South Park: Season 19 [UK/US Pace]

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
FINALLY back !

Just watched the first episode and it was very good. Very "PC" :)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Caitlyn Jenner was the subject. I haven't watched it yet.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did and wasn't impressed. :(
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope South Park do a show about the lawyer complaining about some bloke praising her Linkedin photo. :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Caitlyn Jenner was the subject. I haven't watched it yet.

it's more about "PC" culture than anything. Caitlyn Jenner is used more as a plot device.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Don't watch much CC these days so didn't see any trailers or know it was on.

Cheers for the heads up.
  • A Bad ThrillerA Bad Thriller Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    How many series and years has this clocked up, wow is it really that good, I used to get bored to tears when I watched this at my relatives house as a kid.

Is Kenny actually dead yet and is Chef still in it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many series and years has this clocked up, wow is it really that good, I used to get bored to tears when I watched this at my relatives house as a kid.

Is Kenny actually dead yet and is Chef still in it?

Chef was written out 9 seasons ago :)
    Forum Member
    Chef was written out 9 seasons ago :)

Why? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? :o

Isaac Hayes left. I think he had a bit of a mid-life crisis or just an overall change of heart after getting involved with Scientology and decided the show wasn't compatible with what he believed in any more and left.

The episode where he was written out was very good indeed. They did leave it open - sort of - for him to come back, but he won't.
    Forum Member
    Isaac Hayes left. I think he had a bit of a mid-life crisis or just an overall change of heart after getting involved with Scientology and decided the show wasn't compatible with what he believed in any more and left.

The episode where he was written out was very good indeed. They did leave it open - sort of - for him to come back, but he won't.

Wow I never knew any of that!
    Forum Member

Isaac Hayes certainly won't be back
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Isaac Hayes certainly won't be back

Oh really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really?

Yeah, what with being dead n' all ..
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh really?

Well, he's dead for a start.
    Forum Member
    Although I do seem to remember that Chef's final episode was made up of sound bites from previous episodes to make new dialogue.
    Forum Member
    You guys say that seriously when the running gag is "they killed Kenny", he's had more comebacks then Eastenders returnees from the grave.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You got a problem, bro? I'm PC too, bro.

Great episode. :D
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Political Correctness is really just bullying in the guise of morality, and the episode did get that across very well.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Although I do seem to remember that Chef's final episode was made up of sound bites from previous episodes to make new dialogue.

It was

There was a lot of contradiction from Issac Hayes

In early interviews, he had no issue with the scientology episode. But then did a total U turn and said it was bad and he pleaded against it. He then said he left the show because of that episode. Then he changed his mind and said he left due to money. Then changed his mind that he left due to ill health, as he suffered a stroke during the making of season 8. He would sadly have another stroke two years later, which killed him.

Trey and Matt did say that Issac had no issue with the episode during production and were blind sided when he changed his mind. But they also said that Issac was being unfair because Issac never had no issue about all the other religions they had made fun of, but because it was a religion he was apart of, it was therefore unacceptable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You got a problem, bro? I'm PC too, bro.

Great episode. :D

I honestly think it was a stroke of genius making a Frat Boy "PC". They're probably the least "PC" people you'll ever see. Bro :)

Randy getting his arse tattooed at the end and saying "Sweeeet" when he got his glasses made me laugh as well.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think this was a very good opener. Although i can't wait for (eventual) episode on Donald Trump's Presidential Campaign :D (and Hill Dog)
    Forum Member
    I wasn't really impressed. I thought at points in the last season they made Cartman too OTT to often.
    This was the opposite. Maybe that was the point.

I did think last season started of slow but gained momentum so I hope this one does the same.

btw, I though the frat 'boy' looked more like Val Kilmer :D
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene that made me laugh out loud was when the boys visit Cartman in hospital

Kyle:Your never going to call me a dirty jew again?
    Eric:No,i'm going to call you (slight pause) my friend
    Kyle: Oh,f*ck you

It's just the way Cartman says my friend as he reaches his hand out.
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys say that seriously when the running gag is "they killed Kenny", he's had more comebacks then Eastenders returnees from the grave.

Errr yes but Isaac Hayes is actually dead, as in real life dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they did Trump :D

Utterly brilliant episode. The alphabet song had me laughing so much my head hurt!