Wild At Heart

ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,141
Forum Member
Anybody else disappointed that this 2 hour special being shown on 30th December will be the last ever?

I loved this series and Dancing On Ice won't be the same without that in the middle...

Comments

• Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very sorry that it is ending as it is one of my favourite shows. However, its demise was announced some months ago. I'm glad that they are doing a finale to tie up loose ends, which is more than they did with 'The Royal' which ended with a major character at death's door. A similar thing happened with 'Peak Practice' many years ago.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't stand it! I watched one or two episodes but it was so pretentious to my mind that I gave up.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too expensive to make now - and every week the story seemed to be the same !
    There's a behind-the-scenes look on ITV1 on New Year's Eve at 6 pm ''Filming with Animals''
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two hours for that?! No, it's awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Anybody else disappointed that this 2 hour special being shown on 30th December will be the last ever?

I loved this series and Dancing On Ice won't be the same without that in the middle...

Totally agree. That combination of DOI and WAH used to get me through the worst of the dark winter months. Really disappointed to see it go. Loved the animals and the sunshine.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,141
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Too expensive to make now - and every week the story seemed to be the same !
    There's a behind-the-scenes look on ITV1 on New Year's Eve at 6 pm ''Filming with Animals''

Thank you for that....I will be out but will definitely record it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Would have loved to have seen Wild At Heart move to Australia to the 'outback' with Duplessi and nomsa in tow.....I suppose it's run its course....but ITV said that ratings had dropped to 7 million so it wasn't 'worthwhile' - yet simon cowell gets to make X Factor next year - with rapidly decreasing audiences....it's not fair for the older viewer. Wild At Heart made a change from the usual crime drama we get lumbered with - it was a breath of fresh air ...and let's face it - it's probably the only chance many of us have of seeing Africa x
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah me, i enjoyed it.
  • QuofanQuofan Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Same weak storyline every week (or seemed like it!) and the guy who played the lead part has to be the worst actor on TV. So wooden. Coupled with the South African guy it made painful TV.I'm not surprised ITV is axing it.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,141
    Forum Member
    Quofan wrote: »
    Same weak storyline every week (or seemed like it!) and the guy who played the lead part has to be the worst actor on TV. So wooden. Coupled with the South African guy it made painful TV.I'm not surprised ITV is axing it.

Well before it was axed it ran for seven series, plus a final 2 hour special to tie up all the loose ends, so I guess it must have been doing something right.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Wild At Heart made a change from the usual crime drama we get lumbered with - it was a breath of fresh air

This is so true and one of the reasons I loved it. Most dramas now seem to consist of police investigating murders and if it's not that then it's doctors or lawyers.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    I am watching this, it is a bit fuuny with Anders, his drinking and Trevanion's wife snogging his daughter's boyfriend
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Glad it's gone! ITV should have kept Heartbeat and The Royal and scrapped WAH a couple of years ago.
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    looks like there's not many of us watching :o

(still cr@p acting though)
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    How long after the last series is this special meant to be? Alice was pregant in the last series but that kid looks a couple of years old :eek:
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long after the last series is this special meant to be? Alice was pregant in the last series but that kid looks a couple of years old :eek:

Think its supposed to be a year or thereabouts
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,933
    Forum Member
    I am watching this, it is a bit fuuny with Anders, his drinking and Trevanion's wife snogging his daughter's boyfriend

Trevanions wife snogged his tenant, not his future son in law to be.

It seems quite awhile has past on Leopards Den, their son is walking, Rosie is in love and engaged and they have new tenants.

The Royal and Heartbeat reached their natural end, it was nothing to do with WAH. WAH had a very good series last year, but it's quality has dropped so I feel it's time is also at an end.
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed it in the past, but Dawn Steele's character (and I like Dawn as an actress) was beginning to get on my nerves as was Du Plessis.
    Forum Member
    Love the fact the Leopards Den Massive have cocked everything up as per usual!
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too Many Adverts!!!
    Forum Member
    Too Many Adverts!!!

Yes I was half tempted to put off watching until I could view it on catch up, I wish Ihad now. Every 5 mins we get an advert.
    Forum Member
    Nomsa, Fatani and Caroline taking on the baddies, priceless!
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another advert plz itv stop really enjoying tonight's ep as well:(
    Forum Member
    I don't want a sad ending
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's gonna die...

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought he was just gonna keel over. :o