Who's Catherine?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duchess of Cambridge... Catherine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry but I hope these DJ's are fired for this.. it was a bad bad joke... and has cost someone their life.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Blimey a prank that has gone drastically and tragically wrong, did she lose her job? - Something ridiculously so innocent, DJ's could be in trouble.

RIP.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This all seems a bit strange.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The DJs might think it was a harmless prank, but for all we know the nurses involved might have been really hauled over the coals for this, not only by their superiors but by the palace.

I really hope the DJs are made to account for this.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that's tragic. :(

If I'm honest, when all of this came about I didn't think much of it, if honest I thought it was being taken too seriously.

But to think it took someone's life...horrible. :(
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This all seems a bit strange.

If the lady was suicidal this might explain why the call got through originally, if she was deeply depressed etc her mind was probably elsewhere and thats why she did not check who she was really putting through.

I would say that the DJ's are not to blame but they probably did not help if they added to her exisiting stress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is SO strange! Unbelievably sad!

My friend I was talking to was wondering if the nurse had something to hide/protect and was scared now that her voice and place of work was known internationally. An abusive ex, bad family relationships or something and didn't feel safe anymore.:confused:

What a tragic mess!
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Geneve wrote: »
    I am sorry but I hope these DJ's are fired for this.. it was a bad bad joke... and has cost someone their life.

Well we don't know the cause of this - so that's premature?

Who knows how the hospital reacted when this got out - did they sack her or discipline her?

We don't know!
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    As someone who was calling for the person in question to lose their job, this is clearly not good news. I stand by the fact that it could be seen as gross misconduct though.
    Porcupine wrote: »
    The DJs might think it was a harmless prank, but for all we know the nurses involved might have been really hauled over the coals for this, not only by their superiors but by the palace.

I really hope the DJs are made to account for this.

What can they do? They will undoubtedly lose their jobs, but that wont be seen as sufficient. Being as they are in Australia, there's nothing the British authorities can do, and even if there was I doubt they did anything specifically illegal.

As for the bit in bold, why would the palace have anything to do with the nurse's? It's nothing to do with them.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    As someone who was calling for the person in question to lose their job, this is clearly not good news. I stand by the fact that it could be seen as gross misconduct though.

I think it would be harsh to take that view without knowing the facts. We don't know the situation regarding phone calls at that hospital. For all we know The Queen had called the hospital before. Her husband has spent a lot of time there remember and she never visited him in person. Perhaps she had a habit of calling in instead. And remember, two people handled the call, not just one. The initial person who picked up the phone and the person who the call was transferred to.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »

What can they do? They will undoubtedly lose their jobs, but that wont be seen as sufficient. Being as they are in Australia, there's nothing the British authorities can do, and even if there was I doubt they did anything specifically illegal.

As for the bit in bold, why would the palace have anything to do with the nurse's? It's nothing to do with them.

I really do hope they lose their jobs. The guy has been really plugging this "great plank" on his twitter and having a good laugh about it. Sure he is not laughing now
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky News are saying its the nurse not the receptionist that has been found dead.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad - how awful must this girl have felt to have taken her own life.
    I hope the DJ's are somehow held accountable for this utterly needless death.
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad. May she rest in peace.
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chances are the people involved were in line to be sacked.

Fact is even if it wasn't the future queen involved, giving out personal information to a third party is a serious matter anyway.

I wonder if someone told them before logging onto to twitter, because they are getting some serious abuse ATM.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky News are saying its the nurse not the receptionist that has been found dead.

Nurse or receptionist, does it really matter which it is??
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how it's the DJs fault that she has committed suicide. I have to question where the support for her was and what sort of reaction her superiors had when this mistake happened.

Typical right wing media sheep always looking for an easy scapegoat instead of answering serious questions.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the ozzie djs will feel bad now! bloody hell
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how it's the DJs fault that she has committed suicide. I have to question where the support for her was and what sort of reaction her superiors had when this mistake happened.

Typical right wing media sheep always looking for an easy scapegoat instead of answering serious questions.

Deleted
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The DJ's are also to blame. Yes maybe she did require further support from her superiors.

It was these DJ's that put her on the air and made her look a fool and maybe it was all "just for a laugh", but its a laugh that has costs someone their life and hopefully these DJ's jobs.