Rihanna @ Twickenham: Late and cuts 6 SONGS from her set list...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
Forum Member
So we saw Rihanna tonight at Twickenham Stadium. I'm a massive fan, but cannot beleive how much Rih and her team ripped people off tonight.

In previous shows, Rihanna has performed 25 songs. However, seemingly to make up time after she arrived on stage half an hour late, she cut 6 whole songs from her set list - leaving her to perform just 19 songs, of which most were cut in half. The concert started at 9pm and finished at 10:30, just an hour and a half long - half an hour shorter than originally planned.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good show, with hits like We Found Love and WHYB almost making up for the shortened set... but to have payed the same amount as the shows before us (if not more) and get 25% less of the actual concert, just so they can finish on time, feels a bit like we've been ripped off.

Songs missed out:
- Mother Mary
- Cockiness
- No Love Allowed
- Loveeeeeee Song
- Love The Way You Lie (!)
- Red Lipstick

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry that happened to you :(

I do like Rihanna's music but it's not the first time she's done something like this. I think she needs to have more respect for people who spend their hard earned money to watch her in concert.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My kids went to see her @ MEN arena and she was an hour and a quarter late
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    She's always late. On her last tour she was three hours late at O2 arena!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have ben going to gigs since I was 16 and apart from Guns 'n' Roses I have never known a band turn up late, it is so disrespectful to the people who have paid to see them.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    I have ben going to gigs since I was 16 and apart from Guns 'n' Roses I have never known a band turn up late, it is so disrespectful to the people who have paid to see them.

I am guessing like me you pay to see Rock bands who usually have a lot of respect for their fans.

Most of those i pay to see if not all know who keeps them where they are and are pretty much old school deep purple,Black Sabbath,ect ect.

Younger "artisits" just do not seem to have the same level of respect.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,554
    Forum Member
    Someone should buy the stupid cow a watch.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This, basically.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't timekeeping for gigs part of her managements job? Or are they scared to upset the precious little thing?

Did her supplies not arrive in time perhaps?
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today popstars are more celebrity first, performer second. Even in these days of Twitter and Facebook, there is an us and them approach as there is no care and contempt for fans.

Rihanna doesnt care...its all about the attention.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always expect acts to turn up a bit late when I go to see them. Beyonce is bang on time always. I've seen her quite a few times. When I saw her most recent tour at the 02, after the support act had finished, there was literally one minute before her show started. She started at bang on 9pm.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Ri Ri should hook up with bieber. Always late!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This happens a lot and I think it's disrespectful to the fans that have paid good money and made a lot of effort to get to the show. They pay for a full setlist so when the artist cuts out songs just because they can't be bothered to appear on time I think it's rude. I do love Madonna but it's a real disappointment when she arrives so late on stage, the worst case being a show in Abu Dhabi where the fans were waiting 1.40hour in 40 degree heat and she didn't get on stage until 11 and half the crowd has passed out by then. There's no reason for them to be late either as they arrive at the venue late afternoon and do a soundcheck:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always expect acts to turn up a bit late when I go to see them. Beyonce is bang on time always. I've seen her quite a few times. When I saw her most recent tour at the 02, after the support act had finished, there was literally one minute before her show started. She started at bang on 9pm.

if I can be bothered getting there on time, I do not expect to be left waiting when the start time comes, irrespective of who the artist is
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,911
    Forum Member
    Utterly disrespectful. She should (but won't be) ashamed of herself. :mad:
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Utterly disrespectful. She should (but won't be) ashamed of herself. :mad:

It's a shame because when they come on so late it puts people off going in the future, especially when they are stranded at the venue because tubes and public transport has ended for the night because they come off stage so late
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I went to see Lady Gaga at Twickenham last September and she was 20 minutes late and had to cut a few songs, amongst them were Poker Face and Alejandro...I didn't realize she'd cut the former until I got back home and thought back haha! I did have a good night though.

I have debated going to see Rihanna in the past because I do enjoy her music but all the reports I've heard about her showing up 1 hour+ late have put me off
    Forum Member
    I think that anyone who is late to their gig without a bloody good reason should be heavily fined! It's totally unfair on the people who work their arses off to buy tickets. For most audience members it's an event to look forward to and not an every day thing. Why should their night be spoiled because some jumped up primadonna can't be arsed to turn up on time?

/rant over
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Friends who went to see her in Cardiff this week said she was rubbish. They enjoyed the warm up act better than her and said she mimed most of the show.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Lateness like this really pisses me off, but what annoys me even more is is when they make absolutely no apology or offer an explanation :mad:. Funnily enough, Rihanna was about an hour late to an o2 show back in 2011 and when she arrived on stage she made absolutely no apology! It's so unprofessional...

I'm seeing her on Thursday in Sunderland. I can't say i'm particularly looking forward to it. I booked the tickets before I heard the album, and unfortunately the album is a load of tripe. Her last decent album was Loud. It should still be a good show though - as long as she sings the hits. I'm more excited for Robbie on Saturday. I've been looking forward to that for months!
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    She's always late what a way to treat her fans.
  • RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friends who went to see her in Cardiff this week said she was rubbish. They enjoyed the warm up act better than her and said she mimed most of the show.

She doesn't mime any of her concert, she just sings all of her choruses over the album version, all the verses are raw live.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPWi6aavbs4

No lip synching there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I agree that acts should be fined if they're late.

They know they can get away with it. Some boos and a few bad reviews clearly don't discourage them enough.
  • lucasade16lucasade16 Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I also went to see her last night at Twickenham and I thought she was FLAWLESS, i would of liked to of seen cockiness, no love allowed and love the way you lie performed but didn't notice until I got home, and read the set list, she sung every song really well; her greats last night for me was Phresh out the runway, S&M & Rockstar!
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her a few years ago and she was 2 hours late in Newcastle, people were booing loads and then she sung most of the set completely out of tune!
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    I saw her a few years ago and she was 2 hours late in Newcastle, people were booing loads and then she sung most of the set completely out of tune!

Which is one of the reasons that I would not pay to see her live.