Changing a lyric

CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
Forum Member
Sometimes when I listen to a song I think another word or phrase would be better than the one used. For example, on Adele's Someone Like You I think in the line 'you're married now' it would have been better to use the word 'happy', going after someone who's married seems a bit off-limits but 'happy' can be shortlived.

On Lana Del Ray's Video Games, instead of 'whistling my name' I would possibly have put 'whispering my name' (can you even whistle a name?).

Maybe I'm the only one who does this:D but does anyone else ever think another word or phrase is better than the original when listening to a song.

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think 'Someone Like You' has the suggestion that Adele is "going after someone who's married", I understood the song to mean that she's finally letting a past love go, and wishing him well while also hoping for new love herself. So I don't have an issue with the lyric, really.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CreamPuff wrote: »
    Sometimes when I listen to a song I think another word or phrase would be better than the one used. For example, on Adele's Someone Like You I think in the line 'you're married now' it would have been better to use the word 'happy', going after someone who's married seems a bit off-limits but 'happy' can be shortlived.

On Lana Del Ray's Video Games, instead of 'whistling my name' I would possibly have put 'whispering my name' (can you even whistle a name?).

Maybe I'm the only one who does this:D but does anyone else ever think another word or phrase is better than the original when listening to a song.

I don't see how it sounds like Adele is after a married man. She is reflecting on an old boyfriend and is telling us he has moved on by getting married, but she hasn't, but she accepts it and knows she will never find someone like them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Also in Lana DelRey's Video Games instead of singing 'Baby, Now You Do' in the chorus i sing 'Baby, Now Your Doomed'. Mainly because thats what i thought she was saying for ages and also it sounds better.