Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that could be part of her appeal. She knows that she's not going to meet people who agree with her all the time, but that's ok, there's always other things to talk about. If I were given the opportunity to meet somebody famous, she'd be in my top three. (Number one - Donny Osmond!!).

And that's all you could ever ask for. The world would be such a better place if everyone looked for common ground rather than fighting over the differences. I bet even Norman Tebbit and me can find common ground over something. Dunno what though.... ;)
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    Hatz
    I am so jealous you met Michaela Strachan...to me she is and always will be the best and most likeable presenter on tv!! I just think she is so compassionate and lovely. I would love to meet her.

She's got a great TV series on Yesterday called Great British Ghosts - you ever seen that? Like Most Haunted but classy. There's been two series of it and the first is out on DVD, check it out! :)
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michaela Strachan was my first ever crush when I was about 9. Didn't really understand at the time why she got me going. . .I long for a return to the age of innocence.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I wrote this on the thread about him but last month my friend and her family met Stephen Mulhern in a pub. They all said he was extremely friendly and down-to-earth and happy to pose for photos.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    Help is available, you know. ;):D *insert-smiley-for-running-away-and-ducking*

Believe me, I'm not so devoted as some of his fans are. It can get quite scary at times. I saw Donny & Marie at the LG Arena in January and had a great but I don't go in for waiting at airports, queuing at TV studios etc.
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Toyah from Corrie in a bar when I was on holidays, she is lovely and so pleasant, and on the same holiday I met Mick Johnson from Brookside, in McDonalds, he was lovely too. Sorry can't remember their real names. :D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my friend and her family met Stephen Mulhern in a pub. They all said he was[...]happy to pose for photos.

That made me laugh because I imagined Stephen going around offering to pose for photos and no one being interested!
  • Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clark2012 wrote: »
    Met Joseph Millson, Samantha Spiro and Billy Boyd after Macbeth at the Globe yesterday afternoon. All three were lovely to chat too, and Millson in particular was extremely warm. Also had the luck of meeting the particularly delightful Jenna-Louise Coleman, who was an absolute treat!

On the other hand, I had a rather horrible expereince with Harrison Ford. Seemed very up himself, although I will say that when I next met him, he was nicer, and polite. Also been able to meet Thomas Law, who is both incredibly lovely and incredibly handsome. Also great with him fans.

We were at the Globe yesterday to see Macbeth. We were lucky to meet Joseph Millson too. I agree with your sentiments, he is such a warm-hearted and jolly personality and down to earth guy. We also got the added bonus and met with Sarah-Jane Potts, she is lovely and it was nice of them make time to chat with them even though he had a talk to do after the show.:)
    He was amazing in Macbeth btw, I highly recommend this version its so refreshing and he is so powerful on stage and he speaks with such clarity.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends, who used to run the Taggart Fan Club, went to meet the cast on set and said they were really nice and friendly. Apparently the late Mark Mc Manus always had time for his fans as well.
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Gino D'Acampo was an absolute delight today, signed my book for me and had a picture with him! Was an absolute pleasure!
  • James_FosterJames_Foster Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    My wife went out with someone involved in the wardrobe dept on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and was invited out to the location shoot in Spain.
    Denholm Elliot was terrifically friendly and invited her to sit with him and his wife at lunch. Harrison Ford kept himself to himself and Sean Connery even managed to smile and say hello.

I saw Chris Ellison from the Bill at a Brighton pub. He came and sat with us when he found out we all went to the same school. Very friendly guy. I mentioned that I saw him recently in the Sweeney when he was little known and he said that John Thaw was a bit miserable to work with but Dennis Waterman was a great laugh.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    That made me laugh because I imagined Stephen going around offering to pose for photos and no one being interested!

Lol, because you don't like him or because you watch BGMT?
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wife went out with someone involved in the wardrobe dept on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and was invited out to the location shoot in Spain.
    Denholm Elliot was terrifically friendly and invited her to sit with him and his wife at lunch. Harrison Ford kept himself to himself and Sean Connery even managed to smile and say hello.

I saw Chris Ellison from the Bill at a Brighton pub. He came and sat with us when he found out we all went to the same school. Very friendly guy. I mentioned that I saw him recently in the Sweeney when he was little known and he said that John Thaw was a bit miserable to work with but Dennis Waterman was a great laugh.

Suprised they didn't get him for 'New Tricks'?
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    I met danielle radcliffe on friday night at his stage door. Now when i meet a famous person for the first time i dont know how they are with fans, i put my hand out for a handshake as i was in the 2nd row and didnt think id get a picture. Someone moved out of the way and i touched him a couple of times. He didnt like it and asked me not to so i apolgosied 3 times and he must have accepted it as i did get a pic

Now im being made to feel guilty about it ive been told off at least 3 times about it since. Not sure if this is the right thread for this but yeah i dont think he was being rude he just didnt like it
  • Already In UseAlready In Use Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I met danielle radcliffe on friday night at his stage door. Now when i meet a famous person for the first time i dont know how they are with fans, i put my hand out for a handshake as i was in the 2nd row and didnt think id get a picture. Someone moved out of the way and i touched him a couple of times. He didnt like it and asked me not to so i apolgosied 3 times and he must have accepted it as i did get a pic

Now im being made to feel guilty about it ive been told off at least 3 times about it since. Not sure if this is the right thread for this but yeah i dont think he was being rude he just didnt like it

I wouldn't appreciate being touched 3 times by a random stranger either!
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't appreciate being touched 3 times by a random stranger either!

