weighed myself today, 9 stone 11 down from 9 stone 13. That's over a little over two weeks. Slow progress - but 5:2 diet seems to be working OK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done splott !
    Forum Member
    Well done Splot!

And to Lulu: You're very welcome.
  • BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I was just on GD and the No Smoking Day thread.
    E-cigarettes were mentioned.

I put on over 2 stone after giving up smoking. I would quite often replace a meal with a coffee and cigarette but, once I could taste food again, I started on the chips, cheese rolls and crisps.

I've been trying the 5:2 fasting but have found it difficult in this cold weather.
    I'm thinking of trying the occasional e-cig on a fasting day to replace lunch. Apparently you can get fruit or vanilla flavoured ones without nicotine.

Has anyone else tried these ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have no experience but just reading what you say it sounds like one addiction for another and now looking at another to switch to, better to try a diet without replacing it with another addiction I would have thought.
    Forum Member
    I don't smoke, so I can't say anything about the e-cigs. They're not the kind of thing I would want to try, but that doesn't mean that they might not be reasonable for other people.

However, can I wish you luck in dieting, and welcome you to the thread.
    Forum Member
    Good luck, Striing.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I weighed myself at the gym last night and apparently I am now 13 stone so that is 6lbs lost. I don't quite believe that so I will see how much I weigh when I go on Saturday.

I have though knocked the coke and majority of the sweets and chocolate on the head after a nasty scare with my teeth last week and a weekend worrying that I might have to have a tooth out. The dentist didn't see anything wrong so I can only assume that the pain was due to me clenching my teeth (but that is nothing to do with weight loss) but the scare gave me the kick up the backside that I needed. Not had any coke since Monday and even then I chucked half the can away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done elliecat !
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Well done elliecat !

thank you:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've lost 1.5lb again this week on WW.
    Going in the right direction but much slower than when I was younger!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All experts say slow is best anyway, much more likely to keep it off !
    Forum Member
    Congratulations Aly.

I've just weighed in. 80kg (12st 8.37lb). Down from 81kg (12st 10.58lb) last week. First time in ages I've lost more than 0.5kg/one pound in a week.

Now I'm wondering what to do. I said that 80kg was my 'first' target, and that I'd have a single blowout day when it happens. However, now that it's happened, I'm not sure. I think I'll have a not too different non-counting day, and make myself some things (which junior might get more of than me). I must admit that now I've made my expected rest from diet day, that I don't feel the urge to splurge that I expected I would.

Then it's back to the dieting for what I consider my final target, 77kg. (12st, 1.79 pounds). I'm fairly confident that 77kg will be my final target and then I'll have to move to some sort of management mode.
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well lost 2.5lbs at weigh in.

Have now lost 1st 2lbs (which I think is 7.3kg) since starting slimming world on 8 Jan..

Very happy :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done everyone.

I know what you mean winterfire, I had planned a treat when I lost my first stone but when I got there I was so happy I just carried on as usual LOL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Well done and good luck to everybody!

You're all doing so well that it makes me ashamed to say that I seem to have started a 'weight gain' trend and I'm now 3lbs heavier now to what I was on the 2nd January! :(:( A combination of cold weather and comfort food and not enough exercise seems to have happened and I've not even noticed. I'm feeling quite down about it as I was enjoying exercising more and even quite enjoying my calorie counting - it was a good way of helping me cut the rubbish food out.

So it looks like I'm starting all over again.... and if I have to post in this thread 400 times a week to keep me on track, I think I will (apologies in advance!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Sarah, well its never too late just increase your protein and you don't need that many hours of working out. Just try to do weights as well and running or even something like skipping at home for 30 mins works.

Off topic, personally I find those weight loss shows kinda defames the whole personal training profession. I don't think most personal trainers are that hard on you because most personal trainers are not that mean and you don't workout for 4-8 hours a day which is ridiculous and insane.
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I put on a lot of weight when i gave up smoking last year, but since starting my diet i've lost around 3 and a half stone, just another stone and a half left till i reach my target weight :)
    Forum Member
    Well done everyone.

I know what you mean winterfire, I had planned a treat when I lost my first stone but when I got there I was so happy I just carried on as usual LOL.

Well done/good luck to everyone I missed (e.g. Elliekat & PopRocket) and mental support-waves are being beamed to everyone who may need them.

I did have my 'day off' yesterday. I don't know how much I ate, but it was a generous amount. I found my reaction interesting. I didn't have any desire for real-sugar drinks, and stayed with the sweetened drinks. We had lunch out at our favourite take-away shop. And I had two pieces of toast for breakfast, instead of the one I have now. By the time it was time for dinner, I didn't feel hungry, and would have been happy skipping it. I did prepare dinner anyhow, and we ate a savoury 'loaf' that's been in the freezer for months, and would have gone to waste. It's from a shop that makes their own, and there's no calorie breakdown, so hard to eat when in diet mode. It was very nice, and it's probably the only thing that pleases me about yesterday that it didn't just go to waste.

But I'm happy to be back on the diet again today. Soup's cooking in the kitchen right now and bread dough for rolls is in the breadmaker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Blackmanta wrote: »
    I was just on GD and the No Smoking Day thread.
    E-cigarettes were mentioned.

I put on over 2 stone after giving up smoking. I would quite often replace a meal with a coffee and cigarette but, once I could taste food again, I started on the chips, cheese rolls and crisps.

I've been trying the 5:2 fasting but have found it difficult in this cold weather.
    I'm thinking of trying the occasional e-cig on a fasting day to replace lunch. Apparently you can get fruit or vanilla flavoured ones without nicotine.

Has anyone else tried these ?

Hi, sorry to hijack! But the desperate need to lose weight attracted me!

I am around 16 stone and tried Slimming World (again!) after Christmas, Lost 8lb over six weeks, then went out for a meal with friends and my willpower evaporated overnight, then back to eating all the wrong things have re-gained the whole 8lb since (prob an extra pound or two as I haven't weighed myself - too scared!)

Lost 4stone a few years ago and got down to 12.13 which for my height 5' 9" is actually a very comfortable weight for me.

So starting tomorrow! :eek:

As to the e-cigs, I have got a Skycig Vanilla flavour one, really tastes lovely! Have tried other brands, but this one is the best. :)