Laptop for Traktor Pro

Hi everyone

I’m hoping for some good recommendations for a laptop for digital dj’ing. I will be downloading and installing the latest version of Native Instruments Traktor Pro and using an external sound card – either my existing Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1, or a more up to date NI sound card (possibly one that has 4 outputs, rather than 2). The main things I am looking for are:

PC
Large HD, possibly 1TB with fast access speed
Most up to date and fast processor that works well with Traktor
Wifi for downloading tunes
Suppose a cd drive might come in handy
Plenty of RAM
Compact overall size
Something reliable that I can gig with and be confident it won’t crash

That’s it, not bothered about HD screens, camera’s or anything else. I will be making a basic install and disabling everything that is not related to the above.

For various reasons I need something quickly and haven’t got time to do the required level of research into this. I’ve used a Compaq laptop with Windows Vista Business since 2008 and it was very stable with Traktor (old version – 3.2 I think) until last month when it crapped out.

Budget is £500, I’m willing to go up to £600 for the right machine.

Ideally, I’m looking for someone who dj’s with Traktor to say, ‘I have xxx, never let me down, buy one’. Thanks in advance.

(also posted in advice)

Thanks

Comments

• heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Anyone? Surely there must be some dj's / music producers in this section?!? :p
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,767
    Forum Member
    Processor I'd consider Intel i5 and and plenty of RAM. When it comes to music I advise an external hard drive. If you not doing any live video stuff then graphics shouldn't be an issue. I know someone who uses Traktor but can't get hold of.