Nashville (ABC)

tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
Forum Member
The pilot was posted online today on abc and hulu.com

Not perfect, but it's the best pilot of the season for me.

I want the full songs from the pilot right now though :p:eek:

Comments

• jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen it yet as it's nowhere online in my usual places.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a good pilot episode, set the season up very well.

Shame it is about country music, I'd have preferred pop music but then it wouldn't be about Nashville in that case.

I'll mainly be watching for Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen it now.......

Maybe need to watch a couple more episodes to decide if it's a keeper for me or a dumper.
  • Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a big country music fan at all, but I watched the pilot on line and loved it. The producer who created the show says that she's going to try and bring out the point that Nashville -- now -- is not just about country. Lots of other music is being made there, including folk, alternative rock, and rock and she's featuring those as well. The last song performed on the pilot was gorgeous and is an original written by the Civil Wars. That's something else about this show that will be unique. It's featuring original music written by well known artists, including rockers like Elvis Costello. Really digging this.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Some of the songs from the pilot have been released on itunes in the states.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really liked it! I'm not sure it's the kind of show I'd want to admit to watching down the pub but this could be my secret pleasure show of this new season.

I'm sure it's going to become terribly soapy but Ms Panettiere sure has her charms :)
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't expecting to like this but I love it. It's the most polished pilot I've seen so far of this autumns new crop of shows. Connie Britton is amazing and Hayden Patteniere is great at playing the bitch. I'll definitely be sticking with this for another few weeks to see how it all pans out.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Do we know if they both do their own singing or are they dubbed? Just wondered :)
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    Loved it-OK its Soapy and the script felt like a bit a of a rush and it could've done with another 20mins to get everything set up but the Music was amazing (particularly the last track which I hopped on US Itunes to buy) Hayden is stunning and I'm really looking forward to next weeks show! :D
  • Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know if they both do their own singing or are they dubbed?

They are all doing their own singing. In fact, they recast Rayna's two daughters for the pilot because of their singing abilities. Here are the actresses on youtube. They are actual sisters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_aJHJdCHAo
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminded me a bit of the original Dallas but with country music instead of oil. Hayden P is cast as JR. they will probably substitute the CMAs for the Oil Barons Ball.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been looking for something I like out of the new season. Just wanted a preview on youtube and I really liked it. I actually like country music so I'm about to watch this and see what I think.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    They are all doing their own singing.
    Good to know; thanks. Have loved Connie B since she was in "Spin City" and Haydn... well :)
  • Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Story seemed interesting but i'm probably going to drop it lest all the country music forces me to jam something sharp through my ear-drums.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,147
    Forum Member
    I need to watch it again. Not sure how I felt about it but theres like no shows to watch this year
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the pilot a great deal, and I also "respect" it, if you know what I mean (it isn't just "dumb fun"). Unless things go terribly awry in future episodes, this to me is the best new network series of the season.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the first episode was amazing. I dislike country music usually but I'm in love with the music in this show! Connie and Hayden are fantastic. I like the whole cast, actually. I think the visuals are stunning too.

Very promising start. I'll continue to watch! :)
    Forum Member
    2nd episode was great. This has become my favorite new show of the season.

God I hope the ratings hold up!
    Forum Member
    God I hope the ratings hold up!

They didn't, unfortunately. 2.8 last week, 2.0 this week. That's big trouble for the future of the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    They didn't, unfortunately. 2.8 last week, 2.0 this week. That's big trouble for the future of the show.

Is that a big loss in viewing figures?

It'll be a shame if it does tank as it is a good series, but it is probably the subject matter that doesn't attract viewers not the quality of the series.
    Forum Member
    Sigh...
    Forum Member
    Is that a big loss in viewing figures?

Well, it is a big drop in the ratings in the age 18-49 demographic, which is all that matters to American advertisers. Unlike in the UK, "total viewers" numbers don't matter in the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Well, it is a big drop in the ratings in the age 18-49 demographic, which is all that matters to American advertisers. Unlike in the UK, "total viewers" numbers don't matter in the US.

That's a shame. I liked the 2nd episode. Connie and Hayden are very good. I feel it would have done better if it had been set in LA and had been about pop music rather than Country music.
    Forum Member
    That's a shame. I liked the 2nd episode. Connie and Hayden are very good. I feel it would have done better if it had been set in LA and had been about pop music rather than Country music.

The LA thing has been there, done that type of thing..

All the shows are either in the west coast or east coast, Nashville at least was a change..