Hes a very well known famous person and there was a crowd. He obviously accepted my apology otherwise he wouldnt have come over to me?

Celebs get touched all the time around crowds of people i thought it was normal..ive certainly not been told off by one before now and ive done plenty of stage doors and red carpets..

Its one of the reasons they cant walk out freely in public or else theyd get mobbed..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I have met 100s of good folks in the biz......

http://www.harryfielder.co.uk
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How you doing Aitch? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I am try to get better.. I had a Stroke in Feb.. It take's time..

http://www.harryfielder.co.uk

Aitch..;)
  • Raven_CrowRaven_Crow Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    My story is about meeting Timothy Dalton about 20 years ago … think he was still playing James Bond at the time. I wasn’t fussed on him as James Bond, but he once played Mr Rochester in a 70’s BBC adaptation of Jane Eyre and I had a bit of a crush on him then.

What happened is that my friend and I were in the Crown Bar in Belfast on a pre-Christmas outing and realised that TD was standing beside us at the bar.
    Egged on by my pal I spoke to him and he gave me a look like I was a wart on the backside of humanity and a monosyllabic reply. I was embarrassed and said something lame like ‘nice to see you in Belfast’ before turning away.
    Then about half an hour later when TD was leaving the bar, he deliberately caught my eye over the crowd and smiled and waved good-bye. I think once he realised we weren’t groupies and weren’t going to bother him, he was sorry he’d been rude. Anyway he sort of redeemed himself in my eyes.
    Redemption notwithstanding mind you … the Christmas Panto was on in the theatre across the road from the Crown and I still wish I’d said to him ‘Are you appearing as Widow Twanky or what?’ .. just to prick his Royal Shakespeare Co uppity-ness.
    He was looking good I must add.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice:

Ten years ago my aunt and cousin met a bearded Daniel Craig and Jason Isaacs exiting the Amber Regent Chinese restaurant in Glasgow. Both posed for photos and laughed and joked - before heading to a kebab place... They'd just had a Chinese!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    soilhoof wrote: »
    Nice:

Ten years ago my aunt and cousin met a bearded Daniel Craig and Jason Isaacs exiting the Amber Regent Chinese restaurant in Glasgow. Both posed for photos and laughed and joked - before heading to a kebab place... They'd just had a Chinese!

Daniel Craig and Jason Isaacs - I'd LOVE to be the filling in that man sandwich!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Raven_Crow wrote: »
    My story is about meeting Timothy Dalton about 20 years ago … think he was still playing James Bond at the time. I wasn’t fussed on him as James Bond, but he once played Mr Rochester in a 70’s BBC adaptation of Jane Eyre and I had a bit of a crush on him then.

What happened is that my friend and I were in the Crown Bar in Belfast on a pre-Christmas outing and realised that TD was standing beside us at the bar.
    Egged on by my pal I spoke to him and he gave me a look like I was a wart on the backside of humanity and a monosyllabic reply. I was embarrassed and said something lame like ‘nice to see you in Belfast’ before turning away.
    Then about half an hour later when TD was leaving the bar, he deliberately caught my eye over the crowd and smiled and waved good-bye. I think once he realised we weren’t groupies and weren’t going to bother him, he was sorry he’d been rude. Anyway he sort of redeemed himself in my eyes.
    Redemption notwithstanding mind you … the Christmas Panto was on in the theatre across the road from the Crown and I still wish I’d said to him ‘Are you appearing as Widow Twanky or what?’ .. just to prick his Royal Shakespeare Co uppity-ness.
    He was looking good I must add.

Do you really wish you had said that? It's no wonder some celebs can't be fagged talking to people.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raven_Crow wrote: »
    realised that TD was standing beside us at the bar.
    Egged on by my pal I spoke to him and he gave me a look like I was a wart on the backside of humanity and a monosyllabic reply.

Depends what you said to him. If it was just, 'Hi, you're Tim Dalton, aren't you?' what could you expect back? 'Yeah, I'm appearing in such-and-such nearby/visiting a friend/relative locally' sounds the likely limit, rather than a long discussion of his life story.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends what you said to him. If it was just, 'Hi, you're Tim Dalton, aren't you?' what could you expect back? 'Yeah, I'm appearing in such-and-such nearby/visiting a friend/relative locally' sounds the likely limit, rather than a long discussion of his life story.

You could've said 'you were great in Flash Gordon' ;)
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soilhoof wrote: »
    Nice:

:D just like what my sons were like- a bottomless pit when it came to food lol :D can not really call Jason a lad far from it