Options

Panasonic hard drive recorder not recording

Help! I set some programmes to record in the same way I always have for years. This is an old familiar machine. No new tuning problems or anything. I get the remote and I press AV. Then I set the programmes I want. Then it records them. Last night, I did all that and asI sat watching other programmes on other channels I could see the machine was recording the channels I wanted. But when I went to play them back later, all I got was a black screen and the words 'BBC 1 not in service'. I tested again with other channels, recording programmes whilst watching them (so I knew they were actually showing), the same thing happened. Have I pressed something I shouldn't have? The TV works fine on its own so it's something to do with the recording machine. It is a DMR-EX95V. Can somebody tell me what to do to put this right? It was working perfectly the night before, and all other nights for years, I can' t think what I did differently last night but I just want it back working.

Comments

• Options
    paulfeldhahnpaulfeldhahn Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I used to used a panasonic dmr e85 h which only had an analogue tuner, currently I'm running panasonic dmr- bwt700 so I'm not familiar with your machine quoted the dmr-ex95v.
    My first thought is, have you retuned the digital tuner recently?
    If not obviously retune.
    If yes, then a quick google search shows this possibility of replacing 5 electrolytic capacitors. but possibly a little more self diagnosis may be required to eliminate a tuning issue first before calling a professional.

Digital/Power PCB MODEL NUMBER
    DMR-EX95VEB
    This is an original manufacturer replacement part
    Symptom's: No digital channel's, Will not tune, Grainy analog channel and line's on picture
    A 5 piece repair kit containing high grade Panasonic electrolytic capacitors and instructions.
    C1203 + C1204 16V 1500UF, C1209 10V 680UF, C1236 + C1808 6.3V 680UF 105ºc
    All parts located secondary side of power supply
    Spared Parts recommend ordering by the manufacturer, part or model number whenever possible as other information is for guidance only.
    We strongly advise our customers to seek advice from an experienced engineer in order to ensure the fault has been correctly diagnosed. An unsuccessful repair is often caused by a related component failure. Spared Parts will not exchange or refund any internal components that we believe have been fitted by an unqualified engineer.
  • Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before you go delving in to replacing components... have you tried a "factory reset" retune?

The thing with Freeview is that they're still doing work on the channel allocations on various transmitters as things are being jiggled after the phase out of analogue and the introduction of the newer format of Freeview that supports HD. The long and short of it is that a simple tuning rescan won't go deep enough. The factory reset will erase the tuning memory and start again from fresh. Be aware though, you'll almost certainly lose your future timer recording settings. Depending on the sophistication of the recorder it might keep the recordings already made of they might go as well. Have a look at your manual for more info and advice.
  • Options
    paulfeldhahnpaulfeldhahn Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Good advice Chris, I agree.