The Pro Cycling Thread

Comments

• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's quite exciting if the wind gets up and echelons start to form and the peloton gets split up.........

I expect Eurosport will be showing it - they have for the last couple of years
  • cmq2cmq2 Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harmon's tweeted he is doing Qatar and Paris-Nice. I hope they provide coverage of the KBK and Het Nieuwsblad to open the European season this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tut-tut! Strolling though the lobby in road cleats and hanging bikes on the front door:) http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery/2012/jan/27/bradleywiggins-team-gb#/?picture=385079045&index=1

Highlights of British Track Cycling on ITV4 tomorrow evening: http://www.teamsky.com/article/1,27290,17546_7462948,00.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Qatar on TV from tomorrow lunchtime. Cavendish feverish today. His old teammate and adversary Greipel has already withdrawn due to illness.

Paris-Nice does not finish on the prom this year. Instead there is a short uphill time trial (10km @ 5%): http://www.letour.fr/2012/PNC/COURSE/us/le_parcours.html
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmq2 wrote: »
    Qatar on TV from tomorrow lunchtime. Cavendish feverish today. His old teammate and adversary Greipel has already withdrawn due to illness.

Paris-Nice does not finish on the prom this year. Instead there is a short uphill time trial (10km @ 5%): http://www.letour.fr/2012/PNC/COURSE/us/le_parcours.html

Really don't like it when a race finishes with a time trial.
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Tour of Qatar stage 1 is live on Eurosport 2 today at 12.15pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Started early - it's on now

30K to go - tailwind

Cav is riding despite not feeling too well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boonen wins easily - was anybody else even trying?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harmon was mentionning the early season races that ES are covering and I think there might be a couple of new ones.....

Tour of Taiwan - don't remember seeing that before

Tour of catalonia - they used to show these a few years ago but it dropped off the schedule
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tour of the Algarve is also live in the ES schedule alongside 30min Oman daily highlights. :)
    doffer wrote: »
    Really don't like it when a race finishes with a time trial.
    There was a natural drama to the final stage: a double climb for a breakaway and then a wide descent and long drag along the seafront for the chase. In some years the whole race comes down to that last time gap.

I still have not warmed to the Sky Team colours - it still looks like a winter training kit to me. I liked the green version of the Garmin; presumably a national champs version.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmq2 wrote: »
    . I liked the green version of the Garmin; presumably a national champs version.

I agree it does look good. Isn't it Maurilio Fischers' Brazilian champs jersey?
  • OmrafOmraf Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Contador banned for two years according to Reuters
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cav outsprints Boonen to win the stage

Looking at the head on, Cav looks like a little boy next to Boonen.............:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great day for Team Sky on Tuesday with wins for Mark Cavendish in Qatar and Lars-Petter Nordhaung at Trofeo Deia in Spain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boonen looking in really good shape for the classics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely forgot to watch yesterday, just flicked over in time to see Boonen on the podium

Remembered today though - another win for Cav. He just left them for dead in the sprint even though he didn't have much of a lead out. Did a great job jumping from wheel to wheel and took off 100 yards out
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I completely forgot to watch yesterday, just flicked over in time to see Boonen on the podium

Boonen and his team had managed to break up the peleton in the wind, and the Cavendish group never quite got back on the wheel again - although I don't think they put a big effort in, the 2 Sky riders in the lead group seemed to have been given a free hand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    borodave wrote: »
    Boonen looking in really good shape for the classics.

Unfortunately for him, so is Cancellara.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good win for another British rider Jonathan Tiernan-Locke in the tour of the med today also! Been a fantastic week for British cycling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What races (and dates) will Eurosport show this month?
    Forum Member
    What races (and dates) will Eurosport show this month?

Tour of Oman - Race started today, but there are highlights on Eurosport 2 from tomorrow.

Volta ao Algarve - Live on Eurosport 2 from tomorrow, although the coverage seems to be quite brief.

Then Paris-Nice from the 4th of March.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tons of coverage of the track World Cup from the new London Velodrome from Friday and over the weekend on both BBC (live and red button) and Eurosport.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afx237vi wrote: »
    Tour of Oman - Race started today, but there are highlights on Eurosport 2 from tomorrow.

Volta ao Algarve - Live on Eurosport 2 from tomorrow, although the coverage seems to be quite brief.

Then Paris-Nice from the 4th of March.

What's the reason why the Tour of Oman starts today and the first highlights package starts on Wednesday ?
    Forum Member
    What's the reason why the Tour of Oman starts today and the first highlights package starts on Wednesday ?

No idea.

Stage 5 looks good, though: http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TOO/2012/500/PROFIL.gif
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Omani's produce their own edited highlights including commentary whereas the Qatari's distribute live pictures without commentary. In the past we got a local culture episode midway through about traditional Omani cuisine and the like.
This discussion has been closed.