Do you think Tamera will be as big as Leona Lewis?

mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I found a old video of Leona Lewis singing "I Have Nothing"
Leona's old version (not x factor) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHv45NNy5jA
The comments say she's about 16-17 in that video

Tamera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUbZdMbfNmU

Do you think Tamera will be as big as Leona after hearing both versions of the I Have Nothing or will she be bigger.

Tamera's voice seems like a mix of Leona's and Whitneys if they were combined.

Comments

• DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she'll go the rihanna route as opposed to leona
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In one word 'YES', as long as she is signed up by the right people, and given good guidance.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she will be marketed more as Rihanna, it will be interesting to see if she can really perform on stage with choreography etc. If she can do that, and do it to a good standard, she will be international IMO
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona has a thinner voice compared to Tamera. Tamera has a deeper tone, more power to it. Leona most probably has the bigger range though. However going by twitter Tamera has stated that she can use the whistle register.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's early days but Tamera has a lot of potential, I want her to be the first Tamera not the next Leona or Rihanna.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything, Tamera will be Britain's less successful Rihanna. I think I'm the only one who isn't going crazy about her. She lacks something for me personally.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a simple answer: No!
    She is vocally similar to Leona but not as strong and kind of looks like Rihanna
    But there is huge potential in Tamera but it's early days and she is only 16.
    Given the right producers, she could go far. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a far clearer voice than Leona, and you can hear every word that she sings, unlike so many of today's artists.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a far clearer voice than Leona, and you can hear every word that she sings, unlike so many of today's artists.

I have to agree to disagree here. If I'm honest, it wasn't that clear but as time grows she'll be exceptional :)
    I am a big Leona fan haha :)
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice just isn't as soft as Leona . It is soft it's like the softness of Leona's and a bit of rhasp from Whitney I think .
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe people are even comparing her. She's nowhere near as good as Leona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt if she would want to be compared to anyone. She would want to be an artist in her own right.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona isn't big anymore anyway.

It's fair too early to say but she's definitely got huge potential.
  • CroftCroft Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are taken in by anything shiny and new and pretty , she's like an Apple product but without the quality but she's pretty anyway so who cares just give her the crown already
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are getting far too over excited about this girl. She hasn't come across as anything special at all. Her performance wasn't great, but her singing was. The difference is, at the time, X Factor had seen nobody like Leona. It was a huge step for talent shows, the first female to rival Mariah, Whitney etc!

Tamera is just...another young girl that has had vocal lessons and can sing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In your opinion, but not in most others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Big as Leona Lewis? Oh you mean she'll have 1 mega successful single worldwide and then disappear into relative obscurity?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think most would be happy to achieve that.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a potential winner. I think with the right people, she can cross over to the USA. If she gets lucky with a song, maybe she can reach Leona success.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Way too early to say as it depends on whether she messes up and goes wayward, or whether she knuckles down and takes the X Factor seriously and works hard; time will tell.:confused:
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big as Leona Lewis? Oh you mean she'll have 1 mega successful single worldwide and then disappear into relative obscurity?

I would suggest doing your research before posting.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    I think she'll go the rihanna route as opposed to leona

This. She has the look for it.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has the look to be the next Rihanna, but I found Reille Carrington a lot more likeable.

I think it's a bit odd to compare Tamera and Leona. Leona's market is ballads, whilst Tamera will be more Rita Ora/Rihanna. It'd be like comparing G4 and One Direction just because they're boybands.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are getting far too over excited about this girl. She hasn't come across as anything special at all. Her performance wasn't great, but her singing was. The difference is, at the time, X Factor had seen nobody like Leona. It was a huge step for talent shows, the first female to rival Mariah, Whitney etc!

Tamera is just...another young girl that has had vocal lessons and can sing.

Leona - rival Whitney and Mariah? Sorry but she hasn't got the vocal range. Mariah and Whitney were equally good with faster material - Leona is nowhere near as good. As for Tamera - she was ok, but again nowhere near Whitney.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She reminds me a bit of Amber Holcomb on this years American Idol i.e a promising but undercooked teenage talent. Her performance on Sunday was a total mess and she could've really done with some real criticism from the judges but of course they had to begin with their ridiculous hype. Hopefully will get the guidance she needs behind the scenes while she's on the show, as the judges obviously wont be much help.